Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Peggy Hair recolours - hairband removed

by schuldig_seiben Posted 16th Aug 2006 at 10:39 PM - Updated 22nd Apr 2008 at 10:42 PM by schuldig_seiben

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 10:25 PM
Thanks very much for the tips, guys. I'm a fresh convert from photobucket, which has rather small image size limits, to ImagShack, so I got carried away I liked the image quality of .bmps and .pngs, but I underestimated their size

True, Liegen, I could just do that...hmm...what can I say? I'm a pic-spammer by nature and that habit is hard to break Besides, I had already uploaded them o show elsewhere, so I thought I might as well ^___^

cerisedrea, of course! I was going to try that one anyway - I love darker browns. *adds dark brown to request list*
Test Subject
#27 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 10:33 PM
Thanks schul ! They're just gorgeous : i was waiting for those !!!!!

Who ? Me ?!?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 10:33 PM
I can't seem to find these in bodyshop and CAS. i have the mesh as I have them in game and Liegens recolours but I can't find these. No matter where i look (been through hair colours and custom hair bins) I'm gonna redownload and try again though -kirsty

My sim stories
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 10:58 PM
I dont like all of the peggy blondes but I meant other shades of blonde Like the peggy hair had a few shades of blonde.

Dont forget to thank, it makes people feel better to know that you appreciate their hard work :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 11:23 PM
Sure, kirst6pe, I'll try, but I usually only do that ash blond shade. I'm not sure how to do other blonds and I have had issues with peggy's yellow for a long time, I didn't mean to poke fun at you

tiababy - they worked for me and a friend, and no one else has mentioned this problem. Maybe there was a problem with the download? Are you sure you extracted the file? Other than that I'm not sure what to say They're each in their own colour bin with 2 in red, and silver is in custom.
Test Subject
#31 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 12:52 AM
You're work is amazing. Thank you for sharing. You made my day!
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 1:24 AM
Great I really was wanted this hairstyle with out the hairband, thanks.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 1:54 AM
looks great! i love the black one

visit my sims2 site: http://lliella.com
:::everyday fashion for your sims:::
Theorist
#34 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 3:04 AM
Thanks for more wonderful hair. My sims will look wonderful with these styles.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 3:51 AM
Brilliant. I loved this hair mesh alot and I was tired of trying to match the clothes i want with the hairbands. Now I can dress them anyway I want. Awesome, thanks for sharing

Quote:
If it's just us, it seems like an awful waste of space
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 8:11 AM
Great job Schuldig!
Test Subject
#37 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 8:27 AM
Wow, It became sooo much better without the hairband. Are you sure that you name isnt Peggy ? xD
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 8:28 AM
sry, YOUR name
Test Subject
#39 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 11:31 AM
Thank you! This looks muuuuch better without hairbands
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 2:48 PM
Love your work! Peggy makes wonderful meshes, and her talent is undeniable, but sometimes my taste is colors clashes with hers. I guess I'm more of a classic colors kind of girl.
Anyway, I do have one question. Your white hair, is that available for all ages and not just elders? If not, is there anyway you could make it available for all ages? I do have one family with white hair and I've been looking for new styles for my little girls.
Thanks to you, and to Peggy, too! :D

Wait... WHAT?!?!?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 3:33 PM
Thanks everyone ^____^

Auronapern, that silver is already available for all ages. I guess my model looks like an elder but she's an adult Maybe the attached picture is more flattering :P

Field Researcher
#42 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 3:38 PM
These are not color binned.

I downloaded these and also the colors at Peggy's along with the mesh. All of the ones with the hairbands are color binned. All of the ones without the bands are in the custom section.

I like your reds much, much better than Peggy's. I would also like to have dark brown once they show up in the color bin properly. I like Peggy's dark brown but would like to have one similar without the headband. The textures you have are lovely.

Thanks.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#43 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 12:14 AM
Thanks Schul. Beautiful job as always with the texture and colors. :D

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Scholar
#44 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 12:50 PM
AMAZING!!!!! really good. a little request here: any chance of doing a 'scene' version? Like blonde hair with a dyed black undercoat...?i think it would look really good. thanks xx
Test Subject
#45 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 5:25 PM
Thank you Schu! They are so pretty I have come out of hiding for you (again). Why do you insist on de-lurkifying me? Huh?

The colours are much more subtle now and they are more versatile without the headband, so yay! Models v.v. pretty too, especially the first one and the last one with white hair. Thank you very much!

Love from Moose
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 9:30 AM Last edited by Xianah : 21st Aug 2006 at 9:36 AM.
They don't show up as colour-binned for me either. All of your recolours show up in the custom section.

Also, not to be a party-pooper but I always thought that Peggy didn't allow recolours of her textures, but I assume you got permission
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 10:33 AM Last edited by schuldig_seiben : 22nd Jan 2007 at 11:03 PM.
Hmm. The colour binning oddly worked for me, even though I didn't do it myself, so I thought it must be working ok - I'll try and (get my friend to ) do it again. Thanks for letting me know ^___^

{edit} And yes, I have permission, with the email to prove it
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 4:27 PM
Thanks! I really loved this hair and it looks even more pretty without the hairband! Spectacular work!

-I Hate being obvious. All fangs and "grrr"! Takes the mystery out. Spike "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"
Field Researcher
#49 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 4:38 AM
Yay!!!! Thank you so much for removing the headband. I love this hairstyle but that headband was killing me.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 12:45 PM
Thank you so much for these. I love the original mesh with the bands, but love this version even more :d. sorry peggy!

"By perseverance, the snail reached The Ark"- Charles Haddon Spurgeon
~*~MORE SIMS ON THE WAY SOON. WATCH THIS SPACE~*~
Page 2 of 3