Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Grand Trianon Collection - *UPD 20 MAR 2008*

by The "Dream Team" Posted 11th Jul 2005 at 4:49 AM - Updated 7th May 2009 at 9:01 AM by Numenor

1511 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1487 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 61
Test Subject
#76 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 1:54 PM
This is some of the best work I've seen..... ever. Your amazing! THANK YOU!
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:08 PM
~*~wow~*~
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:19 PM
I have to update on my original post as i just put this in my game and loaded up a wonderful dorm lot i had built with tons of tiny cottages to be the dorm rooms and two community buildings, i had been dreading decorating these buildings because i needed to fit a lot of things in a small area (5x5 rooms) your set has allowed me to do this!!! Thank you again everyone!
Field Researcher
#79 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:22 PM
Wow great job on the whole set.Wow!
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by netseeker2
It's beautiful but for some strange reason (I've never seen this happen before here nor anywhere else), it wants to download all the individual rars as "MTS2....&quot" files. So I can't get them. All the other downloads in other threads on this site download fine. Just this set doesn't. Not for me anyhow.

netseeker2

Could be a result of too many people downloading at one time. Try again in a little bit- I had no trouble.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:34 PM
One question- I clean out my custom content on an almost regular basis either becuase I have found better items, or because I realized I don't use a particular item very often. (I doubt I will find better, but I might not use some of these items.) Sometimes, this causes me to get the dreaded "blue" items, because I will have accidentally deleted a file that others depend on to work. Are any of these items "Master" items? Is there anything I should be careful NOT to delete in the future? If I delete one of the mirror designs, for example, will all of the other mirrors go blue? Thanks!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the work you guys put into these!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Field Researcher
#82 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:38 PM
Wow!!!! I am speechless. Unbelievably beautiful collection of objects. Amazing. Completely amazing. I cannot wait to try them in my game. Thank you all so much for these. The Dream Team rocks!!!!

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:39 PM
""Repository" is the Poster Floor Mirror (part of the Mirror Bedroom collection): you must keep it in your downloads folder, otherwise all the Grand Trianon objects will show a flashing blue texture."
That answers my question.... I read all the posts, but skipped the data sheet, because I was in too much of a hurry to D/L everything! LOL

Question still stands on Mirror designs, though. Is it okay to delete a specific mirror design, but not others? Or are all of the designs considered 'master files' by the floor mirror?
Test Subject
#84 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:39 PM
What can I say that hasn't already been stated throughout this thread? Wonderful job!! Thanks to each of you for your hard work and thanks for sharing with us! :D
Test Subject
#85 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:45 PM
Tank yoy! =)
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#86 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:42 PM
YAY! You finally released it! We truly have the best meshers and object makers ever on MTS2.

So when's the next one? :D
Creators of the "Grand Trianon"
Original Poster
#87 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:51 PM Last edited by The "Dream Team" : 11th Jul 2005 at 2:59 PM.
For anyone experiencing downloading problems:
Click on the "User Tool" link (on the top right of the screen), select "Edit Options"; on the option screen, go to the very bottom and check the last option, labeled " If you are having problems seeing thumbnail images or downloading, try checking this box".

Then, you have to clean the browser cache (IE users and Firefox users: see pictures), and lastly you have to close and restart the browser. (If you want to be sure at maximum, restart you computer).

I've tested the process above with my own Firefox browser: after checking the option in the MTS2 UserTool, the problem was not solved until I restarted the browser (I haven't restarted Windows).
Screenshots

To prevent flashing blue objects you need to install the FLOOR MIRROR

-----------------------------------------------------------
The "Dream Team" members:
Atavera, JWoods, Numenor, Peter_halland, Raquelcesar
Creators of the "Grand Trianon"
Original Poster
#88 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:55 PM Last edited by The "Dream Team" : 11th Jul 2005 at 2:57 PM.
Silentthunder19: you can safely delete anything but the Floor Mirror (as you have correctly guessed).

You can delete any recolour pack with no harm (obviously, those recolours won't be available any more: the objects will revert to their default colour).

This applies to the glass etchings, too: you can safely delete them: the default textures for the glass, the wood, the metal and the fabric are all contained in the Floor Mirror.

Daysies: What's next? Mmmh... a bit of vacation, I hope; we have worked on this collection for months, as you know . Then, we are planning to expand the Grand Trianon to other rooms: living, kitchen... who knows?

To prevent flashing blue objects you need to install the FLOOR MIRROR

-----------------------------------------------------------
The "Dream Team" members:
Atavera, JWoods, Numenor, Peter_halland, Raquelcesar
Test Subject
#89 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:57 PM
to those having trouble downloading the files- all you have to do is rename the files to have a .rar suffix and they will work. a fast cut and paste job is all it takes. That's what I just did.

hope this helps.

-Batty-
#90 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:59 PM
Wow!!Wow
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:00 PM
Clicking a thank you button would NOT be enough for this wonderful set of objects .... i humbly bow to all the WONDERFUL, TALENTED, AWESOME MESHING GODS that have created this MARVELOUS set .... i'm almost speechless .... it's absolutely breathtaking .....

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whytewolfsangel ~aka just plain ol' traci~
Webmaster and Creator at SED Sims
Field Researcher
#92 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:03 PM
Wow!this is...wow
Test Subject
#93 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:09 PM
This is just breathtaking...There is really no words to express the beauty of this project...

Thank you so much for all the work you have done in doing this...
Ice Princess
#94 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:09 PM
Oh that is just marvelous!! Nice work all!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#95 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:06 PM
To the Dream Team:

Excellent work! I've added it as a "Featured Item Set" on the front page - let me know if you want me to use a different thumbnail for it though

Regards,
Delphy
Test Subject
#96 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:19 PM
I've tried all the sugestions to download. I even restarted my computer, but it just doesn't want me to download this set. Well I'll just have to wait untill I'm home and hopefully I will be able to download the sets.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:23 PM
Oh my......it's like Christmas...
Test Subject
#98 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:27 PM
Did you ever find time to sleep ?
Very high quality stuff. Give yourselfs a pat on the back.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:27 PM
Again and Again great fantastic and and..............
i lost my words.
Test Subject
#100 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:27 PM
holy.......crap......

awsome
Page 4 of 61