Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Celebration & Custom Cakes can be placed in OFB Decra-Chill Food Display (Updated 2008/09/01) AL compatible

by Lord Darcy Posted 24th Dec 2007 at 5:30 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:13 AM by Lord Darcy : Updated to v1.1b

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
The Maxis Cakes Only version enables only seven Celebration cakes to be placed in food display, and nothing else. If you don't have Celebration SP, this version will be entirely pointless.
Where did you put this fix? If you put it into the \TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins folder, the delete button in the object catalog should have been disabled, preventing accidental deletion of Maxis objects. I had this happened to me a couple of times, back when I didn't know about overrides folder. The "deleted" Maxis objects were back in game when I restarted the game.

Thanks for that. I'm aware I installed the wrong files, but it's good to be reassured my missing cake will be back .

I suppose I installed the wrong file because I was under the false impression it would be better for me, since I don't have any custom cake files. But I also don't have Celebration stuff, yet I wanted multiple slots for the Maxis birthday cake.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 5:01 AM
thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 12:47 PM
Gee i'm happy there' no pb with Numenor's mod!*jumps* As you both affect the placement options i was a bit worried (i chose the 'crowded shelves' version) but it's true that the fridge is not considered as a shelf.

I'll throw away the fake decra-chills & use your mod to finally have real food stores using real fridges! Thank you Lord also for increasing the placement, Eaxis is often silly...
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 2:56 PM
Hi~ Thanks for very great mod. It's help me a lot.
But I have some question...I've install >>>zLdDarcy_OFBFoodDisplay_NoPreventPlacement.package<< this file as you told (I've Celebration SP) it work well with Maxis Cake and some of customs but I still can't put the "PANETTONE" and "PANDORO" Italian traditional Christmassy cakes by Marylou & Numenor on the Decra-chill display. What should I do ?

P.S. Sorry 4 my English, it maybe wrong in grammar.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#30 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 9:59 AM
This is great! Thanks for the fix.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbear
I still can't put the "PANETTONE" and "PANDORO" Italian traditional Christmassy cakes by Marylou & Numenor on the Decra-chill display.

AFAIR, those cakes are not really "OFB-Ready". Like most base game compatible objects, they lack proper OFB shelf placement values in their Object Data entries.

If you can do basic stuff with SimPE, you can manually edit cakes yourself. Read "Technical explanation" part in here, check this tutorial, and edit the data field 0x004F [Unused - Shadow Brightness (Sims1)] of Object Data (OBJD) to 1 (for main cake files) or 2 (for slices and custom plates).

Or you can download aforementioned Numenor's mod that enables custom objects to be placed on OFB shelves without editing. I recommend "LESS" version. 6 cakes on one shelf don't look good too well IMO.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#32 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 9:18 PM
How fun! Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 3:01 AM
AFAIR, those cakes are not really "OFB-Ready". Like most base game compatible objects, they lack proper OFB shelf placement values in their Object Data entries.

If you can do basic stuff with SimPE, you can manually edit cakes yourself. Read "Technical explanation" part in here, check this tutorial, and edit the data field 0x004F [Unused - Shadow Brightness (Sims1)] of Object Data (OBJD) to 1 (for main cake files) or 2 (for slices and custom plates).

Or you can download aforementioned Numenor's mod that enables custom objects to be placed on OFB shelves without editing. I recommend "LESS" version. 6 cakes on one shelf don't look good too well IMO.

Thank you very much for your answer, Lord Darcy.
I'll try to edit. By the way, your work is really great ~ it made me have more cakes to make Bakery Shop
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 11:24 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you....

mwah...mwah...mwah...

