Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Full Range Shiftable OMSPs - Closer than we've ever been!

by SilentLucidity Posted 8th Apr 2009 at 3:27 PM - Updated 11th Apr 2009 at 3:49 PM by SilentLucidity

73 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 8:43 PM
Thanks once more SilentLucidity Just to be sure...if we download these here, can we delete all other OMSPs apart from the Angled-Shiftable-Shelves-AL, ExtraAngles-BaseGame and Over-Under Ground-AL folders? Or which do we have to keep to have all possible functions and yet as few files as possible?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 9:14 AM
cleaner, at the very least you can delete all of the Standard Shiftable Shelves, since these are pretty much like those only more extensive; and since these start at floor level and go up, they have the same function as the Second Story OMSP 2 set (the white ones), so you could also delete those three blocks.

Personally, if I had to delete part of the angled shelves to save drive space, I would get rid of the angled shiftable shelves. There are a lot of them and the base game angled set can be stacked on these shelves and then shifted to whatever height you want--essentially giving you the same, and even better, access than the shiftable angled set can while taking up less space.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 12:03 PM
Thanks a lot I'll sort my files out then based on your once more excellent and extensive advice.
Instructor
#29 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 3:47 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 21st Apr 2009 at 6:30 PM.
i tryed to place the seasons jucier on these an it wouldnt go?

your counter omsp wouldnt even hold it

is there anything else that wont go on these?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 6:45 AM Last edited by SilentLucidity : 23rd Apr 2009 at 6:29 AM.
knightguy82, it doesn't surprise me that the juicer wouldn't place on these. Doesn't it have a counter top restriction in game? Small appliances will not place on these because these blocks are not 'counters'. I am surprised that the juicer wouldn't place on the Special Slot Counter OMSP and I will try to duplicate that in my game today. (*edit* I tried this last night and the juicer will place on the Special Slot Counter OMSP, which is available in this set here.)

As for other things these won't hold, yes, you will certainly run into other objects these will not hold. I did mention that in the write up. They won't hold multi-tile objects or one-tile objects that the game sees as multi-tile, like tables, some one-tile coffee tables and the small wall TV; and they won't hold some restricted placement objects (like appliances & computers). The end table set will hold end table restricted placement objects like table lamps, small electronics and some deco objects like the tray of candles.
Instructor
#31 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 1:37 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 23rd Apr 2009 at 1:54 PM.
i just tryed all the ones in that zip an it was no go or am i not doing something i should? is there a trick?

i tryed each on table an endtable

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 6:30 AM
knightguy82, the block that will hold appliances is not in this set. It is called the Special Slot Food Prep OMSP, I think, and it is in the 'Special Slot' part of the set I linked above. (*Or Click Here*) Small appliances like the juicer can only go on 'counters'--objects that the game sees as counters, with counter globals and whatnot. None of the blocks in this set are based on a counter, so they won't hold small appliances.
Instructor
#33 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 7:45 AM
i did download those lol those are the ones i tryed

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#34 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 9:15 AM
knightguy82, if you already know that the download you're talking about is from a different thread, why don't you post there instead?

Do not post in this thread again unless it's about something related to THIS download.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 10:09 AM
plasticbox, thank you, I do appreciate the intercession.

knightguy82, I think I have an idea of what might be going on and I'm going to reply in that thread, so please head on over there.
Test Subject
#36 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 2:00 AM
This is awesome! I've been trying to get my sims to execute Decorgal poses on beds for MONTHS! Thank you for finally making a way possible! Just two questions:
1.) Can these ones go on angles like the old OMSPs you made?
2.) If they can't, is it safe to download those old ones, as well?
Thank you for your time and A-FREAKING-MAZING OMSPs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 8:19 AM
catsanddogs713, these will not hold objects at an angle, but you can place your object on a Base Game Angled OMSP and stack that OMSP on one of these and shift it up to the proper height. Note that it will probably be tricky to grab the bottom block of the stack, but it is possible.

