Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims2RPC - Modded Sims 2 Launcher for Mansion and Garden

by LazyDuchess Posted 15th Oct 2020 at 7:04 PM - Updated 28th Jan 2023 at 8:00 PM by LazyDuchess : Notice

305 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 256 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 13
Test Subject
#126 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 3:36 PM Last edited by milosz263 : 24th Dec 2020 at 3:50 PM.
After updating from 1.9.6 to 1.9.9 Steam Overlay and ShadowPlay's FPS counter won't show in The Sims 2. On full screen only ShadowPlay works. Without rpc everything works fine.
This must be Steam/Nvidia driver issue. After reverting update still doesn't work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#127 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flyertiger
I downloaded the newest update (1.9.6 I think), and now the game launches at 1440p which is my monitor resolution. I used to have the game set to 1080p because the UI is too small in 1440p. Is there a settings.txt option to change it? When I change it in game, the 1080p isn't stretched to fill the screen.

Love the smoother camera update btw thanks!

You're welcome! Thank you!
It might be because of borderless, since it's technically windowed TS2 automatically picks your monitor resolution. You should go into documents/Sims2RPC/settings.txt and turn fullscreen (or windowed) back on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#128 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velololo
Hey! Thanks for making this mod, it seems really cool!

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it works for me. I'm a disc user and because the files are linked to mansion and garden stuff, it won't let me launch the game using it, because that's not the disc I use to play the game- I use the University Life Collection disc, as that one is considered the most recent installment. Is there any way I can bypass that?

Unfortunately due to differences in the game's executable between the different dlcs it's not possible to make it backwards compatible The features of this launcher, including the rich presence, firstborn fix, etc. are very dependent on that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#129 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by milosz263
After updating from 1.9.6 to 1.9.9 Steam Overlay and ShadowPlay's FPS counter won't show in The Sims 2. On full screen only ShadowPlay works. Without rpc everything works fine.
This must be Steam/Nvidia driver issue. After reverting update still doesn't work.

Yeah driver updates seem to be slowly breaking TS2 support for modern computers
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#130 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Hi! This launcher is great, I love never having to worry about firstborn syndrome again. Since borderless is really useful, is there any way to have edge scrolling without using full screen? I'd really like to use borderless, but (at least for me) edge scrolling wasn't working, so I went back to full screen.

TS2 is hardcoded to disable edge scrolling on windowed mode unfortunately. Fixing this is probably out of my abilities or very complicated, I've attempted to fix it before. Sorry!
Test Subject
#131 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 8:05 PM
First, congratulations!

I have a problem...

The game never appears on my Discord. I am using the latest version of RPC and my game is in PT-BR language.
Would you know why it doesn't work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#132 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rafamundosims
First, congratulations!

I have a problem...

The game never appears on my Discord. I am using the latest version of RPC and my game is in PT-BR language.
Would you know why it doesn't work?

Thank you!
No idea. Can you launch Sims2RPC with the -show command and see if the console window stays? If it closes itself, when does it do that? Also what does it say?
Test Subject
#133 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LazyDuchess
Yeah driver updates seem to be slowly breaking TS2 support for modern computers

I found the solution to Steam Overlay. You can't run Sims2RPC as administrator. But it is still weird that Shadowplay doesn't work with windowed D3D9 app. (even without rpc) So, i have to go back into RTSS!
Test Subject
#134 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 10:33 PM
Thank you!
No idea. Can you launch Sims2RPC with the -show command and see if the console window stays? If it closes itself, when does it do that? Also what does it say?

With command -show, cmd don't close:

No defaults.
VERSION 1.9.9.2 - Remember to read the changelog.txt!
Sims2RPC by Lazy Duchess, Discord Rich Presence icons by @Justmiha97
Loading config.
You can also run with -hide to prevent this console from showing up at all.
Discord RPC Enabled, launch with -rpc to disable.
Running windowed.
Launching TS2...
Loading mod randomizer.asi
Mod loaded successfully.
Found game window by process id.
Found game window

I checked, and 4GB patch works properly, only discord don't work, is really strange.
I read in your tumblr a ask about letters with special caracteres, "é", "ê", etc. In pt-bt many words have special caracteres...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#135 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rafamundosims
With command -show, cmd don't close:

No defaults.
VERSION 1.9.9.2 - Remember to read the changelog.txt!
Sims2RPC by Lazy Duchess, Discord Rich Presence icons by @Justmiha97
Loading config.
You can also run with -hide to prevent this console from showing up at all.
Discord RPC Enabled, launch with -rpc to disable.
Running windowed.
Launching TS2...
Loading mod randomizer.asi
Mod loaded successfully.
Found game window by process id.
Found game window

I checked, and 4GB patch works properly, only discord don't work, is really strange.
I read in your tumblr a ask about letters with special caracteres, "é", "ê", etc. In pt-bt many words have special caracteres...

