Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous Bed Beta Testers Needed v0.63 (updated 10/05/05)

by LizzLove Posted 7th Aug 2005 at 4:46 AM - Updated 6th Oct 2005 at 6:19 AM by LizzLove : Updated with bug fixes and added Nightlife support.

423 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 419 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 17
Instructor
#26 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:12 PM
i love it! xxx
Systemic Anomaly
#27 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsKeds
Wow! I downloaded this and tried it out. Worked great for a romance sim. She even had a house party. Instant roof-raiser it was.

Great work!
It never actually occurred to me how useful this bed might be in "livening" up a party Nice tip.
Test Subject
#28 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:49 PM
My sims are going to love this... Thanks SO Much!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:09 PM
I've been using it without University. It works pretty much as you thought it would. I've not had any glitches in terms of gaming problems. Some of the menus do not work, but you expected that would be the case. All in all, I think this is a great addition to the game and very usable without University.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:05 PM
Thx Lizzlove. Having fun with 10 beds at max advertise. Even works with Dannys hookers and workers although the maids spend more time in the beds than making them
Field Researcher
#31 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:49 PM Last edited by Ancient Sim : 7th Aug 2005 at 10:56 PM.
I've tried this in a dorm and a neighbourhood lot. No woo-hooing as yet, but that will be because I have Pescado's Romance Mod installed, so committed non-Romance Sims aren't going to play ball (which I prefer anyway, not one for infidelity!) although Sims with dead spouses also reject advances (this could be due to Pescado's mod that keeps marriage lines intact after death). Also had a male Romance Sim firmly reject the advances of an elderly Fortune female (well, she is almost dead rofl), but quite happily make advances himself to a much younger Fortune female he was better acquainted with. This poor elderly woman tried it on with everyone on the lot, both sexes, and they all rejected her! AND she has a husband at home.

Anyway ... the problem I have is that the gender preferences I am setting for the beds are being totally ignored by the Sims. Females will use male only beds and vice versa. The check is showing 1 in the right preference and 0 in the wrong ones, but they're still ignoring it. The related mods I have are the Romance Mod, TwoJeffs Casual WooHoo, crammyboy's nudist hack, the Inteeminator (latest version), Risky WooHoo in Public and your Swinger hot-tub.

The other question I have relates to the orientation-preference changes. You mention that it changes them for making-out, but what about woo-hooing? Is there a change for that as well?

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Field Researcher
#32 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:58 PM
Lizz, Tested this bed for about an hour and a half. I am thankful that you and jase439, and Eric work together on code issues. This bed is a giant step forward in true autonomous simming. It works with inteen and insim without any problems. Thank you many times over.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 8:01 PM
so i've played with it and it works like a charm!
i placed more of these beds in 1 room so more sims
can cuddle and such. it makes for an interesting sight..*lol*...

perhaps you were already having this in mind, or maybe not, but a love sofa
with this hack would also be really really REALLY Great!! :D
Test Subject
#34 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 8:24 PM
Nice work lizz
Test Subject
#35 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 9:06 PM
This is more fun to play with than the University EP was! Fantastic Job. Only thing I noticed so far is that the Debug option doesn't reflect the correct settings, however the "show currect settings" does show the correct ones.
P.S. I like the gender kite too!
#36 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 12:09 AM
I love the bed! Great job! The only problem I've managed to get consistantly is a 'jumping out of bed' bug. If one sim is sleeping and the other relaxes, there's an error message (I think the message is because I'm using testingcheatsenabled) saying "trying to push nested interaction on someone not in an 'allow nested' interaction". So I assume that means that the relaxing sim is trying to coerce the sleeping sim and being kicked away? It's just like life This in itself isn't a real problem but after the glitch it's no longer possible to get the sim who had been sleeping to relax in the bed, even when it's sold and another purchased! Bummer for them!
Systemic Anomaly
#37 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tashinator
If one sim is sleeping and the other relaxes, there's an error message (I think the message is because I'm using testingcheatsenabled) saying "trying to push nested interaction on someone not in an 'allow nested' interaction".
Lizz, this is the same error I reported in Beta 4. The log file is still in the beta forum if you need it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 2:31 AM
I want to thank everyone for letting me know about the buggies... This kind of acid test is about the only way to find them all in a reasonable time frame. This mod has hundreds of lines of new code in it, and enough complex code interactions to give a person a migraine just thinking about it So I expected a few problems. I would have been amazed (and a bit worried) if there were none.

