Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] BaseGameStarter Pro v.1.5b (Archived)

by Numenor Posted 27th Nov 2005 at 9:05 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:23 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
563 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 562 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 23
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#26 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 7:00 AM
Ooooh the possibilities.... what a perfect program! Thank you very much Numenor

Retired from Simming
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 7:06 AM
wow this is genious! thanks :D:D:D

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#28 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 7:13 AM
Awesome!

I stopped using the old (manual) version after it did some seriously funky things to one of my nightlife neighbourhoods, but this version looks much cleaner and easier to use. It'll help no end when I have to start compatibility testing stuff again. Thank you very, very much!
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 8:12 AM
OK, first I admit that I am trying to run the game off of an image (my disks being at my cousins, and I always play off of image files even when my disks _are_ here)

Secondly I am getting errors during startup - some are reported in the little black screen and some by windows (it _claims_ it writes a text file for reporting but I can't find it - of course I don't let it send it so maybe it isn't actually creating one - I'll try again and see if letting it send the report lets me get my hands on a copy) But, in anycase, here are screen dumps of what I'm being told

Ah, finally got hold of an error file (sending didn't help, but looking while it was threatening to send did).
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  c2bb_appcompat.txt (5.8 KB, 1 downloads)

Private Sim @ Mod The Sims 2
Merlin's Nemesis @ The Sims 2 Workshop
Madame Mim @ More Awesome Than You (and in the newsgroups)
My Project To Geneticise Enayla's Skins
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 8:24 AM
Lovely Upload, ^^
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 10:24 AM
OMG I LOVE YOU! WILL TEST ASAP, THANKS FOREVER LOL (sorry for the caps i got a bit over excited)

You will find my older and newest creations here
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 10:38 AM
PrivateSim - The "errors" you see in the black DOS windows are a normal consequence of the BaseGame batch. They are not considered "errors" and therefore no error report (as TXT file) is generate: that's why you can't find it

The other two windows are not generated by the BaseGameStarter: the game itself complains about a mismatch version: you probably installed the game from the original CDs, and are now running the game - with a different version - from the image.
Run the game from the original CD, or at least try to get an image of your original CD in order to correctly run the BaseGameStarter games.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 11:32 AM
Hey Numenor

It opens up a bit strange and the mouse doesn't work in scrolling the screen to one side or another (you know, when you get the arrows) and it's not very comfy to use because of that, but as a testing and pure building tool, it's about perfect.. The only thing I've got to try is loading up some walls so I can build with a bit more freedom in that environment.

Thank you so much

Vashti
Field Researcher
#34 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 11:43 AM
i dont really need this download. But I know this will become a vital tool to testers and such. wow... what a kick ass idea!!! thanks!!

Visit designit botan the new site and new url! no really... its new new!!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 11:43 AM
Vashti, when you create an additional test game (onlyEP, Up2Ep or basegame), the installer copies the entire "config" folder from your Full game into the new test game; therefore, all your settings should be identical in the various games.

But if you find that some settings were not "transferred", then you can set them in the game control panel: the mouse scrolling the window can be set in the game panel.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#36 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
PrivateSimRun the game from the original CD, or at least try to get an image of your original CD in order to correctly run the BaseGameStarter games.

Thankyou. I will get my disks back and try with them. It's a pity, because I wanted to do this _now_

Thanks for the great tool. I am looking forward to actually trying it out.

Private Sim @ Mod The Sims 2
Merlin's Nemesis @ The Sims 2 Workshop
Madame Mim @ More Awesome Than You (and in the newsgroups)
My Project To Geneticise Enayla's Skins
Theorist
#37 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 12:59 PM
I must look into this! I was thinking last night I am fed up with how the last 2 eps have made my game buggy..maybe I'd uninstall them...this might be the thing I am looking for!
Thanks.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 1:01 PM
Uhm, just to make sure I've got this right... if I already have some EPs which work properly, and then install a new one which causes problems - I can use this tool to tell the game it shall do as if the latest EP had never been installed and all the problems that came with it will not occur anymore? And then, when I have solutions for the problems, I can go on playing WITH the latest EP again? (there's what I want to say: I'd like to have Pets, but after all I've read so far I'm afraid it could kill my whole game ^^" and that's why I don't dare to install the EP, because in this case I'd have to delete ALL and then re-install and what if my backup files don't work then... so if this tool does what I *think* it does, it would probably be the greatest invention ever!!!)

However, everytime I get to see some of your work, I'm stunned - what you're doing for the Sims is amazing, there's things I've never thought they'd even be possible! If my Sims would pray before they go to sleep, I'm sure they'd pray to you *gotta build a shrine* ^^
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 1:58 PM
lol, sounds interesting, but I'm going to stick with what I already have =/
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 2:33 PM
YoYo-sama - Keep in mind that your "Full" game (i.e. the one you usually play) is not affected in any way by the GameBaseStarter; if you select a game excluding the last installed EP, you will get a new, clean game, you are not "downgrading" your Full game.

The games created with the different options of the installer are all autonomous one another (the only exception is that the "OlnlyEP" and the "Up2EP" share the same folder, and therefore the same neighborhoods, etc.).

There is no way to "temporarily downgrade" your full game; you can only uninstall the last EP, but you will lose your neighborhoods.

Forum Resident
#41 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 2:40 PM
:lovestruc Numenor, will you marry me?

Subtle In Spades
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 3:26 PM
I... ehm... still have the Sims1 installed in my PC. My heart skipped a beat when I was about to hit the "Delete" button

Awww. That's cute!

It's nice to know our local god has a soft heart. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Forum Resident
#43 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 9:08 PM
This's cool!!
Test Subject
#44 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 1:52 AM
It's amazing that you have such skill. But whats the point in this? Who want's to do it
Test Subject
#45 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 3:07 AM
I say we elect you king, RIGHT NOW. D'ya know why I love this so much? Creators with expansions installed can make Base Game compatible stuff, which means I can spend less time drooling over objects I can't have and more time actually using them. I love you.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 3:40 AM
A very big thankyou for your time and effort Numenor.

This will save me alot of headache, I usualy test on an old computer which can just bearly run the Sims but it is a pain in the rear end swapping files over, saving them to disk etc. I didn't realy want to go down the second user account road.

I have been playing around with it and as yet it is working well on my system, once again thank you very much.

Don't forget the cheese.......
Forum Resident
#47 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 4:39 AM
wow cool tool!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 7:07 AM
Vashti, when you create an additional test game (onlyEP, Up2Ep or basegame), the installer copies the entire "config" folder from your Full game into the new test game; therefore, all your settings should be identical in the various games.

But if you find that some settings were not "transferred", then you can set them in the game control panel: the mouse scrolling the window can be set in the game panel.

Hey Numenor, they didn't transfer but the lovely Christine from Parsimonious explained how to fix it.. All good now..

Kath
Instructor
#49 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 7:20 AM
This will i try out :D

Unauthorized incoming post!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 10:01 AM
I'm not a modder or a house builder or anything but I downloaded this because I'm having a bit of an issue and before using BaseGameStarter, I wante to ask something. I recently installed Pets but I'm having some problems with it because
a) It doesn't open
b) I'm incapable of uninstalling it, even after following simsample's Uninstall/Install article. I didn't follow it 100% because I don't want to uninstall The Sims 2, only Pets, because I'm doing a project that involves The Sims 2 and I don't have my four cds here in order to be able to reinstall.
Thus, my idea was to download this and use it to work on The Sims 2. I Just wanted to ask, when I open "Start BaseGame", will I have all my families and neighbourhoods and downloads, etc. there and, if not, is there a way I could?
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 23