Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rugs - zMOG!! Off Grid!!

by HugeLunatic Posted 17th Apr 2010 at 4:49 AM - Updated 15th Jan 2022 at 9:31 PM by HugeLunatic

177 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 138 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Field Researcher
#26 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 5:22 PM
Fanfreakingtastic! Thank you!
Instructor
#27 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 5:21 PM
One million thank you's.

Question, you have only (oh oh) made the rugs possible to put anyway we want, and not bothered with the MG-rug right? It still need that rugfix?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 5:55 PM
thanks so much for this :] both of these things really used to annoy me lol
Field Researcher
#29 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 6:35 PM
I don't think I'm being overly dramatic at all (overly dramatic pause) when I say (overly dramatic pause) this is the Best Fix Ever. I actually have butterflies in my stomach I'm so excited about this :lovestruc
I can't thank you enough!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 6:48 PM
genius. genius!!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#31 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gulhare
One million thank you's.

Question, you have only (oh oh) made the rugs possible to put anyway we want, and not bothered with the MG-rug right? It still need that rugfix?

You no longer need the M&G fix by goggalor at MATY.
Inventor
#32 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 6:58 PM
I've never noticed this rug error. You're really clever
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 7:10 PM
Thank you sooo much, that's fantastic!
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 7:27 PM
HL. I LURRRRVE you! This always bugged the hell out of me. Thank you!

Forum Resident
#35 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 8:39 PM
The rug-issue was just bugging me a little while ago, this is awesome! Thanks so much HL!

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Instructor
#36 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 9:55 PM
You are awesome! Thank you for fixing this and sharing it with us.
Inventor
#37 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 10:28 PM
OMG!! Yay I hardly used Maxis rugs as I couldnt put them where I wanted but now I can. This is just fab... Thanks :D

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#38 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 10:38 PM
Eeeee! HL this is fan-freakin'-tastic! Thank you SO much!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 11:00 PM Last edited by Owfin : 17th Apr 2010 at 11:12 PM.
This looks awesome, but I have a question. I downloaded the non-ALL version of the mod. My most recent expansion pack is AL. Do I just install the package file for that, or do I install it for all the ones I have?

Edit: Thanks!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 11:07 PM
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 11:20 PM
Thank you so much for this! I've been bothered by the inflexibility in positioning the rugs. I would sometimes overlap two rugs to make it centered, which makes a line where they overlap, but I've been unwilling to have the glowing lines. I thought I'd have to live with it. This is an incredible fix. And raising them up so they aren't flat in the ground or floor. Awesome!

One quick question, though. I see the bins file contains all the ep's and sp's, but the file for the dl folder contains the ep's and only two of the sp's: celebration and glamor life. The other sp's are absent (tss, m&g, ffs, kb, hm). Is this how it's supposed to be? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 11:37 PM
Thank you so much!!!! I have always wondered why my rugs were so whacked out looking after placing them with the boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false cheat.......I hated that because it prevented me to add them on SO many occasions....and I need rugs for my hardwood floors....esp. in the living room.....THANK YOU.....THANK YOU!!!!! My sims can now have rugs again!!!!!YAY!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 1:09 AM
Yay!!!!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#44 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marie2sims
One quick question, though. I see the bins file contains all the ep's and sp's, but the file for the dl folder contains the ep's and only two of the sp's: celebration and glamor life. The other sp's are absent (tss, m&g, ffs, kb, hm). Is this how it's supposed to be? Thanks!

Yes this is! It is because those files already have the correct setting in them.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 1:32 AM Last edited by Prudensch : 18th Apr 2010 at 1:33 AM. Reason: too excited to type coherently
Quote: Originally posted by shastakiss
I don't think I'm being overly dramatic at all (overly dramatic pause) when I say (overly dramatic pause) this is the Best Fix Ever. I actually have butterflies in my stomach I'm so excited about this :lovestruc
I can't thank you enough!

I second Shastakiss's sentiment! And I'm so happy this has now been featured. Too awesome for words.
Test Subject
#46 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 5:26 AM
Thanks for taking the time to fix this for all of us!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 9:24 AM
Yes,yes! This is FANTASTIC! I always wanted to place rugs in different kind of poses and finally it's possible without the weird lookout! Thank you!!
Mad Poster
#48 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 9:38 AM
I am adding my warm thanks to all the previous ones ! Your fixing of these carpets was so absolutely needed ! Tanks a ton for sharing it with us
Scholar
#49 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 12:36 PM
Thanks so much!

Now I need to go look for a tutorial for dummies about how to find the rugs recolors in SimPE so I can follow your tutorial. *goes off to google*

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 1:53 PM
Best fix ever. The sinking and placement issues always bugged me, thank you for fixing them!
Page 2 of 8