Replies: 137 (Who?), Viewed: 21065 times.
Page 6 of 6
Instructor
#126 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 5:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
Why can't I homeschool the kid? The school is closed. The whole stupid argument about socialization just can't be made. I'd pay for it.
Aren't teachers obliged to conduct remote teaching?
Alchemist
#127 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 7:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtek
Aren't teachers obliged to conduct remote teaching?

I think parents have to do it here.
So many whiners on Facebook complaining they can't.

I did it for my son from middle through high school. I was once "a weirdo" but now it's cool to homeschool because big gov't said so.
Now these parents are superheroes.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#128 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 7:51 PM
After universities and schools have been closed since 12 March in Poland, teachers are obliged to teach remotely. In practice the "teaching" involves a "read this and do this" approach with no proper introduction or explanation of new material and parents have to spend more time than usual teaching their kids.
Scholar
#129 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 10:53 PM
Never even mind all the parents who have to work at home and are expected to teach their children. I do not envy them. A colleague of mine is a single parent with three school-aged children. She says she does most of her work at night. I don't think she sleeps much.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#130 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 1:26 AM
why do DeviantArt feel the need to change the whole site?
i mean i'm SO against it since we are forced to use the new version called eclipse by the next month and i don't like that version and neither do most people there :/
do someone have explainations for this the reason why they wanna change it?
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 2:35 AM
Yeah, the teaching aspect is weird. On the bright side, the AP tests this year will be open book and only 45 minutes with no limits on the amount of kids who can get 5s, so hopefully it'll be easier this year lol.
Mad Poster
#132 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 2:38 AM
I don't have an account at DeviantArt, but the current outlay that's been there the past year or so is quite horrible. I went over there to search for something, but the search function barely worked at all, and the site looked a mess (could've been a browser issue, but I don't know). I liked it better the way it looked maybe 3 or so years ago, when the site actually worked...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#133 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 10:57 AM
ah i see, i already maked an petition since i'm so against the eclipse

i made mine: http://chng.it/4mJQkTtY
and there's a simulair one in the other link

http://chng.it/4Hc2p6gq8S okay maybe it's just me but i dislike the eclipse version very much :/
Scholar
#134 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 1:08 PM
Are household cleaning wipes (like the dettol ones) actually good for cleaning? They've always been every where and I was just wondering of they do what they say they do cos really ads are just ads. Cos like the only reason we have them now is cos of what's going on right now. We still use and feel that a bowl of soapy water mixed with bleach and using a cloth is more effective for wiping down stuff.
Scholar
#135 Old 28th May 2020 at 5:27 PM
Why do random snippets of songs sometimes get stuck in our head?
Mad Poster
#136 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 3:04 AM
Is it me or does the freeway speed limits in New Jersey keep going faster and faster? People already do 80 mph on 80.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Scholar
#137 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 5:40 PM
The way people drive has changed. People see speed limits as a suggestion so they're more likely to ignore it. The main road near me has a limit of 50kmh but more often than not peole go at around 70kmh
Instructor
#138 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 8:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa1500
The way people drive has changed. People see speed limits as a suggestion so they're more likely to ignore it. The main road near me has a limit of 50kmh but more often than not peole go at around 70kmh
Nothing new, I'm afraid.
Page 6 of 6