Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 11:51 PM
Default Wallpaper I made looks different in game
I hope I'm posting this in the right place

I made some wallpaper in Homecrafter, which looked fine when I made it, but it looks stretched in game and also appears to be a different colour
I used the template measurements of 256x512. I have added pics so you can see what I mean

What went wrong??

Any advice greatly appreciated

Kim

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 12:25 AM Last edited by General Oohoh : 16th Aug 2007 at 12:32 AM.
For the wallpaper your suppose to use 256x728 as told by HP here. The color might look correct to you if you place the wallpaper outside, the colors are always darker inside, so make your colors a little brighter so they'll look right.

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 8:02 AM
Ah......thankyou for that :lovestruc

Back to the drawing board then.......
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 10:31 PM
This was added into the tutorial for building walls that the General has so kindly posted a link to. If u want change it to 256x728 be sure to notate that when u share it so that Mac users don't download it.

"*** Edit: New information discovered June '06! You must first resize your walls to 256x512 before saving as a .bmp. Walls at 256x768 (or ANY other sizing except 256x512) will show as grey for Mac users, though they'll work fine for PC users. Please resize before saving so your walls work correctly for everyone."
Instructor
#5 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 6:20 AM
About the colour difference - consider opening your wall package in SimPE, opening its TXMT resource (there'll be only one of this type), and checking stdMatDiffCoef property (it's easier to do on Categorized Properties type since value is displayed there in traditional way )
If its value is 255,255,255 (complete white) or 255,255,255,255 (complete white plus alpha - no idea how alpha is supposed to work, but it's present sometimes), then all fine.
If there's a lower value - typically 204,204,204 - then game applies a bit of shading to your texture, and it would never look exactly like the image.
Locked thread | Locked by: justJones Reason: do not delete-useful info