Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5826 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Haven't had virus warnings wipe out something I've written, but "can't find page" or a bunch of other problems. I've taken to (if I remember it) copy down or write out long information doodahs like this as notepad documents (because they take up little to no space and usually don't do weird things to BBcode) before I click "submit", just in case. Or just mark and copy the text before clicking "submit" if it's a long post and I really can't bother writing it again. It's saved me from a few annoying rounds of having to write it all over again.

Yeah, I totally should have done that. I did it the second time.
Advertisement
#5827 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 5:03 PM
Arghhh I think I'm hitting the limit of CC my game can take. I have 9 GB and recently at random times my Piccolo and Parker lots have started crashing. No signs of corruption in my town. Those are two of my larger lots - Piccolo Manor is huge and has a decent amount of CC on it. The Parker's farm is expanding and crashed when they opened the home business and a lot of characters came on the lot. I can't think of another reason why it's crashing - don't think there's any faulty CC but there could be. Just saving it frequently now...
Mad Poster
#5828 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 7:38 PM
It was the too modern roads and the traffic in Dodge which isn't a big city in modern times and shouldn't have traffic or paved roads.I had to get that fixed with a no traffic override and a default replacement of the road for desert terrains.I now have to install tons of new careers and one is township politics for my BACC.
Mad Poster
#5829 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 10:26 PM
The chimney on the weird modern hybrid fireplace/woodstove does not keep the same stone pattern that you assign to the object itself, which renders it useless in 2-story rooms (which it would otherwise be perfect for)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#5830 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 6:59 PM
Okay, time to tackle this 123 browser situation. Oh, 153. forgot about yesterday. K. First page, oh yeah, this road set. Forgot about that why didn't I download that before. *Skims long read me* Okay, okay. Download time. Eight individually zipped sets.

...Ok. It's fine. We'll unzip it to the same folder. It'll be fine. *Downloads first rar, opens it up*

Eighteen sims2pack files.

*Insert your favorite flipped table gif*

No judgement to any creator, or anything, especially for an old download, but it's how I'm feeling right now. ....I mean...

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#5831 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
So glad I'm not alone about those chance cards. I actually took out Aaroneous' mod because people told me it made their game more unpredictable, and in a way it is true but for me it was less enjoyable. I mean, poor Regan Capp lost her dream job the first day she went to it! At least she got another job. As a Team Mascot (Athletic career)..... ---Puts Mod back into game---

My pet peeve is also a reminder for myself: Before visiting community lots, place some pet objects like a chew toy & scratching post. Why? To stop those strays from destroying the entire place. Also, cat litter & an accessible bush for the dogs (or cats if they prefer). Key objects: Chew toy & cat scratch post.

I deliberately make some community lots "pet friendly", not only chew & scratch toys, but food dishes (for your controlled sim to fill) and beds. Because your Sim can take their pets!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#5832 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 12:07 PM
When sim with 0 neat points uses a shower. I understand that dad and older sister have 10 neat points and like to mopping it up but dad has already 10 points in Cleaning and don't need to skill it anymore.
How do game make this kind of personality in fully neat family?
Forum Resident
#5833 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 12:56 PM
^^ This doesn't frustrate me too much. What does frustrate me is that if a 0 neat sim makes a mess in the shower and a 10 neat point sim cleans up after them, they become furious with the 0 neat point sim, worsening the relationship, regardless of how good it was.

In my game, Venus Curious and her uncle Lazlo were very close when she was a child, they were even BFFs. As a teenager, she now despises him, because he leaves puddles on the floor that much so, she runs away regularly... over puddles in the bathroom! This is also how the Beakers grew to hate Nervous, too...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#5834 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
When sim with 0 neat points uses a shower. I understand that dad and older sister have 10 neat points and like to mopping it up but dad has already 10 points in Cleaning and don't need to skill it anymore.
How do game make this kind of personality in fully neat family?

Personality doesn't seem to be affected by genetics, and it annoys me, too. I once tried to play Pleasantview with the idea of making it live up to its name. I thought if only nice Sims were allowed to breed, I'd end up with a neighbourhood full of nice people, but it didn't work out that way - no matter how nice the parents were, I still got a lot of thoroughly grouchy kids.

