Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 11:36 PM
Default Adding Seats to a Car
Hello all, I've been working on adding the 1969 Vista Cruiser to the Sims 2, and I have a functional sedan based model in my game right now. Only problem is that the sedan only has 4 seats, the Vista Cruiser has 9. Obviously 9 passengers isn't something that can be done in this game, but I'm looking to use the minivan's armature to change my car from a 4 seater to a 6 seater.
Now for the actual question. Would it be possible to take the minivan armature and change the location of passengers in the vehicle? Id est, moving the two seats in the very back to the middle of the two benches. Additionally, can the sliding back passenger door be replaced with an opening door like the sedan, or is that not possible due to the van's armature?

I am using the GMDC Import/Export tool by SmugTomato for Blender 2.79.

Image of desired seating arrangements.

Thank you for any help in advance.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 11:50 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
To change location of the sims in the car, it may be possible by editing the slot values in the CRES.

I see! I'll look into this and see if I can figure something out with it. Thank you for the advice.