Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Athleticwear as Athleticwear Game Mod -PLZ REDOWNLOAD- AGAIN!

by Phaenoh Posted 27th Jul 2007 at 11:58 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2008 at 8:21 PM by Phaenoh : Enabled YA outfits, fixed compatibility issues

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Theorist
#26 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
As if I don't have enough to do already. Ok, I think I talked myself into it. That one will be updated within the hour. Thanks for pointing it our Sophie-David.
Thank you -- and you're welcome! There's never a shortage of work is there?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 3:15 PM
Oddly enough, for me, I either have TOO much to do, or nothing at all. Which is strange, because I still have a large pile of unfinished projects..
Inventor
#28 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 10:06 PM
Yes! This is the best! ^__^ Although you seem to have uploaded the .bak file instead, is that intentional?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by annachibi
Yes! This is the best! ^__^ Although you seem to have uploaded the .bak file instead, is that intentional?

lol, embarrasing. Thats what I get for doing things at 1 in the morning!

EDIT: I opened them up myself, they do contain the .bak files, but still have the one you need in them. Just delete the .bak files. This isn't worth fixing yet. At the rate I've had to edit and re-edit these files, I'll prolly have to upload another version still anyways. I'll fix it then. Thanks for pointing it out!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 6:44 AM
I download your newest files. But the "Moved" file caused male YA has no atheticwear at all. The "Added" file works fine, but there is no new clothes for YA (male & female) for both files
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
I download your newest files. But the "Moved" file caused male YA has no atheticwear at all. The "Added" file works fine, but there is no new clothes for YA (male & female) for both files
Did you place these downloads in the Bins folder of your most recent EP? And also, I assume you tested these two separately? They aren't compatible with each other.
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 9:42 AM Last edited by jemjie : 18th Sep 2007 at 9:45 AM. Reason: Added EP/SP info
Hi Phaenoh, I must start by saying that you're my favourite modder here. I hate to add new meshes to my game and your stuff also fits in with the base clothes I've downloaded the newest MOVED file of this mod and have found that sims in the athletic carear now use the default "pink shirt - white trousers" outfit that occurs when there is a missing mesh. Is is possible for this to be fixed? I haven't tried it with the ADDED file as I dislike the athletic wear so much!

ETA: I have Uni, NL, OFB and H&M
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 4:46 PM
Ok, so I downloaded my own files and took a look at them again, I honestly can see nothing that could be causing this problem. However, last time I updated this, I included by accident the .bak file, so it doesn't contain the second updates changes. Delete the current MOVED.package you have and rename the .bak file to .package. Try that, if it still doesn't work, bug me about it again.
Test Subject
#34 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 10:13 AM
Hi Phaenoh, I've tried using the bak file instead and it hasn't sorted the problem. It might be that I'm running H&M over OFB (which is usually an unsuported game config) and I've placed the file in the H&M folders. I'll have a play with it over the weekend and also try out the "added" file. Everything else is working fine - the old everyday wear is showing up in the athleticwear category as expected.

(Also my sim children love all the clothes you've given them )
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 3:11 PM
Hi Phaenoh, just letting you know that I couldn't resolve the problem I had with the missing athleticwear for my athletic career Sims. I've changed to your "added" file and that works fine. Thanks once again for this mod - I love having more choice in their workout clothes.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 6:27 PM
Perhaps one of my next projects will help you out. I'm fixing some more clothes and moving them to the Athleticwear bin. Keep a look out for that. Sorry this one didn't work out for you though.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 1:22 AM
:: Hits hand on head :: DUH! I've figured out why the Athletic career sims outfits stopped working... :: feels dumb and sheepish :: all work outfits are in everydaywear, with the moved file I 'broke' the link to it by changing which bin it was in. Sorry about that everybody! (still no plans to update it, the 'added' file is the work around, or open my package up in SimPE and delete the reference to the black outfit. The black one will return to being hidden and stay in everydaywear ready for all those Superstars to go to work in.)
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
This game mod will work with all other clothing mods that do not involve these Athleticwear clothes. Any that modify these WILL clash (I don't know of any, but someone might have thought of it)

I have your Default Athletic Wear and I just wanted to check that this doesn't conflict with those.
I'm guessing (feel free to throw something at me if I'm wrong) that it should be fine since you include this type of added/moved mod with your Teen and Adult sport jumper default replacements.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 3:36 PM
Right, works fine. Actually, works lovely together. Mods (atleast made be me) that change the look of the clothing do not contain any information about where they need to be in the catalog, so when I make a mod that changes where it goes (also doesn't contain texture information) they won't conflict. Enjoy your newly spiffed up clothing catalog!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 4:04 AM
Quote:
Ok, anyone else getting tired of those three/four athleticwear choices for your adult sims?
Oh my, yes! Since day 1, or at least day 2. Thank you so much for making this.

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Test Subject
#41 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 11:53 AM
Hi Phaenoh,

I accicentally stuck your mod in my download folder, but it still works fine there and the clothing doesn't get the custom star.
It will stay there because I really don't like to mess with the program files.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#42 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 9:11 AM
Thank you! Is it possible to make this with maxis formal wear?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:19 PM
I did two large all encompassing mods of all the maxiswear, check my page for them. They are 'Game Mods'.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 4:25 AM
Thank you very kindly :)
Page 2 of 2