Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom objects placeable on OFB displays and shelves *UPD 22APR*

by Numenor Posted 7th Mar 2006 at 9:29 PM - Updated 22nd Apr 2006 at 8:41 PM by Numenor : Included support for Windkeeper's "Placement on locked tiles" hack

322 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 315 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 13
Field Researcher
#101 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 4:35 PM
thank you so much..i needed this..great job!
Instructor
#102 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 4:57 PM
This is well needed. Many Thanks for doing this. Your the Best.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 5:26 PM
Thankyou so much. Now, we can have so many different shops!

In memory of my sister who died suddenly on 25th April,2005. Mum and I love you, hun, and we miss you so much. xx
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 5:26 PM
I'm sorry you asked for a link but I dont know how to do that. the rag dolls are on TSR under sets objects page 6.
the bunny bears i am not sure where they are i think its here on this site somewhere I'm sorry its been sooo long since i d/l them. at any rate if you could look at the dolls that would be great those are the ones i truly wanted to get on there if i cant get the bunny bears at least i can get the teddy bears. again thanks for getting back to me.
Test Subject
#105 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 5:45 PM
V. nice
Test Subject
#106 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 6:16 PM
Numenor,

Thank you for the response. The issue was with existing stock. I removed all existing stock back into inventory and replaced on the shelves, still using "More" version and all is working fine now. Thank you again. :wave:
Instructor
#107 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 6:59 PM
I'm extremely surprised that Maxis have not send talent scouts your way. If I own Maxis, that's one of the first thing I'd do. To quote old Tina herself, "You're simply the best". Molto grazie.

Elen síla lumenn’omentielvo
A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 8:13 PM
Wow! Thanks Numerator! I am definatley downloading now!

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 8:56 PM

Big,big thanks, for this beautiful works :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:

Please excuses my bad english. I translate your language with Google
Test Subject
#110 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:18 PM
bless you.

*mwah*
Test Subject
#111 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:29 PM
I know it's been said--but I love you. Seriously.
Test Subject
#112 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:46 PM
Me too!!

Numenor...I love you. This was driving me potty, you saved a shred of my sanity :bow:

Ta very muchly *mwah*
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 10:19 PM
Oh I really do try not to add to bandwidth by posting extra thank you notes, but:

thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

This has been driving me absolutely batty. I've been collecting custom content for shops for months and than I couldn't use it properly (I don't know what's with Maxis, but I hope you *don't* go work there. They'd probably mess up everything you do, or not give you time/resources to do it. I'm sure that's what they do to their programmers.)

I'm with a couple of others, I don't usually use global hacks but this one is a must have and I am sooooo grateful.

Quote:
You can be me when I'm gone...
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 12:26 AM
I must have this hack Thank you Numenor for excellent hack
Inventor
#115 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 12:46 AM
:valentine You are amazing, Numenor! :valentine

Thank you very much

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
Field Researcher
#116 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 1:04 AM
Thankyou Numenor. This is a must have hack!

I've already dedicated my first-born to you... so it looks like having a numenorean-named family. <evil grin>

Kiri

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Test Subject
#117 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 1:33 AM
Can you make an hack were you can put custom cars on the display for cars
Test Subject
#118 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 3:03 AM
a couple of observations

1)aparently the customers are suddenly starting lower in their "want to buy" bobs with the "More" version of the hack when I dont put up a full tray of 6 items on each shelf, reguarless but if I use the "Less" version of the hack everyone is suddenly happyer with shelves that are full to their "design limit" so watch it with not filling shelves useing the "More" version(you might want to put a bunch of full shelves somplace out of the way if you do use that hack)

2) Putting 6 very large items on a shelf just look freaky Especialy when you have them pointing in diferent directions.

3) you can use thoes stacking cube things to make one of thoes unstable looking stacks of furnature with this!

