Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#28401 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Child and teen sims can still come home from school with someone
They can indeed. On their very first day back at school after their marriage (to each other), Andrew and Julian brought home two boys from the family bin. They took them both on a trip downtown. It was good to show the new boys what the neighbourhood has to offer.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28402 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 6:23 PM
Just kill them.
Mad Poster
#28403 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Just kill them.
Are you telling Andrew and Julian that they should kill the friends they bring home from school, rather than take them on an outing downtown?

I think there's a law against that -- even in Veronaville!

Andrew and Julian are shocked.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#28404 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 7:13 PM
Does any aspiration other than Knowledge get the want to be saved from Death?
Top Secret Researcher
#28405 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 7:41 PM
No, I haven't seen it. I guess knowledge sims want to know what everything is like

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Top Secret Researcher
#28406 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 2:15 AM
The hobby stuff, to make toys, sew, pottery etc., can they be used on a community lot? One that isn't owned, just a community lot sims can go to and use them.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28407 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 2:30 AM
Yes, they can. They behave normally on owned community lots when occupied by the owner, but on unowned lots sims can also come in and make things, which will go into their inventory. They'll only gain skills if using them on owned lots or the hobby lots, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#28408 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yes, they can. They behave normally on owned community lots when occupied by the owner, but on unowned lots sims can also come in and make things, which will go into their inventory. They'll only gain skills if using them on owned lots or the hobby lots, though.

Thank you

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28409 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
Thank you

And they can skill on unowned lots if you use the Skilling on Community lots mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#28410 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
And they can skill on unowned lots if you use the Skilling on Community lots mod.

I have that mod. I'm guessing they still don't gain the badges for pottery, flower arranging, sewing ... on community lots though?

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28411 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 5:26 AM
I have that mod. I'm guessing they still don't gain the badges for pottery, flower arranging, sewing ... on community lots though?

I can't say I am 100% sure on that but if you are using the modded podium or Monique's computer I would say they would be.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#28412 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I can't say I am 100% sure on that but if you are using the modded podium or Monique's computer I would say they would be.

Those I don't have.

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28413 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 5:42 AM
I couldn't play without Monique's computer. I have all the updated laptops. If you get those you need to remove the one file 'MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller.package' since that throws errors.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#28414 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 5:48 AM
I had that error for years! Didn't know where it came from.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
just a girl
#28415 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 8:22 AM

With the mod from MATY, they're supposed to gain badges as well as regular skills and hobby enthusiasm. It also does something about reputation, but I don't remember what exactly (maybe lets it accumulate on non-community lots, since I think it's the opposite by default).
Top Secret Researcher
#28416 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
With the mod from MATY, they're supposed to gain badges as well as regular skills and hobby enthusiasm. It also does something about reputation, but I don't remember what exactly (maybe lets it accumulate on non-community lots, since I think it's the opposite by default).

I'll test it out. Even if they don't it'd still be useful for poor sims.

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#28417 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 9:14 PM
Forgive me if this is obvious but when I place a call to adopt a pet, the available cats and dogs all seem the same each time. Is there a mod to do something about this? Or is there another way to adopt a pet?
Mad Poster
#28418 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 9:26 PM
What is obvious to one person is not obvious to another. No forgiveness necessary.

There's a pool of existing cats and dogs to choose from. New ones will be randomly generated (always as kittens and puppies, I believe?) You can give pets up for adoption to add them to the pool.

If you want to make your own pets to add to a family post-CAS, take them to a pet store and select the podium displaying a dog or cat. You will be taken to a CAS screen where you can choose large dog, small dog, or cat; and breed, then alter body configuration, coat, temperament, etc. as if you were making it in CAS. Only adult and elder pets can be created in this way. As a bonus, other playables who visit the pet store and interact with the podia may buy a pet while the active sim is on the lot! if so, the next time you play that house, you will have the option to accept or refuse the pet, which will then be randomly generated by the game.

If you specifically want to fill a want for a puppy or kitten, the only alternative to adoption through the phone is to breed existing pets and have them born on-lot, or to buy/be given one by another family where they have been born.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#28419 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 9:26 PM
You can create your own pet in CAS (the household doesn't require humans, just pets alone is fine too), or you can make your own pet through live mode by going to a pet store and buying a pet from the display. The last resort is adopting strays.
Forum Resident
#28420 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 11:17 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 17th Oct 2021 at 12:18 AM.
recommendations for maxis short/medium male hairs I giving strangetown of makeover and am out of ideas

Also I accidentally put Albany capp and Antonio Monty in the same outfit so which outfit should I uses instead
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28421 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Forgive me if this is obvious but when I place a call to adopt a pet, the available cats and dogs all seem the same each time. Is there a mod to do something about this? Or is there another way to adopt a pet?

The game makes puppies and kittens from townie animals 'the strays' the same way it creates babies for the adoption pool from existing townies. If you have no strays you may find the game does not generate any new puppies or kittens for the adoption pool. One way would be to adopt these adult pets and turn them into strays. Just cheat a sim some money, adopt and use the Simlogical cat teleporter or simblender to make stray. Then you will start getting puppies and kittens.

If you want a good variety of looks be sure to use the puppy and kitten coat marking mod.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#28422 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 2:19 AM
RE Pets: Whenever I try the adoption pool for a pet, there is only ONE big dog, and one cat..both mean/dirty/etc. I always pick a few families (prefer them to have toddlers), make a pair of animals for them, and give the first kittens/puppies up for adoption.. I especially like this for my alien hoods; I can start breeding florescent hippos, or tigers, or horned dogs, or one-eyed cats...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#28423 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 2:23 AM
If there is only one pet to be adopted, you probably have some no respawn hack that is preventing more from being generated.
Mad Poster
#28424 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
recommendations for maxis short/medium male hairs I giving strangetown of makeover and am out of ideas

Also I accidentally put Albany capp and Antonio Monty in the same outfit so which outfit should I uses instead

Put them on the same lot. When they fight, note who wins. That's who gets to keep the outfit.

Lab Assistant
#28425 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 8:51 AM
Just randomly remembered the volleyball net from The Sims 1 "vacation... something" EP. That was pretty awesome. I wonder why that was never put into The Sims 2.
Page 1137 of 1339