Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.2 BETA RC1

by Chocolate Pi Posted 22nd Feb 2006 at 3:46 AM - Updated 16th May 2009 at 10:24 AM by Numenor : Updated info and links

392 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 391 Feedback Posts
Page 4 of 16
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 9:22 PM
upstart: This thread *is* the place for asking technical questions, so long as said questions relate to this specific mod. This is a mod in testing phase, and the people who are testing this mod are supposed to use this thread to help troubleshoot it.
Instructor
#77 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 4:41 AM
I haven't tried this version, but I have tried the original mod. As far as the interiors being too dark, it helps to set the lighting setting higher in image options. The light going through arches was a problem of the original mod as well- I think gunmod said it couldn't be fixed.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 5:31 AM
Ellatrue,
If that will solve our 'too dark' problem then maybe it should be included in the original post. I've taken mine back out to the Maxis lights but I'd love to try it again if you think it will solve my issues with it.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 8:24 PM
I have used this, and haven't seen it being 'too dark' inside, during the night. This was a good mod for me, and I decided using this over the original 2.1 that Gunmod himself posted.
I noticed that the 'broken' diffusion light of the original 2.1, seems to work again with this mod in place (Of course it may of been OFB, but I don't want to uninstall and lose my sims due to one light)
I have noticed with the pixel shading and using high detail lights personally, it hasn't been too dark. It's been just right. Unlike 2.1 where when it was dark, it was nearly pitch black.

I'm wondering one thing with this one, has anyone tried it with Smartlights to automatically shut off lights not in use? (I dislike how my bathroom and livingroom lights are on during all night, when nobody is using them, and I have to automatically turn them off... it's a little annoying but not game-breaking)
Test Subject
#80 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 11:10 PM
So we're 100% sure it works with OFB...?
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 11:52 PM
it works almost perfect with OFB only issue is evevator lights dont seem to work and the
elevator seems a little dark but still works fine.

and i strongly recomend the use of Smart lights 2. it works great
Scholar
#82 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 12:34 AM
this mod works fine with OfB yes
i have never had a problem with the houses being to dark inside, but i have wondered if my computer is set at a higher brightness than the poeple who are reporting very dark interiors. maybe adjusting that might help
lighting needs to be set to high in the options section ingame or no light at all will come through
Instructor
#83 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 1:37 AM Last edited by idtaminger : 16th Mar 2006 at 1:51 AM.
I'm not particularly fond of the pool effects w/ this new mod. It looks very plastic. Hopefully with the final version you can release one w/out the pool effects?
Test Subject
#84 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 3:01 AM
Ah, thanks woodchuck and anelca. The lousy elevator lights won't really bug me that much...a small price to pay for improved lighting, I think. Thanks again!
Scholar
#85 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
I'm not particularly fond of the pool effects w/ this new mod. It looks very plastic. Hopefully with the final version you can release one w/out the pool effects?

i don't get the pool effect as i don't have high enough pixel shader capabilities. but the mod works otherwise for me
you could use the previous version if you don't want the effect
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 10:07 PM Last edited by WyrmKing : 19th Mar 2006 at 10:57 PM.
Default Computers
Well, the screen of computers(both Moneywell and the fancy one) that my Sims use are completely black unless it's outside in the sun.

Even if there are lights in the house, the computer screen appears black.

What's up with that?
Scholar
#87 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 3:19 AM
black computer screens are a known issue. GunMod mentions it in his original threads.
the computer will still give off a glow. actually the screens aren't entirey black...if you zoom onto them you can just make out the stuff on the screen
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 4:12 AM
Well I used the previous one, and I could still see the screen.

But this one, the screen is soo dim.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 10:32 AM
Looks great in game!

Just wanted to let you know:
Since I installed v2.2 BETA RC1 I had two crashes while playing. Actually, the computer just rebooted.
Both incidences happened around a "light change" (when it became 18:00 h or 19:00 h).

I have a Radeon X800 Pro 256 MB with latest drivers from OmegaDrivers.

Could this be related to the new pool shader? (I surely hope it isn't - I like the new pool effect.)
Test Subject
#90 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 6:00 PM
Hmm I seem to have the same problem with the computer rebotting on me but for me the roboot occurs when I jump from a house to the nighborhood just as the the loading screen disappears at the end of loading. I have the same gfx card by the way. I will test by the end of the week to see if the shader file causes all the problems.

thanks
Test Subject
#91 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunaisafish
At what hours does the value change?

04 Time Of Day (0 = day, 1 = dusk, 2 = night, 3 = dawn)

Found out by experiment...
Day 7-18, Dusk 18-19, Night 19-6, Dawn 6-7

This was from another fourm but I would like to know which file I need to modify to change the games dusk/dawn transition from 1 second to the full minute to match the Radience Lighting System because the sky will remain blue or black for the dawn/dusk transition until 7am/pm then changes.
#92 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 6:12 AM
I've been using this now for about a week and I really like it except...
It's a little TOO dark. In rooms with no windows, it's completely PITCH BLACK unless I leave the light on all the time. Especially on houses with no foundation. I thought about removing it but I really like it. Is there anyway I can brighten it up just a little bit?
Scholar
#93 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 10:15 AM
Anjewelika.....make sure your lighting option is set to high
Test Subject
#94 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 2:10 AM
Do we know if he's still working on the mod? Lol...
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#95 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 3:16 AM
Gunmod isn't. Chocolate Pi has taken over the project and is currently in charge of development.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#96 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 4:21 AM
Excellent Mod, I used Gunmods mod before but found the Neighbourhood view had strange colour's cycling making it hard to play the game. Thankful this problem doe'snt appear with you're mod.. Wonderfull Work
Test Subject
#97 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 3:57 PM
Checking up on things here. Anyone know if Chocolate Pi is still working on this? Hasn't been any word from him in this thread for a while.

About the lighting and shadow settings, I have mine set to high. During the day, it's still too dark inside. Granted this is a personal preference but I do prefer to not need interior lights on during the day - unless the room is a windowless sort, I don't think there should be the need. As is it wouldn't need a big change, just to be made a little bit brighter to be comfortable.
Test Subject
#98 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 9:05 PM
also adding my curiousity as to the status of this project? is it still a WIP or has it been left as is again or? I was really excited that this project was continuing and I am sure others are too if it is a question of interest. Anyways good work and here's to hoping for more versions in the future.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#99 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 10:14 PM
As Chocolate Pi said:
Quote: Originally posted by Chocolate Pi
ONLY DOWNLOAD TO TEST! NO TYPICAL INSTALLATION OR TROUBLESHOOTING HELP WILL BE PROVIDED! THIS IS NOT A FINAL RELEASE!

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
As Chocolate Pi said:ONLY DOWNLOAD TO TEST! NO TYPICAL INSTALLATION OR TROUBLESHOOTING HELP WILL BE PROVIDED! THIS IS NOT A FINAL RELEASE!

why? ive been running this for a month now and it runs great i love it.
why for test only?whats wrong with it?whats not done?

And this modyourLlama2 thing is relly starting to creep me out!
Page 4 of 16