Yeah, those letters are unfortunately not yet supported, but the rich presence should still work. Is game activity enabled in your Discord settings? It looks like it should work just fine, I'm not sure what might be wrong. Remember that you also need to be running the Discord app, not on browser.
Test Subject
#136 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 1:00 AM
Yeah, those letters are unfortunately not yet supported, but the rich presence should still work. Is game activity enabled in your Discord settings? It looks like it should work just fine, I'm not sure what might be wrong. Remember that you also need to be running the Discord app, not on browser.

Heey Lazy! (:
I reinstalled discord app and RPC works fine!
I'm so happy!!
Thankful for patience ♥
Test Subject
#137 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiru
Edit: I'm getting an issue right now with "Failed to find any Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system". The game works fine if I don't use this file
And yes, I've tried running it in windowed mode, but no dice.

Hey I don't know if you still have this problem, but I had the same and after cutting and pasting the exe file from the no-cd executable into the TSBin Folder and renaming the original exe file, it worked just fine for me hope this helps.

I just love this mod so much!! It helps a lot!!! Huge thanks to you LazyDuchess! ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 1:01 PM Last edited by DLPalindrome : 3rd Jan 2021 at 10:08 PM.
This is absolutely amazing. It's like my dreams came true!

Do you have a writeup anywhere of how you did it? Looks like it's really extensible.

Edit: I learned about vectored exception handling trying to follow what you did, found the codereversing write-up - I'm wondering how you find the address of the function you want to set the hardware breakpoints on?
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiru
Edit: I'm getting an issue right now with "Failed to find any Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system". The game works fine if I don't use this file
And yes, I've tried running it in windowed mode, but no dice.

I've had a similar issue, but discovered it wasn't really this mod at all. My game just throws that error if I try to load it windowed. So, if someone trying to troubleshoot is getting this error, and Admin settings doesn't fix it, try running in Fullscreen (via the settings.txt, default.txt or shortcut command).
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 11:52 PM
Greets LazyDuchess,
I just downloaded version 1.9.9.3. It appears to require Discord to be installed first. I get this: discord_game_sdk.dll is missing. Is there any reason to have Discord installed to use this?

Thanks!

GS
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#141 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 3:52 PM
I was looking for a fix to the games random generators, sounds like this does that, but also does lots of other things. I have read every.single.post, and most of it sounds too technical for me - I don't even know what "discord" is...I could see if I can figure out how to only install the part that fixes the random issues...but then there is the scary "crashing" reports. Don't think I will get a reply other than "Forget it, Gramma person, just go back to your knitting".
Instructor
THANKS POST
#142 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 12:13 AM
Concerned that I've used the 4GB patch, and that it seems to be trying to download the M&G exe anyway (not to mention the fact I use the unofficial Angels and Nurses pack).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#143 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I was looking for a fix to the games random generators, sounds like this does that, but also does lots of other things. I have read every.single.post, and most of it sounds too technical for me - I don't even know what "discord" is...I could see if I can figure out how to only install the part that fixes the random issues...but then there is the scary "crashing" reports. Don't think I will get a reply other than "Forget it, Gramma person, just go back to your knitting".

Hey!
The Discord thing won't make a difference unless you have Discord installed, so you can forget about it if you don't know what it is
There's a Manual included in the compressed file on how to configure the mod, so that you can disable the extra features.
Or you can visit this Tumblr link where I wrote instructions on how to install only the fix, without the custom launcher. It just requires a bit more manual work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#144 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deastrumquodvicis
Concerned that I've used the 4GB patch, and that it seems to be trying to download the M&G exe anyway (not to mention the fact I use the unofficial Angels and Nurses pack).

That's weird, but if it only happens once there's no need to worry about it. Maybe your executable was the Origin one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#145 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 3:35 PM
I've added a new "Light" version that only fixes firstborn syndrome, for those of you that don't want to mess around with settings.
Instructor
#146 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 3:17 AM
That's weird, but if it only happens once there's no need to worry about it. Maybe your executable was the Origin one.

Doubtful as I don't have Origin on my computer. In any case, I can confirm it seems to work.

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#147 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 4:10 PM
This program is worth it for the camera rotation alone! I always missed that in The Sims 2 you couldn't rotate horizontally and vertically simultaneously. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 11:19 PM
Hi LazyDuchess, first off thank you so much for this mod. I finally got The Sims 2 to run on my computer.I've come across a problem though. I was playing this morning, it loaded fine, but when I went to play the game this evening it isn't loading. The black text box comes up, and it says it's launching TS2 but never does. I ran the updater, I tried running it as admin. Took my downloads folder out in case something in there was the problem but that didn;t do anything didn't fix it. I'd appreciate any advice you can offer. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#149 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 3:30 AM
Default just the one package?
I've added a new "Light" version that only fixes firstborn syndrome, for those of you that don't want to mess around with settings.

I see that version contains a lot of stuff; for just the firstborn mod, am I to only ONLY use that one package?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#150 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I see that version contains a lot of stuff; for just the firstborn mod, am I to only ONLY use that one package?

You can follow the other steps in the Tumblr post I linked to install only the fix. The new option includes the launcher, therefore all its features, but only the fix is enabled by default. It's more like a pre-tuned flavor.
Page 6 of 13