I'd be curious to know if anybody's noticed whether Sims' horoscope signs (and thus personality) are affected by the season in which they're born.
Mad Poster
#5835 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 5:48 PM
I used to be bothered by that and found hacks to fix personality issues as I don't care for having too many clashes because it almost always led to fights breaking out on community lots.I also banned that for the most part in my game except for if that lot was located in what I designated a rough urban neighbohood located in a downtown district.
Mad Poster
#5836 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
^^ This doesn't frustrate me too much. What does frustrate me is that if a 0 neat sim makes a mess in the shower and a 10 neat point sim cleans up after them, they become furious with the 0 neat point sim, worsening the relationship, regardless of how good it was.

In my game, Venus Curious and her uncle Lazlo were very close when she was a child, they were even BFFs. As a teenager, she now despises him, because he leaves puddles on the floor that much so, she runs away regularly... over puddles in the bathroom! This is also how the Beakers grew to hate Nervous, too...

nopuddlerage by Pescado at MATY.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#5837 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Personality doesn't seem to be affected by genetics, and it annoys me, too. I once tried to play Pleasantview with the idea of making it live up to its name. I thought if only nice Sims were allowed to breed, I'd end up with a neighbourhood full of nice people, but it didn't work out that way - no matter how nice the parents were, I still got a lot of thoroughly grouchy kids.

I'd be curious to know if anybody's noticed whether Sims' horoscope signs (and thus personality) are affected by the season in which they're born.

===
Actually, personality IS genetic. But oddly, if two Sims with matching extreme personality (like both totally neat) have a child, it probably will be totally slob! But generally it does seem to be genetic. I wonder if what you are seeing is Maxis created families, where they created personalities without regard for genetics.
Bluealien: so what you are seeing (very nice sims having a not nice child looks like what I said. As for astrology signs, I suppose it WOULD follow that a child could inherit, as it is based on traits (but only loosely). But in game the SEASON has nothing to do with their "sign", or personality.

Forum Resident
#5838 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
nopuddlerage by Pescado at MATY.

Thank you so much! I forgot this existed I'll put it into my game tonight.

As for personalities, it's a mix of genetics and randomness. I've had two extremely nice sims have an extremely nice child and two extremely grouchy sims have an extremely grouchy child. Two nice sims in my game have also had grouchy children and yeah... I'm rambling.

I think genetics determine where the points are most likely to go and RNG takes care of the rest. This just speculation from my end, though.

Scholar
#5839 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
===
Actually, personality IS genetic. But oddly, if two Sims with matching extreme personality (like both totally neat) have a child, it probably will be totally slob! But generally it does seem to be genetic. I wonder if what you are seeing is Maxis created families, where they created personalities without regard for genetics.
Bluealien: so what you are seeing (very nice sims having a not nice child looks like what I said. As for astrology signs, I suppose it WOULD follow that a child could inherit, as it is based on traits (but only loosely). But in game the SEASON has nothing to do with their "sign", or personality.

The parents weren't necessarily at the extreme end, though; they just had to have more than 5 nice points each - 11 between them, but neither lower than 5 - and even a combination like 5 and 7 quite often produced kids with 1 or 2 (possibly also the occasional 9 or 10, but they didn't mess up my plans so I didn't really notice them).

Of course seasons wouldn't affect it, now I come to think of it, because they weren't there from the beginning!
Mad Poster
#5840 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 3:56 PM
It's the most annoying thing when I can't load my game up because I've got two YouTube videos being marked to watch later and am still online which I have to disconnect from the internet to load my game as I use a tubo booster and that would cut the connection anyways.I at least can watch a sims video or load my game later and build a starter home to bin.
Alchemist
#5841 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 4:40 PM
@Annaminna and @CrystalFlame360 do you know about MogHughson's The Thirstiest Bath Mats - REAL puddle suckers? The mats suck up any puddles nearby. There's a floor drain by yedda_2000 that does the same, too. I use the mats when I can't stand the puddles anymore and I don't want sims to have to take baths all the time.

