Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 10:20 PM
Number of meshes and textures are different
sometimes when i make a custom object, the number of meshes in the gmdc doesn't match up to the number of textures there are and 1 texture file often contains the texturing for more than 1 of the meshes. how do i import and export the meshes from wings3d and UVmapper so that the meshes are correct but the textures still work? If that makes any sense lol

PS i would upload the file but my computer is acting strange at the moment and i dont think it would help much anyway.

PPS i hope this thread is in the right section (i read the guidelines but im still kinda confused). anyway, if its not, im sorry
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 2:21 AM
Quote:
1 texture file often contains the texturing for more than 1 of the meshes
In such packages, TXMTs corresponding to different subsets refer to the same TXTR.
If you want to keep it so, you'll still uvwmap each subset separately, but make sure that mapped areas don't overlap (i.e. create a 'mapping template' bitmap and use it as background when uvwmapping).
If you want to 'split' textures, you can uvwmap subsets independently; clone-rename-FixTGI TXTR resource, import textures for each subsets to separate TXTRs, and make sure that TXMTs for each subset refers to proper TXTR.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 5:06 PM
thanks Jasana but im still confused (lol i know im dumb) on how TXMTs match to each GMDC when there are 3 GMDC resources and 2 TXMTs. where do the TXMts refer to the GMDCs? thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 6:04 PM
All that cross-referring seems to happen in the Shape resources.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 8:51 PM
thankyou! that seems to have worked now that i know what bit to edit. now onto texturing :D