Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bodybuilder mesh, or Beosboxboy by Ju - UPDATED 27-08-05: FIXED FILES

by marvine Posted 27th Jul 2005 at 4:03 PM - Updated 23rd Aug 2005 at 8:40 PM by marvine

308 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 301 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 13
Field Researcher
#26 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marvine
Wirelessguy, I'm really sorry for that, and I'm working on it, but I won't post updates for this until I'm honestly satisfied of the results... What bugs me most is that people have already made so many things (maybe not as many as you did :D), and a new uv-map will reduce their efforts to nothing...

No need to be sorry Marvine, I enjoyed those two weeks as I tend to enjoy challenges and when you do post updates, I'll be just as happy to update everything I've done for your wonderful mesh.

*big hugs and cuddles*

wirelessguy

When I'm all alone and blue as can be, dream a little dream of me.
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 10:12 AM Last edited by marvine : 29th Jul 2005 at 1:10 PM.
Makentass, thank you for your post, and sparing me the pain of figuring an answer in my limited English! *big smooch*

Anyway, users need to be aware that this mesh is a challenge and a work in progress, and will be updated each time I find a way to improve it - and I hope I will. :D

Wirelessguy, Beosboxboy sent me pics of your pants recolours... Wonderful job, I simply love it!
You probably noticed that, despite what I told before, I improved a little the top uv-map - I hope it'll make your work easier.
*big big big hugs*
Field Researcher
#28 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 12:10 PM
Billy...
Right click it to unzip the folder and then it should work! To get an unzipper I think you go to Winzip.com. I just searched on google for mine!
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 1:01 PM
I think the mesh is great. Now my athletic male sims look athletic, well, until they go to work, lol. But still, it's great to have a little added variety.

Any chance of the mesh being made for teens and elders?
Forum Resident
#30 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 4:39 PM Last edited by Mutantbunny : 29th Jul 2005 at 4:49 PM.
Marvine, help?

I have tries to figure this out for myself but right now I am just so confused trying to remember all the file names...

My goal: to have the NOT-a-barbie skin tones (the originals from the adult section) but without the 'excited' version when the poor guy gets into the shower (a NOT excited verison would be perfect.)

But since the skins are linked to the meshes, how do I accomlish this. Will the NOT-excited mesh work with the original skin files?

I don't know which files to leave in and which files to take out.

Another question I have is I have a few wirelessguy and BBB clothing files--will they link up with your mesh files here--or are the names changed and they won't link up? They don't appear to be named the same but maybe the external name doesn't matter any more...?

Please lead me out of my confusion.
Test Subject
#31 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 2:19 PM
That's cool. Great job!
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 4:38 PM
Mutantbunny, I'm PMing you about your issue - as for Wirelessguy's and Beosboxboy's clothing, it is linked to my mesh here.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 5:12 PM
Hi... first of all, let me say that you did an amazing job. He looks great!!! And second... I'm having a little problem. Everything shows up ok in my game, except for the underwear... I keep getting a default Maxis thing instead of the underwear in your pics... can you tell me why is that? Thanks!!!

My Sim Page at The Exchange

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

I'm thinking of changing my signature but I have no imagination
Instructor
#34 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 8:02 AM
Wilhelmina - it sounds like you are missing a mesh
Field Researcher
#35 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 9:31 AM
I downloaded and put in my downloads folder each and everyone of the meshes you uploaded... and the only one that's not showing is the underwear... I double-checked just now and it's still not showing. Can you please tell me the name of the underwear mesh? Thanks!!!

My Sim Page at The Exchange

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

I'm thinking of changing my signature but I have no imagination
Forum Resident
#36 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 9:53 PM
Marvine,

you probably know this already, but just in case it's just me for some reason:

I am having a small gap appear between top and bottom clothing. I tried to extend the texture image just in case it was that--but it didn't improve it.

I still love this guy :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 8:14 AM
Thank you Mutantbunny, in fact i noticed that myself ; the latest update should correct that, but i'll check again.

