Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#76 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:29 PM
Christ people. It's the first screen shot of a game not even due out until 09. If you don't like it stick to TS2 and be happy. That's a first screen shot and not even an official one at that.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:31 PM
Firstly, I'm a she, not a he. Secondly, I posted the pics then gave the link too. I don't think it's neccessary to start an argument about who posts what and in which thread. People usually read and post in the most active threads and crossover of information is bound to happen anyway. So, I beg you, try to enjoy the first pics of Sims3 without bickering.
#78 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:31 PM
Um, nooo
YOU said my name in your comment.
Unless you just talk about the word Faith a lot.

I am talking about coco's link. And anyway, don't tell me to relax, that;s like one of the ruder things to say to someone.

And you also said not to pretend like we know everything about this new game.
Meaning like that's how I was acting.
I wasn't.

And I can sigh all I bloody well please and I'd ask you in the future not to comment on my respiratory sounds. Kay? Kay.
Scholar
#79 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:31 PM
I think it looks pretty wicked if you ask me Kenny!

Faith, you can't make respiratory sounds by typing on your keyboard

You're acting as if you're the only one that can post links around here. I only said relax because you seem to be having a hissy fit right now and that is too bad considering this all just speculation about a game not yet released. Relaxing would provide ease in your replies to me without being snotty.

Here's where you misunderstood:

I was referring to the pictures croco posted. Not his links. I asked earlier for someone to post those pics because I couldnt acess the link.

So regardless of you posting anything an 'hour' ago. That was irrelevant to me.

Now, the cookies are in the corner if Crocobaura hasn't eaten them all.
Have some!
Alchemist
#80 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:34 PM
here's the story for anyone who can't access the 1up site

Consider this: The Sims franchise is the best-selling PC series in the world. Yes, bigger than games with the WarCraft name. Stack it up against console games, and The Sims' global sales are second only to titles that bear Mario's moniker. Yet many gamers still seem to associate The Sims with its dollhouse parts -- clothing packs, furniture exchanges, MySpace pages with soap-opera movies -- forgetting that there's an intricate game there, too. With The Sims 3 (teased yesterday), Sims Studio head Rod Humble and his team are trying to bring that aspect back to the front.

The biggest change to The Sims 3 is that it takes place in a wide-open, constantly changing neighborhood -- a much bigger sandbox, if you will, and a much more complex simulation. The town and park you see on the cover image to the right (click to enlarge) exist in the same seamless space as your Sims' household, and what you do outside your home now matters as much as what you do within. (Yes, previous expansion packs added out-and-about activities, but they were always separate sub-games. Here, everything's completely integrated.) The game also sees a major shift in how Sims' motives are handled: Individual meters indicating bladder and sleep-deprivation levels are replaced by a new system of discrete moods, the aim being to get players off the treadmill of fulfilling primal eat-sleep-pee-repeat requirements so they can focus more on, well, going out on the brand new town.

There are tons more changes, too, some big, some small, all detailed in the exclusive 12-page preview in the April/May issue of Games for Windows: The Official Magazine, showing up in subscribers' mailboxes today and on newsstands shortly after. Inside, you'll find an exploration the Sims' new, open hometown; a full explanation of the new gameplay mechanics, including the radically revamped character-creation system; in-depth interviews with Sims Studio head Rod Humble, design director Matt Brown, and executive producer Ben Bell on the other big changes; and lots more.

Once you've had a chance to read the story, visit the 1UP forums, where you can pose your most burning Sims 3 questions to the game's developers -- we'll pick the best ones, present them to The Sims 3 team, and report back with their answers in a few weeks.

And be sure to check out our extended Sims 3 coverage through the months of March and April.
Scholar
#81 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:34 PM
Kenny you can have some cookies too. Thank you!
#82 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
I think it looks pretty wicked if you ask me Kenny!

Faith, you can't make respiratory sounds by typing on your keyboard

You're acting as if you're the only one that can post links around here. I only said relax because you seem to be having a hissy fit right now and that is too bad considering this all just speculation about a game not yet released. Relaxing would provide ease in your replies to me without being snotty.

Here's where you misunderstood:

I was referring to the pictures croco posted. Not his links. I asked earlier for someone to post those pics because I couldnt acess the link.

So regardless of you posting anything an 'hour' ago. That was irrelevant to me.

Now, the cookies are in the corner if Crocobaura hasn't eaten them all.
Have some!