Overall, 9.9 out of 10 for this one.
Test Subject
#119 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 3:12 AM
you are a god.

the first thing i noticed with OfB was the whole shelves thing. and it crushed me.

thank you so much <3
Test Subject
#120 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 3:21 AM
I downloaded the 'more' version and also had the problem with the restock sign appearing in the corner of the lot.
I created the business and set up all the items after downloading this hack, but the shelves were already on the lot. The restock signs would show on the shelves untill I tried to restock one item, then that item wouldn't show up and all the restock signs would vanish to the corner of the lot.
When I tried to restock from those signs, which were all placed on top of each other, the items didn't show up.
It seems only the custom items had that problem because I could still restock the maxis flower vases normally.
I love the hack, though - my flower shop looks excellent with full shelves!
Instructor
#121 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 5:25 AM
Hi Numenor,

Came back to report 2 problems, 1) with custom items not appearing when you click on restock signs.
2) I've got an R2D2 electronic robot toy from simslice. When I place that items on shelf, I get a CTD. Once I place it on floor by itself the game starts working fine again.

Otherwise it works great!!! Thank you again for this. You're a champ.

Elen síla lumenn’omentielvo
A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting.
Field Researcher
#122 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
My hack solves a completely different problem, i.e. the Maxis shop shelves that can't host custom objects. The shelves you point out are custom shelves, and therefore they already can host custom objects (but not as many as the Maxis shelves...)

Right. I've been looking for custom wall shelves to host Maxis objects, mainly urns. I'd like to build mausoleums but I don't want to have to fill the rooms with tables to host all the urns. I figure you if anyone could manage something but I didn't want to bother you if you weren't working on something similar already.

❌✖️❌✖️❌ Boycott SPs for TS4. EA is squeezing pennies from us without giving us content with substance. Show them you expect more! ❌✖️❌✖️❌
Test Subject
#123 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cati
I downloaded the 'more' version and also had the problem with the restock sign appearing in the corner of the lot.
I created the business and set up all the items after downloading this hack, but the shelves were already on the lot. The restock signs would show on the shelves untill I tried to restock one item,

Cati,

I'm not sure if this helps you or not but the problem I had was with any item I made prior to installing the hack. I had to delete all the made items in my managers inventory and remake the items before the restock problem went away. I hope this helps.
Field Researcher
#124 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 7:57 AM
it's briliant...!!!...how did you...?...what...?...i'm really speachless...it is awesome indeed...thanks a lot numeror...!!!...this is wonderful...!! :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#125 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by celebkiriedhel
I've already dedicated my first-born to you... so it looks like having a numenorean-named family. <evil grin>

Are you kidding? You really named your son "Numenor"? Oh, poor baby!
It's a great honour for me, anyway... No one has ever done such a thing!

Quote: Originally posted by elmos_911
Can you make an hack were you can put custom cars on the display for cars

The car display is really interesting... But it seems to have only 1 slot (i.e. it can host only 1 object); I should make a separate clone... Who knows? Sooner or later...

Quote: Originally posted by Drakenred
aparently the customers are suddenly starting lower in their "want to buy" bobs with the "More" version of the hack when I dont put up a full tray of 6 items on each shelf, reguarless but if I use the "Less" version of the hack everyone is suddenly happyer with shelves that are full to their "design limit" so watch it with not filling shelves useing the "More" version(you might want to put a bunch of full shelves somplace out of the way if you do use that hack)

That's interesting... I knew that the customers were annoyed by the restock signs, but I didn't imagine that a neatly-arranged shelf (though not completely filled up) was considered a bad thing...
I don't want to make my hack more invasive, though; therefore, let's say that this is to be considered a negative side effect of my hack.
As for placing 6 large objects on 1 shelf, I'm thinking of modify the "more" hack to prevent that.

Quote: Originally posted by Luthien
Came back to report 2 problems, 1) with custom items not appearing when you click on restock signs.
2) I've got an R2D2 electronic robot toy from simslice. When I place that items on shelf, I get a CTD. Once I place it on floor by itself the game starts working fine again.

I didn't know of this problem; you mean that some custom items are not restocked correctly? As for the robot you mention (but this applies to all the custom content), I can't be sure that *all* the objects work with my hack. I can check specific items by request, but you have to provide me the object (if this doesn't infring a copyright); otherwils, you just have to ask to the creators if they can fix it: my hack is fairly simple to understand for any object creator.

Quote: Originally posted by keineeier3
I've been looking for custom wall shelves to host Maxis objects, mainly urns.

The urns are quite strange objects, because they change shape when placed on tables or on the ground. Custom shelves, usually, are cloned from tables, so I guessed that there was no problem to place an urn on custom shelves... I'll investigate that.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 5 of 13