Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval NPC Replacements: Commoners

by sunni9676 Posted 26th Mar 2010 at 9:22 PM

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 3:42 AM
these are great :3
do you know if there is any way to make replacements like these for your townies?
Banned
#27 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 1:02 PM
great but can you put the clothes from the wicher set on MTS.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 3:26 PM
Wow these are awesome! Thank you!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 2:59 PM
What I great idea! Why don't I ever have such ideas?
Great job!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Field Researcher
#30 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 6:42 PM
I guess it's my game. I tried it with a clean newly generated Sims 2 folder and the maid showed up with the right mesh, but a nude skin texture! The royal servants had similar problems.

Darn
Instructor
#31 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 1:55 AM
I love this set. I've been waiting for something like this for years. Thank you so much for taking the time to make this and share it.

On that note this download is worthy of a featured or picked download in my humble opinion.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Test Subject
#32 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 6:16 PM
I love these replacements, but I have a small problem. The teen female clerk outfit somehow overwrites the ofb apron mesh, making some of my other recolors mess up. Is this avoidable or maybe from something else in my game? I have all eps and stuff packs.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 2:43 PM
Needed this! Thank you!
Test Subject
#34 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 11:43 AM
I love these. I have a victorian neighborehood however and I'm looking for a victorian version of this. However until then these are amazing
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th Apr 2010 at 1:54 AM
TY!!

Exactly what I needed to finish up my Medieval Hood.
Test Subject
#36 Old 29th May 2010 at 6:12 PM
I'm haveing a problem with the female clerks. They are naked. Their skin goes out on the lower part of the arms and legs the same way their outfit would. But you can see their buttcheeks, breasts and their more private parts. The male clerks, and the once that deliver mail and newpaper work fine though,it's a female that deliver mail, and she looks fine, so only female clerks I 've found so far, that isn't correct.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 29th May 2010 at 9:08 PM
Flamme - You state that the mesh of the female clerk shows up, but not the correct texture. Which texture is showing up for this character - is it the game green apron/yellow shirt or some other texture? Second, are you certain you have the female clerk apparel texture in your downloads folder? It is possible you have another apparel that also references her outfit. Without knowing more I can't diagnose the problem.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Test Subject
#38 Old 30th May 2010 at 11:26 AM Last edited by Flamme : 30th May 2010 at 12:18 PM.
It got the same mesh that it's supposed to be, same as the picture show for female clerks on this site, only the texture is wrong. I don't have any other mods affecting any NPC's at all, exept for mrs crumbelbutton.

Edit: I found the files and even though they looked ok to me I decied to reinstall them. Compairing before and aftr it showed I had now got one new file, so I loaded ip the game again and now the femal clerk is showing correctly. So I guess somethign jsut went wrong with the first installation, but atleast now my problem is fixed
Scholar
#39 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:33 PM
This is FANTASTIC. Thanks so much sunni!!!
Test Subject
#40 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:06 AM
Can you do this for a victorian hood? Or maybe make a tutorial? I really really want custom npc *_*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 1:11 PM
Sanasun - Please refer to my Blank NPC Templates for Basegame for creating your own themed NPCs.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Test Subject
#42 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 9:46 AM
Oooh thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#43 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 6:37 AM
You have no idea how long I have been waiting for something like this!! Everything I've ever done in the Sims has been medieval and doing anything outside of their own lots was well you know :/ But now <squeee> my npc's aren't running around in odd clothing. thank you Thank you thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 10:10 AM
these are lovely! however, the female guard replacement shows up wrong, which is probably because i have a default replacement for one of the maxis meshes that you used. which one is it, so i can delete it. thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 2:55 PM
mionenoelle - The female 'guard' wears the police uniform. If she is not showing up correctly you may have another default replacement for this outfit in your game.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 12:24 AM
it's the replacement for afbodyshortdressboots, the one of the leopard skin thing. i've deleted it and the guard uniform looks okay now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 7:43 AM
Very nice work, this is perfect because they maintain the status difference. thanks!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 9:17 AM
Sunni, I need your help. The butler and mail carrier are not showing up properly. (Possibly others.) In order to problem solve I removed everything except your npc replacements. In the downloads folder I had a subfolder called npc, and inside that I had the peasant Mrs Crumplebottom in 1 folder, and in another I had the replacements (packages, hat removals, apparel, etc.) for commoners, uni, bon voyage and tavern (red). I think that's all your npc replacements. I was careful to not have duplicates, like 2 waiters from different sets.
So I'm thinking if there is a conflict, it's one of your sets not working with each other, or it's my expansions or stuff packs. I have all expansions and stuff packs including holiday.
Also, I did have inteen, and there is one part that goes in a res file, package B I think, that I didn't take out. I also had some extra words written in a stair file that I pasted in to make some stairs work. I don't think either of those would conflict but I'm mentioning them just in case.
So do you have any idea why it isn't working?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#49 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 11:08 AM Last edited by billielith : 4th Jul 2012 at 3:50 PM.
everything seems fabulous. This set is awesome. Thanks for all your work.
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th May 2013 at 6:58 PM
Beautiful, but any chance these could be made into non-default replacement outfits as well?
Page 2 of 3