Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ascension V2 - more colors (and recolorable)

by Targa Posted 17th Oct 2005 at 6:19 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2005 at 6:26 PM by Targa

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 10:07 AM
nice, thank from olland
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 6:20 AM
(Your invisible Ascension for a Rainbow trick.)
I'm back to creating a Land of Oz for Wicked_poppies' new characters.
(Btw I had some great luck with your Ascension stairs within my castle and another one, thanks to your very fine work.)

And now, with your invisible version, I can see a "Rainbow bridge" effect over to the Oz areas, bridging-over a washed-out land bridge that's surrounded by water. (Already have all of that mechanical stuff done, except for a big beautiful "rainbow" to finish the Oz side of it, you know.)

Thank you, very much!

... Jim ...
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 4:22 AM
Something like a secret-passage box or cylinder to hide them?
Since your Ascension stairs are like 360 degrees, for access, then maybe something like a non-contact mesh that totally surrounds and hides them, but still allows for complete access, might be a pretty nice idea?

I surrounded one with four standard walls and then I added a hidden half-doorway, but that's only good for one side, it seems?

So for something completely unique to Sims2, AFAIK, is there a wall-panel that simply changes the wall's property to non-contact, without effecting the wall's color, of course?

(Also, if this special panel makes a section of wall completely "solid", with no drop-down, then your ascension magic would be nicely hidden from the player.)

Then a sim might seem to be using a secret-passage, through the wall to your stairs?

(Don't mind me, I'm always madly pursuing the "impossible".)

... Jim ...
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 3:28 AM
great for my basement where stairs cant go!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 6:22 PM
omg this is much better than invisible stairs this looks really coool like star trek teleport thing or something lol thanks

Love and Light
I love making my sims dance LOL
my name is Ange76prkr view my youtube uploads
http://www.youtube.com
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by P!x!3Dust
I've been wanting "Spiral" stairs like were in Sims1. This is close, but I still want some "spirals". Has anyone made any? Maybe there are some "hidden" and "forgotton" by Maxis, that someone more savvy than I could find?

They have spiral stairs on apartment life

Love and Light
I love making my sims dance LOL
my name is Ange76prkr view my youtube uploads
http://www.youtube.com
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 4:04 PM
thanks needed these for my wizards house :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#58 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 3:48 AM
After years of using the originals, I'm embarrassed to write that I never saw these. The more recolors the better. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 2nd May 2013 at 10:23 PM
now my elevators will be better than ever.....100000000000000000000 thanks from me...
THANKS POST
#60 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 2:43 AM
I love this site you Guys and gals do great work keep it up.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 4:35 AM
VERY Glad this item is still here... I recently decided to revisit my Sims2 games and remembered this item from several years ago when I was a ravenous Sims2 player. This was always a super practical must-have in all my sims homes. Brilliant work, and many years of appreciation for it. :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:50 PM
Thank you ! :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#63 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 5:05 AM
I use the invisible one a lot in my scifi hood. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 3:33 AM
thanks
Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 2:18 AM
Hi ! This is a great idea !!! Do you know how I can convert it for Sims 3 in a not too difficult way ?
Thanks !!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#66 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:21 PM
These pair perfectly with the All-in-One NPC to hide a phantom cleaner in my attic with minimal disruption to the sims living inside Bravo, and thanks for the invisible!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#67 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 2:34 AM
These are an absolute must for any multi level sim home! First thing I do in any new lot is get rid of the stairs (unless they are architecturally beautiful) and replace them with Targa Ascension pads. If I don't want to see them, I recolor them to be transparent. A MAJOR drawback to TS3 and TS4 is that there is nothing like these! Thank you for saving my sims from HOURS of climbing and descending stairs!!
Page 3 of 3