Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 9:36 AM
Default game crashing because of bed
hi, i'd like to ask some help....i recently have a floor mattress bed to serve as futon for my japanese sims...thing is the said bed causes crashes in my game, and i couldn't play my game continuously. how should i ever fix the problem in my bed?

additional help: although it might be unrelated, but, how can i increase the stats of my bed too...i had trouble with it and its stats still remains too low (if it's a bit confusing on how i describe it, what i'm talking about is the needs the objects fufills for the sims i.e.: energy, comfort, etc....how can i increase it?)

sorry for the inconviniece
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 4:11 PM
Is this a bed that you made, or something that you downloaded?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Is this a bed that you made, or something that you downloaded?

i just downloaded the bed....
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 4:20 PM
If you have cc that is causing your game to crash, you need to get help from the creator of the content. If you have other issues with cc and your game, then please post in help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
If you have cc that is causing your game to crash, you need to get help from the creator of the content. If you have other issues with cc and your game, then please post in help.

uh...there's a problem with that...i just downloaded the said object on booty sims...and i think i can't exactly ask the creator directly...(i think)

anyway...thanks for the advice...
Site Helper
#6 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 3:27 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 31st Aug 2011 at 3:51 PM.
Do you know how to make the bed yourself? It's difficult to fix something unless you know how to make it from scratch.

If you don't know how to make objects, start with the simplest tutorials and work your way up to the point where you can understand how to make the bed yourself.

If you *do* know how to do it yourself, it might be easier to make it from scratch than to try to fix something that someone else has made, which is crashing for some unknown reason, although you might be able to salvage things like the mesh.

Are you sure that your computer is strong enough to handle the CC? You could probably check whether the mesh is low- or high-poly. Are you sure that you have all of the EPs and SPs that are required?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Do you know how to make the bed yourself? It's difficult to fix something unless you know how to make it from scratch.

If you don't know how to make objects, start with the simplest tutorials and work your way up to the point where you can understand how to make the bed yourself.

If you *do* know how to do it yourself, it might be easier to make it from scratch than to try to fix something that someone else has made, which is crashing for some unknown reason, although you might be able to salvage things like the mesh.

Are you sure that your computer is strong enough to handle the CC? You could probably check whether the mesh is low- or high-poly. Are you sure that you have all of the EPs and SPs that are required?

nope...although i have some experience using 3d software (such as maya), over-all i'm not just that good at it. i don't have any software that i could actually use right now...could you advice some...if it's okay?

yup...my computer can handle as much as many cc (i think i have at least a thousand cc right now installed from hair, to clothes. to objects, etc.) and yes all the required ep are all installed in my computer. although there is this recurring problem that my computer goes blue screen at random instances....but it just usually happens if the workload of the computer is too heavy for it to handle (i.e. if the sims 2 and many internet windows are all opened at the same time...which i usually do..)

edit: well, it doesn't actually mean i did it all the time. usually when i only play the sims 2, and without an open internet window, my game goes smoothly, but when i installed the said bed that's when my game started crashing.
Site Helper
#8 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 3:58 PM
Start with the beginner tutorials in the wiki and at MTS. They will suggest software that you can use.