Anyway, a major update is coming, so maybe it's not the right time to redownload things.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 6:34 PM Last edited by jinyc : 1st Aug 2005 at 6:40 PM.
I went on a mad search for all of Wirelessguy's and BBB's fab fashions. Thank God for The Gay Sims Club! Everything you always wanted (and then some) is right there.

And thank you Great Gods Wirelessguy and BBB, I am now the proud master (or mistress...whatever) of PHP files. So cool!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jinyc
And thank you Great Gods Wirelessguy and BBB, I am now the proud master (or mistress...whatever) of PHP files. So cool!

PHP files? Beosboxboy did write a solution so you could get the package file instead of a php file, if that option did show up. I believe its located in the computer help section of GSC2.

Cheers,

wirelessguy

When I'm all alone and blue as can be, dream a little dream of me.
Test Subject
#40 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 9:22 PM
I downloaded this and is it a skintone?
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 1:15 AM
:bump: UPDATE!

The neck shape was improved to better match the body, and the uv-map was corrected to make recolours easier.

Bye all, I'm away from this computer for a month! :D
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:55 PM
Absolutely amazing. I have not posted before but I had to post to this one, you did such an awesome job! :clap:

My husband and I are both gym buffs- now I can make him simified

Thank you!
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:59 PM
Cool mesh! Now I can make the govener of California in his younger days. :bump:
Test Subject
#44 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 9:06 PM
can create a zip file to? i want that mesh!!
Forum Resident
#45 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 9:15 PM Last edited by Mutantbunny : 2nd Aug 2005 at 9:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by marvine
Thank you Mutantbunny, in fact i noticed that myself ; the latest update should correct that, but i'll check again.

Anyway, a major update is coming, so maybe it's not the right time to redownload things.

Major.... tell us more!

Batte: to ask for a zip when a .rar is what is offered isn't a good idea. Haven't the creators done enough for us? And maybe what they have is the program to create .rars, not zips. Why should they have to change their stuff cuz you want it? No logical reason. A good idea is to go find WinRAR a free utility that will allow you to unzip the .rar which, BTW, in this case is well worth the effort to go get the WinRar.
Test Subject
#46 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 9:53 PM
I tried downloading him an he the mesh wont show up in the game. The mesh is there, in custom skins, but no matter which clothes i use(like the ones that say ju_beos-sim clothes or whatever it says) it still wont show up in my game. Have i done something wrong?
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 11:11 PM
Mutantbunny, I'm sorry but I'm going to disappoint you... :D
The improved neck was the major update, because it's been bugging me since the beginning, and I had to remake all the meshes.

Cooldew, the mesh must go in your downloads folder, but not in a subfolder, and neither the clothing or the skintones - I think that's the problem here.
Test Subject
#48 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mutantbunny
Major.... tell us more!

Batte: to ask for a zip when a .rar is what is offered isn't a good idea. Haven't the creators done enough for us? And maybe what they have is the program to create .rars, not zips. Why should they have to change their stuff cuz you want it? No logical reason. A good idea is to go find WinRAR a free utility that will allow you to unzip the .rar which, BTW, in this case is well worth the effort to go get the WinRar.

The difference is the zip is supported by any Windows XP platform by default. No extra program is needed to create or unzip them. And WinRAR isn't a free program- It's meant to be used for only 40 days, then paid for, but nobody does anyways.
#49 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:44 PM
I have the same problem as wilhelmina. Can someone tell me what should I do? My bodybuilder's underwear looks just like a default maxis wear. What should I do Marvine?
Forum Resident
#50 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Couchie
The difference is the zip is supported by any Windows XP platform by default. No extra program is needed to create or unzip them. And WinRAR isn't a free program- It's meant to be used for only 40 days, then paid for, but nobody does anyways.

then dont download winrar. There are other rar extractors. They barely take up any space on your computer. And obviously the people that complain about it dont care about computer space anyways if they are downloading files for the sims seeing as most of them are much bigger then downloading a program for rar files. Its good to have both. And not everyone has windows XP. It may be popular but not everyone has it. rar files take up less space anyways. Its good for the website.

I like this mesh! And that is saying a lot because muscels really freak me out
Page 2 of 13