Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 4:17 PM Last edited by +++Jean+++ : 29th Oct 2007 at 5:37 PM. Reason: here is also the file:
Default interesting problem with a lamp....any ideas?
Hi! I´m just about to mesh a new lamp with alphas and so on. Here is the texture:

and the problem is, that the part of the texture that is alpha-modded is not properly showing up in the game as soon as I try to drop it at the table. here a pic:

the lamp that is standing on the table is half unvisible, you see?

I really would appreciate it if there would be someone to help me!

Thanks a lot!

Jean
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Reflex_Christmas_Kerzenleuchter.rar (430.4 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 4:21 PM
You have to attach also the file so someone can look where is the problem.
It could be an error in the set of the TXMTs.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 9:03 PM
Jean the problem is due to the manner you made the mesh - give me a few moments and I will sort it out for you

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 9:11 PM
all right, thanks a lot! I hope it can be fixed.... I´m really nearly desperate!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 9:28 PM
again, thank for all your thought, but somehow I´ve solved the problem. I still don`t know exanctly WHAT it was, but it had got something to do with the materialdefinition. I´ve cloned a equal one from a ceiling lamp that works with all alphas and now it works! here is the pic:

but anway, if someone knows the whole reason, please tell me! ...it`s a mystery;-)

Jean
Instructor
#6 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 10:07 PM
when you are working with transparent layers a alpha of 255 is a bit crazy - usually 127 is better

Also certain settings in the mesh itself can cause issues - as the game paints the layers to the screen it may cause a "cut-out" effect that removes details from a layer behind or under it -- like in hair

I am glad you got it sorted out! That's the magic of this stuff, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, even if you know with certainty you did it right

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?