Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 5:50 PM Last edited by justJones : 7th Feb 2014 at 3:45 PM.
Default The Bright Future Challenge
The day of reckoning has come, and the world has been swept into a dark nuclear era. Luckily you and your family and several others had the intelligence and foresight to secure a spot in a brand new sate of the art Nuclear Protection Vault. Here you can wait out the horrors of nuclear holocaust in comfort and style, and you'll be able to help repopulate your town (sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook etc.)

The point of this challenge is to raise several generations of a few families in an underground nuclear shelter, with limited supplies and other hardships that come from living underground that will be mentioned later.

You start out this challenge with one sim family (preferably with not too many children, we don't want overcrowding in the vault) They come to live in Sunset Valley to raise their children in thise peaceful and glamorous community. One day, they are out buying groceries when BOOM!! A giant mushroom cloud appears. How lucky that they had their groceries. They run out of store and into their car and drive as fast as possible to a vault that they have secured a space in.

This is the one time that you can get groceries, and it's reccomended you buy pleanty, they're going to have to last a couple generations. This is also the last time that you are allowed in the outside world. After this, the vault door closes and you cannot come out EVER!!!

You must move your familie(s) into a sort of big lot with a basement in it. This is your shelter. The following is required of your shelter

a) enough apartments for all families (this means at least one per family. Apartments must include small living dining area, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom (no more than one bedroom, we have to conserve space down here ,so if you have children, be ready to share.

b) a library with all the necessary skill books, so that the future generations can retain a decent amount of the intelliegence to carry off into this new, dark, world.

The rest is up to you. I made mine have an entertainment spot, a clinic, a diner, all the works, so feel free to be creative in your vault. You can be as luxurious as you want.

You must move in some other families to live in the vault as well, so that you can reproduce, and repopulate. I reccomend you do this using testingcheatsenabled and add to active family so that you can have more than eight people to make it just a little more realistic, and useful.

To win this challenge, you must raise eight (or more if you want to be really chalenging) generations of sims in the vault

Here are the rules, there's pleanty

-Under no circumstances may any of your sims leave the vault.
-After the first generation, you may NOT repair anything. I guess they lost the technical knowledge.
-Your sims may not get jobs unless you have the rabbit hole rugs in your vault. Likewise with children and school.
-You may have NO telephones, they're kind of useless when theirs nobody to call
-no contact what so ever with the outside world. this includes phones, internet chat, etc.
-no refilling the storeroom (or private fridge) what you've got is what you've got.

If you have any more suggestions for rules, feel free to post them, and PLEASE document your challenge with photos and post them here along with some updates. Good luck, and hope you enjoy.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 9:58 PM
Hmm... Sound interesting, to say the least. I might give it a try.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 11:23 PM
yeah! somebody responded. I'm officially giving myself a pat on the back. Good luck if you do!
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 1:09 PM
I really like this challenge Idea but I'm a little confused with the school part???? Do i make my vault on a community lot and use a rabbit hole to have kids go to school or do i build it on a home lot and they just not go to school ? (am i missing somthing cause you can only pruchase rabbit holes on community lots right?)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 4:50 PM
your very right, you can't buy rabbitholes on a residential lot, sorry about that. So, yup, the kids will go schooless, unless you know a cheat where you can get rabbitholes for a residential lot, which I'm not sure exists or not... I think there's buyable rabbitholes here as an object on mts2, but again, not quite sure. Hope I cleared it up and didn't confuse you more,

Max
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 5:36 PM
I have a question. One of the rules is that you cannot refill the fridge. Does that mean we cant have Quick meals or where you pay for the ingrediants at the fridge?

"I love you, but I've had too many meatballs!"
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 6:05 PM
How Fallout-y! It sounds really interesting and entertaining. I might give it a whirl when I get my laptop back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 9:10 PM
hey, Simmer 9761

I'm not sure about that one... I'd say yes I suppose, what do you think?
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 8:24 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=411270 I think these should help with your challange...
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 5:42 PM
this seems fun
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 8:24 PM
hi everyone this is my first day so i was wondering if you can't come out the vault how do you pay the bills?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxieBoy
your very right, you can't buy rabbitholes on a residential lot, sorry about that. So, yup, the kids will go schooless, unless you know a cheat where you can get rabbitholes for a residential lot, which I'm not sure exists or not... I think there's buyable rabbitholes here as an object on mts2, but again, not quite sure. Hope I cleared it up and didn't confuse you more,

Max

Perhaps you could have two lots, right next to each other, and it can be the "learning centre" where you can keep the school, grocery store, bookstore, ect.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 11:46 PM
I have two suggestions for you.
1. Download the homeschool mod and set up a school in the vault. Perhaps they set up a school program knowing they would need to educate their young.
2. There are planters you can download to grow veggies and fruit inside. Possibly some came with into the future. So if the vsult had beed stocked with fruit and veggiws they could grow their own supply.
2. There is a mod to add up two twentyfour sims to a lot. If anyone was inyerested. Or just inviting roomates mighy podsibly help but im not sure.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 7:06 AM
If you have ITF there is a rug that looks like grass and another that looks like glass. These can be used to make a greenhouse. You can grow things inside with the grass. To make it more realistic you can use the glass to make a sky light so that the plants get sun., or not. Either way the plants will grow in the green grass rug. No need for the planters. You don't have to download those btw, they came with an earlier EP though I can't remember which.

Also with ITF came movable stores. You can sell everything from cars to clothes. I would check if that is also true for books and food.