Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#26 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
It looks like there's a lot of players who've installed this without checking what all of the options and settings are and never bothered to fully check on everything to make sure things were actually set for how they wanted romance to be handled in the town and for each sim or each lot.I would back my entire Sims 2 game folder up fully both before and just after installing ACR before even setting it up or runnign my game for longer than it takes to install the Mod and call on the controller.It's because I want to have something to go back to if anything went wrong in setting the Mod up.This actually sounds like something that needs tuning and configuring before starting to play with it activated or you get unwanted results from it like broken marriages and sims cheating on their partners who shouldn't.

Not the disagreer, but it's important to remember that a lot of players did do this careful studying and configuration - ten years ago when the mod was released, so the process isn't exactly fresh in their minds anymore.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 4:59 PM
It's just that they seem to think they've checked before fiding things happening that they didn't want or that they didnt' study the documentation as carefully as they should've or they waited too long to install and forgot most of it.I would think of doing a test game after backing things up post install even though I backed the folder up just before to run tests on the settings just to make sure when I go in for real I don't ruin my town's entire storyline with settings not configured correctly for how I wanted things played out.
@omglo -I would advise rereading the documents again of you've not read them in a long time and refeshing your memory before installing it again if you forgot everything from before.I'm making sure to reread before installing to make sure I know exactly how to set things up and running test games after safely backing my Sims 2 folder up to have a fallback point later on in case I set the Mod up wrong.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
It looks like there's a lot of players who've installed this without checking what all of the options and settings are and never bothered to fully check on everything to make sure things were actually set for how they wanted romance to be handled in the town and for each sim or each lot.I would back my entire Sims 2 game folder up fully both before and just after installing ACR before even setting it up or runnign my game for longer than it takes to install the Mod and call on the controller.It's because I want to have something to go back to if anything went wrong in setting the Mod up.This actually sounds like something that needs tuning and configuring before starting to play with it activated or you get unwanted results from it like broken marriages and sims cheating on their partners who shouldn't.

Prior to installing ACR I did read the documentation very carefully, so I knew what I was getting into. I also backed up my game before loading it, just in case I didn't like the outcome. I enjoy having it. I've had no 'broken' marriages that I didn't want; I set couples that I 'ship,' so to speak, to totally faithful. If I'm not too bothered about what a couple does, or something, I set my settings appropriate to their personality.

It took me, in real-time, a little over an hour to get things how I liked them. I just wasn't aware of the TFB dialog, since that doesn't directly affect my playstyle. In challenge hoods, or hoods that I'm experimenting with, I don't bother with altering the settings, as these aren't hoods I'm serious about. In my main hoods, everything is carefully set up.

I'm sure this is the same for everyone else here. Backing up is a common, and very required, process to preserving one's game.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#29 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 2:46 PM
I would not care as mich about setting for ACR in a testing game though that would be very different in a challenge or any game I really care about.I found out there was an option to turn autonomy off globally which would work for me if I don't want anything crazy happeneing in a town.I would just use it to stop EA's autonomy from messing with my game and breaking marriages up with their messing around and pushing them to cheat on each other.I only want that if it's for a story I had in mind for that family or couple.
Page 2 of 2