Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Swim Around in Pools

by Teknikah Posted 5th Jan 2020 at 11:33 PM - Updated 3rd Aug 2022 at 8:27 PM by Teknikah : Edit description

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lolnyny
The last update seem to have broken it for me. I haven't tested much, all I know is I wanted to play a mermaid and they couldn't rout to swim in the ocean no matter what they acted like something was in their way, and removing this mod solved it.

I had exactly the same
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teknikah
Thanks for the report, I'll look into it when I can

*Got it working - will upload new file

Your mod is very helpful. And wonderful.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisi345
I had exactly the same

This has been fixed. Please update with the newest mod version
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 10:10 PM
I can't say "Thank you" enough! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 4:38 PM
Thank you for this amazing mod! Is it still working with patch 1.69? Thanks so much once again!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luvs2Read
Thank you for this amazing mod! Is it still working with patch 1.69? Thanks so much once again!

I'm sorry I'm not sure.
My PC died on me and I can't yet transfer my mod data from my old hard drive so I'm not playing Sims at the moment. You can test it for me if you wouldn't mind
I'll be updating all my stuff once I get all my files back
Field Researcher
#32 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 4:34 PM
Is it compatible with Ikavelle's Realistic Swimming mod?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justpass11
Is it compatible with Ikavelle's Realistic Swimming mod?

I'm sorry I don't know, I've never heard of that and I can't find it when I quickly Googled for it.
You can try it and see.
I haven't actually edited the core function of pools - I've just added an interaction to it so hopefully it's alright
Field Researcher
#34 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 8:43 AM
I'm sorry I don't know, I've never heard of that and I can't find it when I quickly Googled for it.
You can try it and see.
I haven't actually edited the core function of pools - I've just added an interaction to it so hopefully it's alright

The mod is here https://ilkavelle.wixsite.com/simsq...listic-swimming.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justpass11
The mod is here https://ilkavelle.wixsite.com/simsq...listic-swimming.

I've had a quick look at the page
From how I assume it works it will probably be okay to use my mod and theirs. Though I don't think it's 100% compatible, as you might not get the new effects from Realistic Swimming when using my "swim around" option.

Perhaps let the creator of Realistic Swimming know about this mod and ask if they can make a patch? As I don't know what they added/altered for me to make a patch for it here. I think you can leave a message on the post without logging in or anything so I think I'll do it actually see if they can look into it for you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 4:27 PM
I came here to report a bug with this mod, just like lolnyny my sims were unable to use water/pools. But updating the mod solved it nice and neat. Thanks for updating it!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 6:25 PM
I've had a quick look at the page
From how I assume it works it will probably be okay to use my mod and theirs. Though I don't think it's 100% compatible, as you might not get the new effects from Realistic Swimming when using my "swim around" option.

Perhaps let the creator of Realistic Swimming know about this mod and ask if they can make a patch? As I don't know what they added/altered for me to make a patch for it here. I think you can leave a message on the post without logging in or anything so I think I'll do it actually see if they can look into it for you

Hi, thanks for letting me know about your mod. I checked and it' 100% compatible, no need to change anything, not in my mod, not in yours of course, using my mod will cause that your interaction can also make Sims drown for which I do not take further responsibility
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IlkaVelle
Hi, thanks for letting me know about your mod. I checked and it' 100% compatible, no need to change anything, not in my mod, not in yours of course, using my mod will cause that your interaction can also make Sims drown for which I do not take further responsibility

Thanks that's great! I'll be sure to link to your mod in the recommended section on this file
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 1:41 AM
Thanks for this! Is it working with patch 1.70 update? Thanks again!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luvs2Read
Thanks for this! Is it working with patch 1.70 update? Thanks again!

I think so, I've been playing a bit and I used it with no issues
Forum Resident
#41 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 6:20 PM
I think so, I've been playing a bit and I used it with no issues

Glad to hear that!

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Instructor
THANKS POST
#42 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 4:39 PM Last edited by tipoual : 5th Feb 2021 at 6:16 PM.
Hi! I had the same problem. When I saw that the sims did not go swim, cannot access to water I checked my mods and saw this one. So I came in this post and saw the update. Thank you for updating it, now it works!

*Tested with Ikavelle swim mod???? Working !
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 30th May 2021 at 3:35 AM
Thanks very much for this! Is it by any chance still compatible with patch 1.75? Thanks so much once again!
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisi345
Your mod is very helpful. And wonderful.

I also think the same, and I hope there will be an update soon, as I really want to go back to using this Mod. (=^_^=)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Valquiria
I also think the same, and I hope there will be an update soon, as I really want to go back to using this Mod. (=^_^=)

I've just tested in game and my sim successfully swims around in the pool with no issues.

Please can you tell me what problems you're having that would warrant an update?
Scholar
#46 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 7:33 PM
I've just tested in game and my sim successfully swims around in the pool with no issues.

Please can you tell me what problems you're having that would warrant an update?

I think people wonder sometimes if it's safe to use mods, because a lot of creators leave and stop updating, so it's hard to know if a mod is safe unless you know how to go into the code and look for yourself.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#47 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 7:52 PM
Hi, I have no idea about the mod so I'm asking, is it possible to create one like this for Sims 3?
Thanks in advance.
Page 2 of 2