Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 10:50 PM Last edited by Nyami : 6th Sep 2012 at 7:44 AM.
Default Harry Potter Legacy Challenge: Supernatural Edition!
This challenge requires Supernatural.

Make a young adult sim. It can be a male or female.

Choose a Hogwarts house for your sim. It can be Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin.

Choose 5 traits for your sim. You must have two traits based on your house. Gryffindor traits are Brave and Daredevil. Slytherin traits are Ambitious and Perceptive. Ravenclaw traits are Genius and Bookworm. Hufflepuff traits are Good and Friendly.
Perceptive is an Ambitions-only trait, so if you don't have it you can replace it with something else such as Evil (though not all Slytherins are bad!)

Move them into a lot (any size) and build a house. Do NOT use any money cheats.

Marry any HUMAN sim in the neighborhood. This is your 'muggle' spouse.

When a baby is born, if you are given an option choose ONE of your founder sims' house's traits for him/her.

You may only have up to three kids in the family total. Your firstborn witch/wizard will be the heir. You will discover their powers in their child or teen stage - here's a hint, look for a gold border around the child's portrait in another sims' relationships panel!

When your witch/wizard enters the child stage, look at their traits. If they has at least ONE trait from your founder's house, they are in your founder's house. If they have one trait from another house, they are in that house. If your child has several traits from different houses, (example: Perceptive from Slytherin and Genius from Ravenclaw) it is time to use the Randomizer.

Go here:
http://www.random.org/lists/

Type in the houses that your sim has traits from.

Example:
Slytherin
Ravenclaw

Hit 'Randomize' and whichever house is on top is your child's house.

Make your witch/wizard child wear their something with house's colors on it. Gryffindor is red, Slytherin is green, Ravenclaw is blue, and Hufflepuff is yellow.

Play as a regular legacy otherwise. Stop at generation 5. Your goal (just for fun) is for your 5th generation sim to be from the same house as your founder. The challenge automatically ends if your family fails to produce any witches/wizards.

I don't have a point system as I don't play with points, at least as of now, but have fun and please post your stories!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 4:20 PM
This challenge sounds nice maybe im gonna try it ^^, I can't w8 till sims 3 pets comes out xD
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 7:17 PM
Sounds great to me. Maybe I'll try it sometime
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 4:41 AM
Sounds EPIC, ill try it
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 12:23 PM
sounds amazing and totally awsome!soooooooo trying this
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 12:19 AM
Cute.

I'll definitely be doing this one.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 8:28 PM
I've started this challenge today-- I just found it, and by COMPLETE coincidence, my current sim is both a bookworm and a Genius, and his favorite color is BLUE.

Talk about Signs and Portents! He's currently divorced, and working as a writer. Will post pics when he adopts his first child.
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 7:41 AM
Updated for Supernatural. Have fun
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 1:08 PM Last edited by Ladygagasimsfan : 9th Sep 2012 at 5:24 PM.
I love the new updated version If only I knew how to upload pics, I would show you it. Maybe more ideas though for targets. Since it seems mostly like making sims and having kids. Other than that, it's awesome. :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 7:21 PM
This seems like a great way to test out supernatural wizarding mechanics. Also, I'm hesitant to have a hufflepuff trait be "good". Not all Slytherins are evil? Not all Hufflepuffs are good. There's no "loyal" trait, which is the most solid Hufflepuff characterization, but I would say maybe "workaholic" (because Hufflepuffs are hardworking) and a ban on commitment issues, because hufflepuffs are loyal...maybe friendly and family oriented? Or friendly and some skill related trait (animal lover, cooking, green thumb, etc.)? As always, Hufflepuff is tricky because it's under-developped. I'm definitely going to do this challenge, but my Hufflepuffs won't all have the "Good" trait because that's equivalent to having all Slytherins have the "evil" or "mean" traits.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 11:46 AM
I don't see a problem with making most Hufflepuffs good. There's already a caveat where anyone with only one of the traits can still get in, so not all of them will have it. But "good" seems to be as close to a loyalty trait as you're going to get. While it doesn't do much in-game, in the Potterverse the primary difference between good and evil (besides the killing and whatnot) seems to be whether you choose to wield power to help others or to harm others. Hufflepuffs, being loyal, would generally choose to help others. So the good trait is sort of a result of loyalty.

Then again, I think that "good" is a very poorly defined concept, which can be contradictory, self-serving, and not necessarily the opposite of evil. Someone with a more concrete interpretation might not think that all Hufflepuffs fit it.

Anyway, this looks like a very interesting challenge. If I had Supernatural, I would try it out. But what happens if your sim is a witch/wizard but doesn't get any house traits?
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 8:08 AM
If your witch/wizard has no house traits, they are not qualified to be the heir. Your sims must have another child with at least one of the traits. Remember though, if your sims have three children they can't have any more.

I chose 'Good' and 'Friendly' for Hufflepuff as well as 'Evil' for Slytherin because I had to pick traits you can use for babies. This way, if you get to choose a trait for a newborn you can get one you need early. 'Good' and 'Friendly' reminded me of loyal and they work for babies. I think Ambitious is allowed for babies as well so if you don't want an Evil Slytherin just go for that one
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 6:42 AM
Do they HAVE to marry a human? My neighborhood is saturated with supernaturals and finding a suitable human is difficult...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 1:42 AM
Yeah. What if they fall in love with a werewolf or fairy?
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 2:58 AM
Your sim should only marry a human. However, after the human sim moves in with your witch/wizard they can be turned into any supernatural as long as you don't use cheats.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 4:07 AM
There is one flaw though. Slytherin, marrying a muggle? EEEP! Only Snape's mum does that!
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 7:23 AM
I thought of that too, but I think it may make the legacy more challenging if your sim marries a muggle.
I'm guessing if a witch and wizard have children together they are more likely to have a magical child than if the witch/wizard has a child with a 'muggle'. I could be wrong though.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 5:18 PM
A witch marrying any other supernatural type has the same odds of spawning a witch as marrying a muggle, so I think it should also be allowed.