It's funny though, I don't think I have ever seen puddle rage. I'll have to watch my sims more closely.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#5842 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Annaminna and @CrystalFlame360 do you know about MogHughson's The Thirstiest Bath Mats - REAL puddle suckers? The mats suck up any puddles nearby. There's a floor drain by yedda_2000 that does the same, too. I use the mats when I can't stand the puddles anymore and I don't want sims to have to take baths all the time.

It's funny though, I don't think I have ever seen puddle rage. I'll have to watch my sims more closely.

Those bath mats are an excellent idea, too. Thanks!

Mad Poster
#5843 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 5:16 AM
I grabbed those two downloads to get rid of puddles as I often have had very sloppy sims making messes on their floors when taking showers and can't have them always taking a bath if there's no time for it.
Mad Poster
#5844 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 7:59 AM
I don't mind my neat sims cleaning up, whether they have 10 skill points or not. They love to clean. Some of them make fist pumps and clean community lots on their own
Mad Poster
#5845 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I don't mind my neat sims cleaning up, whether they have 10 skill points or not. They love to clean. Some of them make fist pumps and clean community lots on their own
Since my best friend Andrew is one of these neatniks who loves to clean and tidy, I'm certainly not going to stop him. I just wish a little of his neatness would rub off onto me. In fact in general, if my Sims are doing something that they enjoy, I don't try to stop them unless they're hurting other Sims. Come to think of it, I don't think that that's a bad maxim for life -- both for Sims and for ourselves.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5846 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 10:31 PM
As for the puddles: I often have a neat-freak child that was happy cleaning up after everyone, and getting all those skill points.
What about when someone is "scolded" for clogging a toilet or breaking something! I HATE THAT! If some MAN scolds his girlfriend I get mad at the girlfriend! for hanging her head and wringing her hands. Geeze, ya wus, argue with him! Poke him! Love the mod that lets me do that. Oh, now the man-boss is mad? boo hoo, go sleep in the kids room.

Scholar
#5847 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 2:19 AM
As for the puddles: I often have a neat-freak child that was happy cleaning up after everyone, and getting all those skill points.
What about when someone is "scolded" for clogging a toilet or breaking something! I HATE THAT! If some MAN scolds his girlfriend I get mad at the girlfriend! for hanging her head and wringing her hands. Geeze, ya wus, argue with him! Poke him! Love the mod that lets me do that. Oh, now the man-boss is mad? boo hoo, go sleep in the kids room.

Which mod did you use that allows you to do that?
Theorist
#5848 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien

===

Yes personality is genetic, but it's affected by the first-born syndrome. What happens is a Sim is first assigned a Star Sign. Theoretically that Star Sign is Random however, because the RNG in Sims 2 doesn't actually have true randomness the Star Signs for newly created or born Sims follow always the same pattern each time for follow up the game (iirc the first Sim created, either as an NPC, in Cas or as a baby after launching the game) will always be the same signs (if I remember correctly its Aries or maybe Scorpio. One of the signs that's fairly active and grouchy) So that can be helped with rolling the pacifier and the batbox.
After the baby has been assigned the star sign they can randomly (again marred by the faulty RNG) inherit the personality points from either parent in each category and or have a random number of points be added or redacted in each category and that can change the star sign (there used to be a website that detailed the whole process but I can't find it anymore)
So no seasons has nothing to do with it, and yes Sims can inherit their star signs from a parent, if they happen to inherit enough of their personality.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Top Secret Researcher
#5849 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 3:53 PM Last edited by StrangeTownChick : 9th Dec 2020 at 7:19 PM.
When you search for a piece of CC you know exists with very specific keywords and you don't find it. Then more general keywords and you still don't find it. Then just go into the entire category and STILL don't find it.

Edit: And then you find out that it was in your game the whole time, except it was a recolor instead of a separate object like you thought, so you thought you didn't have it when you did and could've saved yourself like an hour of looking time.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Field Researcher
#5850 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 12:34 AM Last edited by Monsieur_Oshima : 13th Dec 2020 at 12:48 AM.
When you want to recolor a nice looking piece of CC and discover that the mapping is a scattered puzzle nightmare... apparently some people like to make their life harder
Page 234 of 274