*bows*

I was just complaining about this when I gave a tour of my bakery:

http://isleofthyme.squarespace.com/...lic-bakery.html

Now, I can stop pulling my hair out!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 8:38 AM
Lord Darcy, This sounds wonderful, but I only see one download file available. I assume there were more download files available, but the only one I see now is the ...Fix_v1.1. I have both OFB and Celebration and by reading your post, it sounds like the Fix_v1.1 is only to be used by people that do not have Celebration. Am I misunderstanding you and now Fix_v1.1 is for either or?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 12:13 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 16th Jan 2008 at 12:20 PM.
The v1.1 zip contains all 3 files for everyone. If you have both OFB and Celebration, you can choose between MaxisCakesFixOnly and NoPreventPlacement. Sorry if my wording was misleading.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#37 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 5:52 AM
This is just what I needed! I'm building a bakery right now actually. Thanks!
Instructor
#38 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 1:08 PM
Update: v1.1 - Added OFB-Without-Celebration version. This is ONLY for the people that have OFB but do not have Celebration SP. If you have both OFB and Celebration SP, you don't need to redownload.
Well, I was happy to find a mod like this... and wondered why there is only the update available - and the others are removed... *doh!*
The v1.1 zip contains all 3 files for everyone... Sorry if my wording was misleading.
Uhm, yes, your wording is misleading If I wouldn't have checked the replies I were now complaining about the removed OFB + Celebration- version
Please, be patient with dummies and rephrase your DL-post

Anyway, this is a great (and required) mod so Thanks a lot!

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Mad Poster
#39 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 6:29 PM
This looks VERY useful!!! I do not have Celebration yet; it is next on my list and will get it in the next few weeks... Should I get the "with" Celebration version anyway (and just live with a few useless files for a while) or will that mess up my game? Maybe I should just wait on this mod until after I have Celebration? What do you recommend?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
This looks VERY useful!!! I do not have Celebration yet; it is next on my list and will get it in the next few weeks... Should I get the "with" Celebration version anyway (and just live with a few useless files for a while) or will that mess up my game? Maybe I should just wait on this mod until after I have Celebration? What do you recommend?

If you want this mod right now, you'd better use "without" version until you get Celebration. The installation location for "with" version and "without" version is different. Even if you choose to use "with" version right now, you have to move it to the new location when you install Celebration pack anyway.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 7:46 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 22nd Jul 2008 at 10:55 PM.
2008-04-24: Changed installation location for people who have patched FreeTime, as this fix no longer works from the Celebration game folder. See the main post for the detailed instruction.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
#42 Old 1st May 2008 at 4:02 PM
When I download the new one for Kitchen and Bath, do I need to remove the one that is in my celebration folder? Thank you for this!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 1st May 2008 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tksenske
When I download the new one for Kitchen and Bath, do I need to remove the one that is in my celebration folder? Thank you for this!

File itself was not changed at all. You don't have to redownload this fix. Just move the existing file in the Celebration folder to the new location.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 20th May 2008 at 2:05 AM
I'm so excited about this fix! But for some reason, I cannot install it in the 2 places you said to try. I do have Celebration and I do have Kitchen and Bath. I did it like 5 times, so I'm 99% sure that I tried to extract the file into the correct place. Any ideas?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 27th May 2008 at 8:36 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 1st Sep 2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Updated to v1.1a
2008-05-27: Updated to v1.1a. Fixed a bug in EP flags. Now anyone can use the same version, whether they have Celebration SP or not. Celebration birthday cakes will be automatically deactivated for the people who don't have Celebration SP.

If you don't have Celebration SP and previously downloaded zLdDarcy_OFBFoodDisplay_NoPreventPlacement-OFBWithoutCeleb.package, delete it and get one of regular versions. The updated version will continue to work in case you get Celebration SP in the future. (You may have to move the fix to the new location though, depending on your EP/SP combination.)

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 12:58 PM
Default Updated to v1.1b
2008-09-01: Updated to v1.1b.

AL finally updated Decra-Chill Food Display to accept 7 Celebration cakes.
If you have AL, MaxisCakesFixOnly version is largely obsolete save for "amount per shelf" fix. Only keep this version if you also want to put more birthday cakes and dessert plates per shelf.

NoPreventPlacement version is not affected by AL.

Test Subject
#47 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 9:13 AM
i dont understand what you mean with "patched freetime" or "unpatched freetime" .. can you tell me in more simple language what's the meeaning of them?.
Thank you
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 11:59 PM
hi, I seem to be having problems DL this file. I have MG and am able to get to the correct area for downloading but I'm denied? I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 10:07 PM
Im confused so if we have AL and celebration stuff which version should I download
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 8:12 PM
really useful and helpful!thanks
Page 2 of 3