Look, I was referring to his link.
I was NOT talking DIRECTLY to you.
And it really has nothing to do with you. If croco though my "sigh" was "uncalled" for, then SHE can say something, and that's fine.
But you are like...
In desperate need of a life or something if you get so offended over a sigh that had nothing to do with you.
And I didn't misunderstand you, if anything you misunderstood me. I'd appreciate if you'd stop bringing this up so I can not sit here on one thread and talk about this all day...
Scholar
#83 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:43 PM
*sigh*

Faith if anyone needs a life it's you. I mean really.. who gets pissy in a thread about a game not yet released? Your posts just scream "post in my threadzz cuz im updatin moar'

Back to the topic!!!
Field Researcher
#84 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:54 PM
i swear to god- i go to class for a few hours and i come back to this! i was searching everywhere for info and once i leave bam!

so not fair...
Field Researcher
#85 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 12:20 AM
i'm sorry if i missed it but where do we buy the magazine if we have no subscription? do you think gamestop will have it?

wow you can already tell how great a marketing strategy this is for them-i've never even heard of the mag before i need to buy it! lol

can we get back on topic though- cause your bringing everyone else down if you harp on it (the drama)...

cute cat...(akward silence)....
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 12:55 AM
I haven't read the "Everything we know" thread yet. I probably should, but I prefer individual threads for each recent major news. I suppose its good in the long run to have a handy thread for new people who aren't up to date yet.

Anyway, awesome about the site and awesome about the magazine coming out. I hope someone scans it in case I can't buy it!
#87 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by staciew1
i'm sorry if i missed it but where do we buy the magazine if we have no subscription? do you think gamestop will have it?

wow you can already tell how great a marketing strategy this is for them-i've never even heard of the mag before i need to buy it! lol

can we get back on topic though- cause your bringing everyone else down if you harp on it (the drama)...

cute cat...(akward silence)....

Again, we cannot buy it until the 18th
But people who already had subscriptions got it today
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Again, we cannot buy it until the 18th
But people who already had subscriptions got it today

I think Stacie was talking about where, not when

I'd suppose you could buy it at any major bookstore that sells magazine. In Canada, Chapters would sell it. If you don't live in Canada, sorry can't help you, heh heh.
Forum Resident
#89 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 1:01 AM
Faithlove- Your Thread may update more but i still found the pic.... *giigle* *snort*
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 1:13 AM
hmm.. Every screenshot i've seen on the The Sims 3, just looks like the Sims2 but with larger lots.

Other than the fancy plumbbob, the rest hasn't impressed me, I can't see the hype right now. :\ Right now I cannot tell the difference between Sims2 and Sims3 screenshots. :/
Forum Resident
#91 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 1:29 AM
In terms of graphics, I would have no problem if TS3 was only slightly updated from TS2 because I like the cartoonish look and feel to it. I like how they look in the pics we've seen so far. I'm more excited about the more intricate social gameplay and the advanced neighborhood interactions. How they look is barely even tertiary to me.
#92 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 1:45 AM
I hope that we can still play houses individually. i really dont wanna load the game and face like a million sims to play with
Scholar
#93 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 1:48 AM
I was thinking that you'll be able to do that, but also play the entire neighborhood as well. I posted a quote somewhere that said the neighborhood will be 'seamless' to the household. That says to me that you can play the household and also walk a few blocks to the mall or something ...
Alchemist
#94 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 2:18 AM
Faith, you are the one over reacting. Cinamun didn't even say anything bad when you claimed she was making fun of you. Go back and read it. You're being silly. Why do you care if someone uses your thread or not? You're not as important as you think and your word is not the last!
#95 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:31 AM
Again with the people having nothing to do with anything bitching at me...
Field Researcher
#96 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:37 AM
Poor croc, you bad bad person; post a link again will you?
Again she is not a he she has breast's's's,
CANT we all just get along? ah ha ha hahaha thats all folks!
Alchemist
#97 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ConradThe2nd
hmm.. Every screenshot i've seen on the The Sims 3, just looks like the Sims2 but with larger lots.

Other than the fancy plumbbob, the rest hasn't impressed me, I can't see the hype right now. :\ Right now I cannot tell the difference between Sims2 and Sims3 screenshots. :/

what part of this is an initial screen shot of a game not due to be released until next year don't some of you get?
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
I was thinking that you'll be able to do that, but also play the entire neighborhood as well. I posted a quote somewhere that said the neighborhood will be 'seamless' to the household. That says to me that you can play the household and also walk a few blocks to the mall or something ...

exactly, no loading to go to a community lot. That'll be sweet
#98 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:41 AM
that;s it
I'm out of this place

get a life, will you?
Forum Resident
#99 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:53 AM
Guys seriously... Calm down. Breathe. No reason to pop an artery.

Personally I think that it looks like yes, it will probably murder my computer, bury it and then dig it up to do it all over again, with its graphics. But it also looks cool, though I doubt that I will buy it. I don't think that it will do as well as TS2 and TS1 (personally, that is just my O.P.I.N.I.O.N. please don't eat my soul for voicing it).

Faithlove: There's no reason to get pissy about it, no reason to pull a "I'm taking my toys and going home". Its just a discussion. The world is not against you, we aren't trying to kill you in your sleep.

Now where are those cookies everyone seems to have? Or has crocobaura eaten them all?

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Field Researcher
#100 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
no loading to go to a community lot. That'll be sweet

That so far sounds like the best news yet,
sure we will see more but this will take so much time out of playing, waiting for loading screens; aaaaah, i will be glad if thats what they release in the final.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Outdated
Page 4 of 6