This set does not conflict with any of my other sets, so you can have them all if you like.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 8th May 2009 at 8:11 AM
This looks absolutely fabulous! I will download and try them tonight - many many thanks.
Test Subject
#39 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:50 PM
these are great. Is there any way you could possibly make an invisible recolour??? Green and purple are very rarely in my colour schemes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GoldKey
these are great. Is there any way you could possibly make an invisible recolour??? Green and purple are very rarely in my colour schemes

They already have invisible recolors. I certainly would not make you stick tacky green and purple blocks all around your sims' houses.
Instructor
#41 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 11:24 PM
Just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I love these, my recent lots are stuffed full of them and I don't know how I ever lived without them. But hey, has anyone ever had an OMSP conflict? I recently did a personal remodel of the Greenman house from Riverblossom Hills and when I went back to it, the lot kept crashing. I pulled out everything I downloaded recently and then the lot loaded but all the Shiftable OMSPs and their clutter had disappeared. So I looked at the files I has pulled out and I had gotten "2 invisible surfaces" along with Razer94's Modern Wood Office from Black PearlSims. I got rid of all that and played the Greenmans okay plus another lot that is just chock full of shiftables. I have not in any way tested this extensively and am not even sure what would cause a crash but wanted to give a heads up in case anyone else had a problem.
Scholar
#42 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 2:48 PM Last edited by BoilingOil : 9th Jul 2009 at 4:36 PM.
1st of all: Congratulations on your 1st anniversary here at MTS (I'm late, I know)

This set is really, absolutely, and without a doubt AMAZING!!!
And away went all the standard and angled shiftable shelves, even though they were pretty awesome, too!

Thank you very much for this fabulous OMSP set!

I'm just wondering, though: wouldn't the set be quite a bit smaller if the invisible recolors were included in the main files? Or is that not possible?
(ETA: On second thought, probably wouldn't make much difference. Just the number of files would be halved )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:34 AM
bubbajoe62, I have never heard of an OMSP conflict that caused a lot crash, but I suppose it is possible. Do let us know if you discover what the problem is conclusively.

BoilingOil, thank you. I didn't even notice that one year mark pass (I'm rather unobservant all the way around). And, yes, if I were to include the invisible recolors in the main package it would make the package that much bigger, so you'd have less files but larger files. If you are worried about space you could try JFade's Compressorizer. I don't think I compressed these files before uploading...
Scholar
#44 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 1:44 AM
Perhaps it would just *look* less bloaty if they were combined Compressorizing might help the size, indeed. Thanks again.
Instructor
#45 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 7:18 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get back, and it's not what I thought. Two separate issues were going on. First, the lot was just buggy as #@*! and in the course of dealing with that I had used Simlogical's Stay Things Shrub. At least for me, when I move out some sims using the Shrub, all clutter placed with the Shiftables as well as the OMSPs themselves disappear into thin air. I was able to reproduce this effect on two additional lots in a different hood. I also checked the sim's inventory to see if the items possibly showed up there and they did not.

Just an annoying non-issue unless you are a a clutter junkie.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 3:35 PM
Awesome. But can you please make it available for non-AL users like me? Since I have Mac, I don't have AL and Free-time.

Please let me know, thanks.
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 3:46 AM
Thank you SOOOO much! I have been looking all over for something like this. I can not explain how greatful I am.
Test Subject
#48 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 8:35 PM
Why are Apartment Life necessary??? What for??
I don't have it...but need THIS OMSPs collection very much.
Test Subject
#49 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 4:57 PM
Thank you very much for this awesome set! But I got one question left: How can I shift the objects which I stacked on the OMSPs to left/right? The objects are always stuck at the middle of the tile but I'd like to arrange it.
I'd be very thankful if you'd reply =)
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 4:07 PM
These are just awesome sauce! I just became a very happy girl indeed.

Zartblut, the way I would do it would be with a cheat: boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false/true. When it's set to true it allows you to ignore the grid system of the game. There's more info about it in the cheat section though.

I'm gonna pixelate the world! The WORLD I tell you!
Page 2 of 3