Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SimPE - Latest version 0.75f

by Quaxi Posted 19th Nov 2004 at 2:26 AM - Updated 18th Jul 2019 at 4:00 PM by Tashiketh

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
353 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 344 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 15
#51 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 1:41 AM
aww, it doesn't work for me..
Instructor
Original Poster
#52 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 3:42 AM
@Elfykins:
There are frequent Updates to SimPe, please visit http://sims.ambertation.de to get the latest Version.

@xxantdaman19xx:
You need WinRAR to extract the rar File

@all having Problems to start SimPe:
you need .NET 1.1 installed in order to run SimPe!!
Space Pony
#53 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 10:21 AM
Aloha

I just update SimPE to v 0.12. I was following the energypc tutorial on your SimPE web site but I have run into a problem. I am able to do all of the tutorial until I get to the part about changing the Pie Menu Functions. When I choose Pie Menu Functions I get a screen that says "Interaction Table Function Editor" I can add & change things but I can not locate commit. So, no matter what I do I can't get the new pie menu function to work - it just never shows up. Is the commit hidden somewhere - I am just blind in missing it?

Thanks,
Morague

ps - this "Interaction Table Function Editor" is labeled differently that what is showing in the tutorial, although I suspect it's just because of the update. In any event, please, can you tell me where the commit is?
Test Subject
#54 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 3:40 PM
I downloaded it, now where do I extract it to????? Gonna love it I know!!!
#55 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 12:14 AM
EEP!!! it works now!!!! it's so awesome!!! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#56 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 3:18 PM
@mrscoleypage:
Anywhere you want. Just create a Folder called SimPE somewhere and extract it there.

@Morague:
What Screen Resolution do you have? The Commit Button should be in the lower right Corner of the Plugin View.
Space Pony
#57 Old 6th Dec 2004 at 9:02 PM
Thanks Quaxi

I was using 800 x 600 but when i change it to 1024 x 768 I can now see the Commit button. Thank you! Sorry - I should have thought about that before I wrote - I did click the scroll bar but it doesn't go down far enough to make the Commit button visible in 800 x 600
#58 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 3:28 PM
Is it possible to add a function to max all of a given sim's relationships? This would be GREAT for those sims with, like, 80 known sims! Thanks!
Test Subject
#59 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 7:17 PM
Ok I got SimPE yesterday and I started experimenting with it. I had never used it before and i was scared I was ognna mess up my game but I backed up my files anywaysssss the reason why i am writting this is because I revived all these people right? but when I teleport them I can only have just a few that WILL ACTUALLY appear and be played with. I asked Gunther Goth to move in and before he did a box popped up asking me who else would move in with Gunther and the box of every NPC and Townie popped up I asked for Michael Bachelor. Darlee Dreamer, and some other Goth family people, and they all moved in except they wouldn't show only Gunther and Victor Goth showed. I removed all the "I am dead" tokens and everything but I also noticed that there are multiple copies of some people like Darleen Dreamer and Michael Bachelor (2 look the same and one look a bit different with a black shirt) Any idea of what's going on????
#60 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 7:35 PM
I don't understand how to make it work. I didn't have a download-folder, but it said on a site that you just create a new folder and so in the 'thesims2'folder. so I just extracted it to like all folders in 'thesims2'folders =P... but I don't know how to make it work or if it even works.
#61 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 11:32 PM
I had to do a security upgrade to the Framework 1.1 for it to work.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 8th Dec 2004 at 11:19 PM
Am I missing something here? I have the latest version of SimPe, and I still do not see what was shown in the screen shot where the memories are! Is there anyway to add new memories? because I don't have this option :/ *Gets confused*
Instructor
Original Poster
#63 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 1:38 PM
But you can see the Neighborhood/Memory Plugin?
Test Subject
#64 Old 10th Dec 2004 at 10:28 PM
i cant pen the program its shows me a eroor:
Instructor
Original Poster
#65 Old 10th Dec 2004 at 10:41 PM
.NET Framework is missing
Test Subject
#66 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 1:22 AM
Okay i just need the basics how do I tell where to find lifo and txtr files how do i recognise them and how do I extract all txtr files and all lifo files just need these basic steps
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 5:12 PM
It's not a complaint, it's actual curiosity: Why is .NET Framework that important? Does it improve the SimPE in any way?
#68 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 7:12 PM
:confused: I downloaded SimPe, and when I try to unzip it, a box pops up and says:
The WinZIP Wizard cannot open this file; it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading it again. If you want to add the file to an archive, first create or open the archive, then drop the file again.

Another thing... After i download it and click open file, it opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Can someone please help me?
Instructor
Original Poster
#69 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 3:38 PM
@silverstarpink:
Please look through the Tools and Tutorial Forums, there are plenty Instructions how to fulfill several Tasks

@DiscoSamurai:
.NET is basically a set of libraries used by SimPE, without .NET SimPE won't run. I choose c# to develop SimPe, because I like the c# concept AND more important you can get a totally free development Environment for the Framework.

@xxstxphxx: WinZIP can't handle .rar Files, you need the WinRAR trial or any free decompression Program that can handle rar Files.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 6:37 PM
Maybe you can answer this question..I purchase Sim Enhancer, used it loved it. download and installed SimPE 10. used it loved. Now Sim Ehnancer will not work ... it will not accept any saves. Could the SimPE have scuttled SimEnhancer? Tabby'sGranHag
Field Researcher
#71 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 9:21 PM
Okay, dumb question.... I have a sim whose original custom skin was deleted, making her skin revert to the default flesh tone. Will this program make it possible to alter her skin and import a new skin texture for her?
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 2:34 AM
I can see the hood plugin, now I can see the words "Unknown" and sometimes "Invisible" and sometimes the name of my sims, but other then that......nothing
Instructor
Original Poster
#73 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 2:48 AM
@tabbysgranhag:
No, there are a lot People that have both Programs installed and they don interfer with each other!

@yangn:
The Sim Surgery Plugin can do this

@Elfykins:
Pleas make sure that the Paths in "Extra->Option" point to the correct Location.
Test Subject
#74 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 10:02 AM
I cant find net 1.1 anywere on microsoft. The only ting I finds are at lots of packages... But I want the net 1.1. Any idea where I can find it??? Please
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#75 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 10:23 AM
A search on google for ".NET Framework 1.1" reveals the top link as:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15