Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
#76 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
It seems to be that you just can't fail in this challenge. Why? I see this like a cometition for the worst building ever. Sooo. If you fail, that means that your building is not so bad. Is that itself bad that your building is not bad? No. If the house is not bad it means just it's good. And every participant actually win in this competition.

So if you still lose, why did you lose? As usual it's just about the judges subjective preference.

It's ehy there is such a problem selecting art for an exhibition. It's completely up to people selecting the art to judge. Or as one art critique said, If you already have a name, you can be accepted.
Advertisement
Theorist
#77 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
So if you still lose, why did you lose? As usual it's just about the judges subjective preference.

It's ehy there is such a problem selecting art for an exhibition. It's completely up to people selecting the art to judge. Or as one art critique said, If you already have a name, you can be accepted.

Does it bothers you if you win or lose? Can you answer the question why do you participate here?
I am also CAD engeneer as you but it seems we have completely different views at life. Most of all I can't understand your suffering because you gives too much sense to game. And mess a bit that you make for human is completly different product from those you are making for sims dolls.

... and then there's the humor. Laughing of people's honest attempts is not my sence of humor. It was probably the costumer coming in a the very last, and the architect had to do his best to be paid. I instead suffer with the architect. It's painful to watch.

All this pain you spread here is actual for real life planning and job. The game is space for relax from job, do what you want, for creativity. If you are not enjoy you will become tired and that's just makes you feel unhappy.
To be honest, my attempt here has not great diligence. That's why probably I shall not sad too much if I lose.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 11:45 PM
It's a typical mts competition where everyone can take part, even your dog, and if you have no skills it doesn't matter, you can just make a silly story and it's all fine.

I can't do that. It's impossible to not do my best. So I will lose just because I'm to much of a petimeter. That's fine though, I didn't say I delivered my contribution. I just showed you the pictures.

tbh i'd be pretty impressed i a dog ever posted a contest entry on MTS
Building skill and being off topic are two different things though. Well-building something you deem ugly is a challenge in itself and it takes some skill to nail it in my opinion

Anyway as Victor said, I think most of us are in for the fun and creative boost rather than the fame and glory
dodgy builder
#79 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 4:22 AM
Does it bothers you if you win or lose? Can you answer the question why do you participate here?
I am also CAD engeneer as you but it seems we have completely different views at life. Most of all I can't understand your suffering because you gives too much sense to game. And mess a bit that you make for human is completly different product from those you are making for sims dolls.

All this pain you spread here is actual for real life planning and job. The game is space for relax from job, do what you want, for creativity. If you are not enjoy you will become tired and that's just makes you feel unhappy.
To be honest, my attempt here has not great diligence. That's why probably I shall not sad too much if I lose.

I have just decided that this competition is not for me, so it's fine. It was just a rant. This game is not something I do for fun. It's a creative outlet for me. I haven't been working in the industry. I go to school. Creativity is deadly serious to me. I play civ6 to have fun frankly, so there you are. People are different. I've only had boring shop assistant jobs.
Theorist
#80 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 5:08 AM
I have just decided that this competition is not for me, so it's fine. It was just a rant. This game is not something I do for fun. It's a creative outlet for me. I haven't been working in the industry. I go to school. Creativity is deadly serious to me. I play civ6 to have fun frankly, so there you are. People are different. I've only had boring shop assistant jobs.

Oh dang it. You said about creative outlet, and i just found it's for me also.
I am sorry for talk too personally. Hope i will not hurt you in any part of my speech. I want you to stay in competition, and wish you and me a good luck ^__-
Vic

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
dodgy builder
#81 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 12:55 PM
Oh dang it. You said about creative outlet, and i just found it's for me also.
I am sorry for talk too personally. Hope i will not hurt you in any part of my speech. I want you to stay in competition, and wish you and me a good luck ^__-
Vic

No, that's fine.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 4:58 PM
I entered this with a build I had to "borrow" from my Jankowskys in my BACC challenge and it was actually built 160 years before the term McMansion was even invented though that build would've fallen to city planning if it was build 160 years later than it's actual date of contstruction and it only got by because many early settlers made hat kind of mistake in their first attempts at building their homes.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 11:26 PM
When will you announce the winners?
Mad Poster
#84 Old 28th Feb 2020 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crdroxxpl
When will you announce the winners?

In post #70...she says, "We will be announcing the winners on Saturday the 29th of February and hopefully handing out the stickers following that."

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#85 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 9:17 PM
So we conferred over the week and have to say that you've all outdone yourselves, so this was a really really tough call!

We have decided on the following winners:

Most Monstrous: @sadbanana

Castle Calamity: @watts459

Basic Beige: @vandra

I C U P: @CatherineTCJD

Phil Special Services Award: @Spiderses

Brutalism: @Monsieur_Oshima

Roof-Tiler's Terror: @mccorade

The stickers will be winging it to you over the week (the sticker elves went on strike) ! Seriously though, thanks for taking part, everyone! This is the kind of messy, random fun that we love here!
Mad Poster
#86 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 9:38 PM
YAY!!! Oh, what fun (and now maybe Lexi will put up some curtains!) LOL!
Congrats everyone - I really enjoyed grimacing with all ya'll

and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 9:33 AM
Oh, wow, thanks! Congrats to the other winners!
Field Researcher
#88 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 6:19 PM
wow, i honestly did not expect to be among the winners! not many people picked a modernist style though. Congrats everyone!
Test Subject
#89 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 9:43 PM
Congrats to everybody!
#90 Old 3rd Mar 2020 at 7:40 AM
Well done to everyone!
Theorist
#91 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 6:48 AM
Will Mini McMansion category winner be announced later?

Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#92 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 11:31 AM
Will Mini McMansion category winner be announced later?

I don't think anyone attempted the Mini Mcmansion category so it's just been disregarded
Mad Poster
#93 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 6:01 AM
It was fun taking a badly built home from my BACC and showing off my homesteading settlers making their novice mistake building their home.
Theorist
#94 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
I don't think anyone attempted the Mini Mcmansion category so it's just been disregarded

Hmm. My mini house was fer those category but... since I was just one and only there, this victory don't worth sticker and it became too easy to win here LoL.

Thanks everyone. That was interesting to follow this thread and see through many monstrous houses @CatherineTCJD congrats you presonally! I counted on your victory and you won here! This house design is... let's call it great.

Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#95 Old 9th Mar 2020 at 9:19 PM
Congrats on the winning Monster McMansions.
Mad Poster
#96 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 9:15 PM
Are the sticker elves still on strike?
c(_) - Here's a cup of hot cocoa to help...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Page 4 of 4