I will try to respond to the multipule issues in single posts where I can.
Quote: Originally posted by SIMplyLisa
This is more fun to play with than the University EP was! Fantastic Job. Only thing I noticed so far is that the Debug option doesn't reflect the correct settings, however the "show currect settings" does show the correct ones.
P.S. I like the gender kite too!

Thanks Lisa, I know you have been waiting for this, glad you like it. Good catch with the debug option, missed that one, fixed the one menu but forgot the other. So much code, so little time.
Quote: Originally posted by Ancient Sim
Anyway ... the problem I have is that the gender preferences I am setting for the beds are being totally ignored by the Sims. Females will use male only beds and vice versa. The check is showing 1 in the right preference and 0 in the wrong ones, but they're still ignoring it. The related mods I have are the Romance Mod, TwoJeffs Casual WooHoo, crammyboy's nudist hack, the Inteeminator (latest version), Risky WooHoo in Public and your Swinger hot-tub.

Are you sure you have gender checking on (=1)? If that is not on the rest of the settings are ignored. Also are the sims doing more than talking when they are not the right gender?
Regardless I will run another set of tests tonite. This joining check was the last bit of code added and therefore recieved the least testing time, so time for some more testing of it. I have run this against all of the mods you have except the romace mod. That should not effect this problem.
Quote: Originally posted by Ancient Sim
The other question I have relates to the orientation-preference changes. You mention that it changes them for making-out, but what about woo-hooing? Is there a change for that as well?

Yes Makeout and woohoo change gender preferences. Only kissing does not. That was more to slow the rate down than for realism. I still cannot belived that Maxis did not have any of the bed interactions change the gender preference!!! A simple flirt does, but not Woohoo? :shakes head in disbelief:
Quote: Originally posted by tashinator
I love the bed! Great job! The only problem I've managed to get consistantly is a 'jumping out of bed' bug. If one sim is sleeping and the other relaxes, there's an error message (I think the message is because I'm using testingcheatsenabled) saying "trying to push nested interaction on someone not in an 'allow nested' interaction". So I assume that means that the relaxing sim is trying to coerce the sleeping sim and being kicked away? It's just like life This in itself isn't a real problem but after the glitch it's no longer possible to get the sim who had been sleeping to relax in the bed, even when it's sold and another purchased! Bummer for them!

Good information, thank you. I will dig into this, I should be able to check for the other sim being asleep and keep the relaxing sim from trying anything. While I rather like the realism of it, the permanent glitch is not acceptable. (Though I must agree trying an “interaction” on a sleeping partner is not always a good idea. ) I will really get digging on this one, Jase had this happen too, but I could not repeat it then, I will try some more..

One of the advantages to having sooo many people trying this out is that all the combinations are getting tried and tested. This bed being very complex there are thousands of combinations that can occur, no way for me to predict them all.

Just a note to all of those without Uni. Once I get the major problems fixed I will look at Non-Ep version. I will warn you the menus will be pretty messy, and you will have to hit "more" quite a bit. I was thinking about releasing a Non-EP version for beta at the same time, but maintaining two sets of code and fixing them both is just asking for trouble. Once I have things stable with the EP version I will redo the menu system for all of you without the EP.

