Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 6:47 AM
Default Elle Blossoms- Sim Beauty
I'm not sure that Elle is very unique enough to put up for download so I need your help on tweaking a few places here and there. I was so stupid and didn't realize to ask for advice before creating her. But oh well, I'm happy with her but I need help. So here are her photos:

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:52 PM
very nice sim,but i think she don't have very sculped face!that could be the main reason for rejection!try to change something about her face MORE!it looks like maxis face!hope it helps!regards
Instructor
#3 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:42 PM
I have to agree with tish85 here, her face, when having maxis makeup and hair etc. looks alot like just another maxis sim. Just try to...put better clothes on her, dress her up, make the face longer, eyes larger, bigger cheeks. Just something out of the ordinary that'll catch the downloaders eye.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 7:34 PM
How about now?

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 10:17 PM Last edited by vintagepksweetie : 13th Jun 2007 at 10:24 PM.
One test i always use to try to test the uniqueness of my sim is to go to the face templates part in body shop... one face says "modifiers" and one says "faces".... click the faces one... then go to the whole face section in "faces"

then go to that very first face on the top row... this is the most generic, and most similar to the "pretty" sims created without tweaking.... all the other faces are butt ugly(er) than this one.... lol

with your sim up take this slider and slide it all the way to the right, and back to the left and watch the face and how it changes....

go back and forth a few times.... if you have a well sculpted, unique face, it should be a great jump from the maxis template.... you should see the entire face take a giant morph in front of your eyes from your face to the template and back to your face..... you should see the face change a great deal, and at LEAST a little detail about every feature should shift.... even if it's slightly, and at least the main features (eyes, nose, mouth) should change in a greater degree from the template....

HystericalParoxysm has a great tip that says you should touch and move EVERY slider at least a little....

if you find that your sim isn't a far jump from the template, then try tweaking it more....

does this make sense?

It's not a guarantee on uniqueness, but i use this test to make sure i am nowhere near the maxis template.... for example, if i shift my tweaked face to the maxis face template with the slider, i may notice the nose didn't change at all, and neither did the eyes... then I play with those a little more...

also, if you sculpt you sim with no CC, to get something unique she should be a bit funny looking.... lol ..... it's my experience that really unique sims look actually pretty bad w/out content, but use the content to up play their good features..... the thing I've come up with is, when you think you cant push the slider anymore or she'll look funny, just slide it a teeeny more, try things you wouldn't think of.... don't be afraid to space eyes far apart... or maybe even too close.... don't be afraid of a smaller than normal jaw.... it is these different features that make sims unique.

hope these tips help.... don't get me wrong, she is pretty, but try new things with her face to make her unique. ^_^ :lovestruc

I am an (unloaded?) gun; false hope.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 12:13 AM
ok thank you. this should help.
Locked thread | Locked by: jones7659 Reason: do not delete-useful info