Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ep ready: Monastic Mountain set (6 pieces) Recolourable

by Brasstex Posted 5th Apr 2005 at 6:59 PM - Updated 26th Apr 2005 at 1:58 AM by Brasstex : added a detail snapshot

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Forum Resident
#26 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 4:29 PM
Okay, off to google snake scales, lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 4:39 PM
Hey I have an awesome texture I made for photoshop for snake scales it's like a bumpmap, you want it?

Brasstex
Forum Resident
#28 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 5:00 PM
sure, zip it up and pop it over. You never know it might be the one magic texture that solves all my woes, lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 5:20 PM
I keep getting bumped, and I can't upload an attachment. Oh well, you can probably do just as good yourself, but you might have trouble getting much detail on the dragon anyway, so it's fine if you just want to use my original texture.

Brasstex
Forum Resident
#30 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 5:47 PM
I found a good snakeskin texture on a poser site. It's pink, lol...but my graphics program fixes that nicely. Here's a shot of a very slight shine in gold on a green-yellow base with your original to compare. I'm doing a blue-green base and a slightly stronger shine next.
I can't handle this fixing stuff phase! I'm kidding, really...

Here's a pic
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#31 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 6:13 PM
Looking good dewshine :D

Also brasstex how did you get your centaur/sim??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 6:15 PM
I made him.

Brasstex
Forum Resident
#33 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 6:22 PM Last edited by dewshine : 7th Apr 2005 at 8:20 PM.
Well I've tried the blue-green and didn't like it, so I went with a green, slightly lighter than the original with a golden sheen. I think it looks right "shiney" (sorry it's a Firefly-ism...)
Dayshot:
Enhanced nightshot:

I'll do red, gold (because Chinese dragons look cool in gold), and any other colors people want. I'll likely start a "Misc. Brassex Mesh recolors" thread...
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 9:32 PM
Nice work (but i have some problem to see picture) // Boat is include in the rar files?// I saw the centor too. It's strange???

(sorry for my english...)
Forum Resident
#35 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 9:55 PM
Wow nice love these...I can hardly waite to recolor and play the Sims2 again...Thank you for these too....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 10:29 PM Last edited by Brasstex : 7th Apr 2005 at 10:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simfred2
Nice work (but i have some problem to see picture) // Boat is include in the rar files?// I saw the centor too. It's strange???

(sorry for my english...)

EDIT: I can view attachments now, so you who've had problems should be able to as well. It may be temporary but let's hope it lasts!

Hi Simfred2, The boat is NOT included in the .rar file.

Brasstex

Anglesims2, remember, your recolours WON'T work for anyone if you don't link back to the original here.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 2:44 AM
I have posted the following pieces:
Here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...3660#post353660
Any additional colors wanted? feel free to ask.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Brasstex
I'm suprised you could see that, that guy keeps wanting to get his picture taken! One of the many oddities roaming around on the island of Dr. Brasstex. (would you believe this guy's married to a mermaid?)

Brasstex

Where. where? I wanna see...BTW, awesome job!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 11:09 PM
Oh my goodness, this is magnificent work! *downloading and praying my connection doesn't die whilst doing so*
Will test and let you know if there are any problems in the game.
Thank You!
Alchemist
#40 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 1:13 AM
Wow, wow, and wow! Gorgeous! Thank you Brasstex for making these fantastic objects. Thank you Dewshine for color enabling them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiLSexyStarGyal
Where. where? I wanna see...BTW, awesome job!

I took the pic down. it was just a test pic to see if anyone could view the attachment. This thread had fallen victim to the site downtime and at one time none of the uploads were working, but they should be now.

Brasstex
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 2:28 PM
Brasstex, these are amazing!
I have a question for you, can you upload that monistary?
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:35 AM
Aww, man!!! Oh, well! Thanks anyway!
-Rachel
Field Researcher
#44 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 12:35 PM
O boy!! you are just making pieces for the game, unbelievalbe, some buildings will be more realistic now ,thank you!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:26 PM
W
O
W

W
O
W

How Could I Miss This Stuff ?!?!

Thanks So Much For Sharing The Objects Are Awesome ... Thanks ...
Test Subject
#46 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 7:05 PM
thanks, i love asian achitecture
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 6:26 PM
Very nice. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to get them in my game.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#48 Old 20th May 2005 at 12:06 PM
wow, brasstex, you've really outdone yourself... again
these look great, thank you!
Test Subject
#49 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 9:42 AM
Dewshine---
Well don! They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your hard work.
#50 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 1:29 PM
Cool! I just have to trye it
Page 2 of 3