Until then, for those of you brave enough, or with some SimPE skills......
All of the default settings are stored as constants and set when the bed is first placed. I labeled all of them so you should be able to tell what each setting is.
The file is in "Behaviour Constants", named "Tuning - Bed Behaviours" (0x00001006). You cannot change everything this way, but almost. Just BE CAREFUL!!! (And BE SURE TO backup THE FILE FIRST!!!) Really bad settings could cause some really strange things. If you do change them, be sure to sell the old bed and buy a new one. Otherwise the changes will not take place.

Thanks again,
Lizz
Test Subject
#39 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:31 AM
Default one person remains locked in embrace when the other leaves
When one member of a couple leaves (catch a carpool, for example) while they were embracing, the other can be left in an empty arms embrace, they remain locked in that position until someone joins them. This resets them to the relax position. If the gender or options are set to not allow someone, they can still get into the bed and talk, although it doesn't seem to go any further. I thought not allowing teens for example would prevent a teen from getting into the bed, but it doesn't. Last: when autonomous is turned on, you cannot manually initiate any actions other than stop relaxing. The last two items probably aren't bugs, but you may want to note them in the read me text. Great item other wise, had both Hermia and Juliet Capp become pregnant from the polination tech. When set to swingles bed, relationships develop extremely fast, going from strangers to 100/100 in about 5 mins.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:48 AM Last edited by Ancient Sim : 8th Aug 2005 at 4:19 AM.
I am getting the jumping out and locked arms, too. The latter always resets itself when someone else joins though, so it's not really a problem. As far as the gender situation is concerned, everything is set as it should be, but it isn't stopping males getting into the female-female bed and vice versa. I did notice that I have two settings for the males (male-male and M-M) but only one for the females. The female one has both options on the one pie-menu, but the male has one for "Yes" and a separate one for "No". Not sure if that has anything to do with it. And no, they're not doing more than talking, at least not when I have it set to the Casual WooHoo mod. That's mainly all they're doing, apart from pushing each other away! One of my Romance Sims seemed to prefer constantly inviting his father to join him for long chatting sessions, even though there were a couple of nubile Romance females wandering around on the lot. Looked rather amusing actually - a nude male laid next to a Criminal Mastermind, chatting away!

Had a funny experience tonight with this. I put one of the beds in my bordello lot (which has the woo-hoo boys & girls). Almost immediately one of the woo-hoo boys got on the bed and the lady of the house joined him. After they'd finished, I heard a familiar sound ... 10% risk and she got pregnant! I've been avoiding letting her have a baby with her live-in boyfriend because of the bordello activity, so I may have to move her out to live with her brother - she'll probably be chucked-out anyway if I turn jealousy back on when the baby's born! Incidentally, on this lot I had the bed set to "Swinger Bed" and they weren't as fussy, even got some with preferences for one sex doing it with the other, although the preferences were only slight. I have to admit I don't really understand the differences between Low-Medium-High so I'm just trying all of them in turn.

Talking of pregnancy risk, if casual woo-hoo is on, does this override the settings in TwoJeffs Casual WooHoo mod if they're set to 0%? I noticed that tuning jealousy to room only with that doesn't work with this mod, I had to use the Inseminator to turn it off lot-wide.

Oh, one last thing I noticed. In-between making-out and woo-hooing, two Sims became best friends. Although they got the icon thing in their friendship panels, neither of them got a memory for it.

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:54 AM
I've been playing with this for a while, and it's working great for me. I did very quickly have to tweak advertising and preferences, because the first thing any sim would do on entering the house was head straight for the bed. Two of one sim's (male, straight) friends showed up, and as soon as he greeted them they ignored him and went upstairs, climbed into bed together, and went for the woohoo. I had to exit to the neighborhood without saving to avoid screwing up their existing relationships!

One issue I've noticed is that with the sim couple I bought the bed for, I can select "relax" as an option for her, but not for him. I also can't have her invite him to join her once she's relaxing. I'm not sure what might be causing that...

