Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Need a Trim? The only close-cropped curly hair you'll ever find.

by AlfredAskew Posted 19th Feb 2009 at 6:55 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2009 at 1:32 AM by AlfredAskew

138 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 121 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:44 PM
HOLY MUFFIN CUPS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. If I could create worth a darn, I'd create a slew of normal male hairs. But I can't. But this is great!
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:55 PM
THIS IS GORGEOUS! Thank you =D I was sooooo in desperate need for short(ish) hair that's nice haha.
Not actually evil.
#28 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 11:31 PM
I MUST HAVE IT! *nab!*

So elder's DO have grey, but it's a different grey for each color, black, brown, blond, red? I assume it actually looks different, so it's not just duplicate textures, right? I'm just glad elders have grey.

Thank you for binning, can't understand why everyone doesn't do it. The colors are not family-ized, right, so if I my close cropped brown haired dude decided to bleach his curls blond, he won't automatically keep his close cropped hair style? He'll get some Maxis hair and I'll have to manually change his style back to close cropped curls? Waaah. Two seconds of my life I'll never get back! Not a big deal, but I would have preferred that these be family-ized. Is it not possible to do unique greys if you family-ize? I'm a big hair ignoramus, that's why I ask.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Alchemist
#29 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 11:35 PM
Downloaded for sure, 'tis great work, thank you very much... but I loved your write-up, too! Thanks for making me smile.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I MUST HAVE IT! *nab!*

So elder's DO have grey, but it's a different grey for each color, black, brown, blond, red? I assume it actually looks different, so it's not just duplicate textures, right? I'm just glad elders have grey.

Is it not possible to do unique greys if you family-ize? I'm a big hair ignoramus, that's why I ask.

Yup, there a little picture down there somewhere with all the grays in it. Different for every color. Plus the white if you prefer. Surprise, surprise, the elder grayed white is... white.

I'd prefer it too, frankly. I liked those two seconds. ^^ I'm really only a newbie at Simpe, I really couldn't say if there is a way...
The tutorials and tools don't allow for multiple gray options, that's for sure. There's a technical reason for it, it has something to do with the linking and the fact that there's only one gray bin.

If you have Simpe, there's a simple tutorial, the family-izing is really just about five copy paste jobs.

Thanks!

(And many thanks to the rest of you thankers as well. I'm rather enjoying the attention. )
Test Subject
#31 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 11:50 PM
Thank you thank you thank you! You are so right about there being so many awful hairs for men. These look lovely! Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 11:58 PM
Oh, awesome! This is incredibly lovely, thanks so much for your hard work!
Scholar
#33 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 12:22 AM
You are amazing, man. I'm so sick of bishes. Now I can have MANLY men! Ones capable of growing facial hair...
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 12:31 AM
Super cute! I agree with you - normal hairs, please and thank you!
I can wait to use this on my sims.
Their wives thank you. [:
Oh, and so do I.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 12:33 AM
These hairs look amazing! Thank You very much for the normal hair and I look forward to seeing more normal hair from you.

-Chibi

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 1:00 AM
Augh perfect. All it needs is a platinum blond version and it will be even more perfect. Thank you~~
Field Researcher
#37 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 1:00 AM
Yeah! Though I do have numberous weird hairstyles, and some get used, most of our (my sister's and mine) sims have short hairstyles and usually I have to resort to the same four or five maxis made hairstyles. My sims thank you.

I think it says you are planning on doing some recolors, so I was wondering if you would do one in medium blue. My sister has a sim family where the teenage son has blue hair (and his sisters have white and green hair). I have no talent for making recolors, so I know I can't do it myself. If you don't want to that's fine, but I figured I'd ask. Either way, I love this hair.
Test Subject
#38 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 1:42 AM
...You mean I can have a male Sim who actually looks like a dude? This idea is strange, and might take some getting used to.

I love that mesh of HP's, and your texture looks awesome! I can't wait to try it out.
Test Subject
#39 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 1:48 AM
Could I interest you in a first born child?

As a firm "regular people" type Sims-player, this kind of hair is invaluable in my game! Thank you sososososo much. <33
Field Researcher
#40 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 2:20 AM
Chiming in as another fan of regular ol' hairstyles! THANK YOU for making this! You have made me and my Sim guys very happy indeed. :-)
Field Researcher
#41 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 4:18 AM
Thank you! This was badly needed.
Test Subject
#42 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 4:29 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Can I hit the Thanks button more than once? I lost all my downloads a while back to a hard drive crash, and it took YEARS of searching to find at least some decent male hair styles with it. Since the crash, I've had a rough time finding decent styles that I'll actually use and with textures that aren't crap. These look beautiful, and I'm sure my male simmies will love you to death for this! I'll definately be keeping an eye on you to see what else you come up with! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#43 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 5:01 AM
The cuteness, oh how it makes me squee! I'm not normally a huge fan of curly hair, but this one is just too adorable for words. Thank you!! *yoink*
Field Researcher
#44 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 6:00 AM
Alfred, you are so right. I have wringed my hands in frustration lately trying to find some normal male hairs. There are tons of emo, anime-like and girly hairs around, but I usually want my guys to look like guys and not androgyne creatures out of some anime show, or fairies. Sure, I have a few of those around too as I like to build different themed neighbourhoods. But by the end of the day I must say I want my male sims to look like 'real men'.
Instructor
#45 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 6:05 AM
Everything wycked said and a HUGE thank you. I would hope you DO MORE! LOL. Please! I'm so tired of what's out there. Normal hair has become almost extinct. Thank you for reinventing the wheel.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 6:18 AM
Gorgeous ! Thanks
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 7:26 AM
This hair is really, really nice. You've done a brilliant job! Looks like all the time it took for you to make it payed off, didn't it?

Visit Sims Writers Block for some exciting, romantic sim stories. They are the best out there, methinks, they just haven't been noticed by the public yet.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 10:03 AM
Thanks for this, always need more 'normal' male hair!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 10:25 AM
I love that hairstyle, thank you!

It would be great if you'd upload the model you've used too. He'd be perfect in my neighbourhood

learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 12:01 PM
But I love unnatural hairBut,I'm weird in other ways too.I quess these are okay too...If some of my unnatural sims hit the middleage
Page 2 of 6