Anyway, it's a great hack. I love it. (The waterbed animation is nice, too.) Thanks for doing all that work!
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 4:25 AM
This is another great mod. I haven't used it much yet, but I haven't noticed any serious problems.

I tried at one point to encourage a couple on this bed to be a little more active (than just relaxing), but it seemed that they were apparently only autonomous -- no "kiss", "woohoo", or other selections. only "selectable" (from inSIMenator).

I'm not complaining, it seems like a reasonable restriction for a mod that sounds pretty complex already. It might be a good reason to keep a non-autonomous bed available or to change the settings of this one to non-autonomous at times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 5:27 AM Last edited by LizzLove : 8th Aug 2005 at 3:29 PM.
A quick update on the bugs. (I should have these fixed. Coding is done but I have to test these changes out).
[Edit - To be clear I have NOT posted this yet, I need to test it out on my own for a while. I just wanted people to know which bugs I have identifed and fixed. With luck I can post a new version late on monday or early tues]

1. Fixed the debug dialog. (Problem was the debug pointed to the old dialog code.)

2. Fixed the Gender checking on auto relax when the advertising was set to Med, and Low. The checks worked when advertising was set to High, but failed when the advertising was set to Med or Low. This is now fixed. (Problem was an incomplete software revision, my bad)

3. Added in checks to prevent a sim from relaxing in a bed when another sim is sleeping in it. This should prevent the issues with forced interaction bugs.

4. Added in a check to prevent a sim from trying to force interactions on a sleeping sim. (In case you force them to relax with a sleeping sim.

Once these are tested I will tackle these next.
1. Looking into the “Locked embrace” problem when a sim leaves the bed to go to work or school.

2. Looking into preventing teens from relaxing in the bed if “Allow teens” is set to off.

Now to talk about the latest posts....

Ancient Sim, not sure what you mean about
Quote:
The female one has both options on the one pie-menu, but the male has one for "Yes" and a separate one for "No".
I looked in the pie menu code, but this does not seem like it could happen, not that I doubt you, but can you be more specific?

As for the risky woohoo settings, I use a small chance right now, but you can always turn it off. I have hooks to Inteen, so birth control works. I have not gotten started on the hooks to Casual Woohoo yet. It is going to be a lot of work to hook into it.

As to the gender preference settings....
Gender preference has to be set to on. (If you use the Gender machine to look at your sims preferences you will see the values that sim has)
A sim has to have a preference OVER the threshold for the preference check to FAIL.

Low uses 10 points of preference.
Medium is 50 points of preference
High is 100 points of preference.

Example:
Sim A is a male with a 12 point preference for females. If the setting is on Low he will not interact with a male in the bed. If it is on Medium he will, because his preference is NOT higher than the threshold.

gglibertine, A couple of things. Yup you have to watch the bed with visitors. You really have to restrict the settings unless you are willing to risk the unexpected.
I am not sure what is happening with the relax option not showing up.. What are your bed settings? What were the Motives of the sim that could not relax?
I do not want anything to prevent you from using the bed manually, but the relax test does check for a several things, some of which could shut relax off... If you can give me a bit more info I can try to check it out.

Well back to coding and testing...

Lizz
Field Researcher
#44 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LizzLove
Ancient Sim, not sure what you mean about I looked in the pie menu code, but this does not seem like it could happen, not that I doubt you, but can you be more specific?Lizz
Not sure how to explain it any better really. For females, I have a box that says Female-Female, but for males I have Male-Male and M-M. One of them gives the yes option, the other gives no. I will try downloading again as you've made a few changes. If that doesn't alter anything, I'll take a screenshot.

Incidentally, I also had a male Sim who couldn't relax, even though there was a female already on the bed. He wasn't able to use the bed again until the following morning, after he'd slept in his own bed. He didn't have the option to "join", either. Only seen it that once, though.

#45 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 10:14 AM
One more small thing- there is a "Set Preference Threshold" (with medium and high options) and a "Set preference threshold" with the low option. That's the same problem really as the M-M Allowed and the Male-Male allowed... Just a matter of slightly different wording.
#46 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 11:32 AM Last edited by BrilliantSim : 8th Aug 2005 at 11:40 AM.
It works. Thank you.
Iridescence
#47 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 12:41 PM Last edited by nurafey : 8th Aug 2005 at 12:49 PM.
*yawns* I love this bed. I stayed up WAY too late last night with my fresh into college romance sim and she had quite a bit of fun. >:)

I haven't noticed any bugs in my gameplay as of yet, the only other mods that I use are InSim, InTEEN & the no censor. I can select relaxing sims to do more with autonomous on, with no problems.

I did however, have to use the Uni Myne doors, locked for the parents, to keep everyone in their place in one house. Wasn't a problem, I have been slowly replacing with those all over my neighborhood anyway.

This has been fun. Many thank yous!

I checked out my version date & time to the one on your post and I must have the fixed up version. Just wanted to say that everything works wonderfully.

Meh.
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:38 PM Last edited by D_Malachi : 8th Aug 2005 at 5:43 PM.
Well, after testing this quite a bit- not to mention getting frustrated with sims to the point where I was half ready to reach through my monitor, grab one, and throw them farther than the eye can see (hey, they're annoying at times)- and coming up with no bugs aside from when a sim's frozen in place (easily fixed, and already noted it seems), I've come up with... nothing. It works very well, and even managed to turn half of Veronaville into enemies (with the other half), broke up numerous families, and made one romance sim very happy.

Though... I would like to request one option, mainly for use on home lots and situations where you don't want everyone and their grandmother (true story, one sim invited everyone at the house to bed, grandparents included) crowding a bed intended for... well, less than abundant activity.

So, basically the point here is (basically just as a request) to include a sort of... "limited" autonomy, or rather breaking autonomy into two groups of options. "In bed" and "out of bed." "In bed," of course, being the actions within the bed itself, that I like. It saves the player the trouble of getting both of them to do things in a bed, namely when those two happen to be townies. The second option, which was basically addressed in the second paragraph, I'm basically only asking for for use in, say... a bedroom that doesn't need 15 sims walking mindlessly towards, even if it's behind a wall or locked door. Basically, just an on/off switch for "ask to join" and "join," so sims can still DO things on their own, but without having to deal with the aforementioned "everybody and their grandmother."*

For those that basically tuned out after the first paragraph, summarized:
Bed = good, only a few bugs that are already noted.
Suggested an idea for an option in paragraph 3 that, well... sounded good at the time.

*Uh... slight point of mention for this: The autonomous summoning of others on high and medium advertising, that's basically great. On low, though, is what it would make sense with.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:41 PM
Nothing has changed with the new downloading, so here is a screenshot. I also have the two different preferences options, one being low and the other being high & medium (never remember which is which either and keep hitting the wrong one!). I can't remember which is which in the Male-Male and M-M, but one says yes and the other no. You can also see that I have no Female-Female, just F-F.

Hope this helps you work out what the problem is. As I said, they interact as they should, but they totally ignore the gender allocated to the beds. Not sure if it makes a difference, but normally when I click pie-menus and choose an option, the one I chose disappears (e.g., if it's a choice between yes & no and I choose yes, all that will be available next time I click is no). With this, all options stay available no matter what I choose.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 5:49 PM
Ancient Sim, thanks for the screen shot. That pointed me to the right place. Some of those menu options are from previous versions. When I changed them I must not have gotten them changed in all lanquages. Your windows must be set to something other than the standard English.

I have fixed this, once I get the other bugs fixed and tested I will post a new version with all the bug fixes in.

Sadly now I must go to work, be back in about 10 hours or so. ;(
With luck I can get the new version up late tonite. When I do update I will alter the title to reflect the update and the day I did it.

Lizz
Page 2 of 17