Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 11:58 PM
Okay, I've now read your message multiple times, and I'm at a loss. I've been referring folks to the fix underweight bones option in the menu in #46 and no one else has reported they can't find it there.

Are you getting an error when trying to export from milkshape? Because it will write a .simpe file that won't be complete if it gives you an error message. You will have to fix that and export again until it does the export w/o any messages. (yes, I have had that happen myself, when my morph did not match; after I fixed it I had to tell it to write over the old unfinished SimPE file)

If this doesn't actually help you get going, please post some screenshots of your menus and copy down exact error messages and describe the steps leading up to that as thoroughly as possible - part of what had me delay this response is that my crystal ball was a bit foggy and I had to wait until I got some idea of what to suggest based on your limited descriptions of problems.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 3rd May 2006 at 12:20 PM
Thank you so much for the tutorial! It was pretty easy going and I understood most of it at first glance. My only problem is as follows (and knowing me I more than likely did something stupid and simple that it will be easy to fix!) In Milkshape, the dress looks perfect, the dangly thing is gone and I exported that. I replaced the correct file in simPE, saved the whole thing, closed SimPE and went into body shop to check out my new creation (by this point I'd been working on the tutorial for the last 2 hours to make sure I got everything just right like in the tutorial!) - lo and behold - there's that dangly thing still there on my mesh - I don't understand what I did wrong because I followed the tutorial to the T!

Is there possibly anything I could have done wrong to the actual mesh file or in simPE?

Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks
Test Subject
#78 Old 4th May 2006 at 1:05 AM
Da.... Blah sim pe crashed on me during tut now i cant run body shop Ideas?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#79 Old 4th May 2006 at 1:07 AM
Um, you're going to have to be a lot more descriptive before anyone can help you with your problem, modstudent. SimPE crashed on you... during what part of the tutorial? What crash message did it give you? Now you can't run Body Shop because SimPE crashed? That doesn't make a lot of sense. What error message(s) are you getting from Body Shop now?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#80 Old 4th May 2006 at 1:15 AM
Um, again, what is Body Shop doing? Just not responding ever, not coming up, crashing with an error, what? And what were the errors that SimPE gave you when it crashed? "Doesn't work" is not something anyone can fix. My crystal ball is rather cloudy today, so I'm going to need a detailed description of the errors you've been getting in order to be able to give you any solutions.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 4th May 2006 at 2:51 AM
SimoneA, let's see.

1) When you are in simpe, if you click on the geometric data container, and in the plugin click on the preview button does the dress look good (you can use your mouse to spin it around)

2) assuming it does.... when you're looking in bodyshop, you're asking to make a 'new project' (not looking at the old one) and then looking for the dress there?

3) If #1 and #2 are both yes, try the part where you put the modified shape and cres into the file in your SAVED SIMS folder over again.
Test Subject
#82 Old 4th May 2006 at 9:07 AM
Default Where are my custom meshes?
Hello all, new to this forum, and after completing the tutorial several times I thought I would try editing a custom mesh, in this case one of the bodybuilder meshes for clothing. after doing the bodyshop export thing, and the opening the new package in simpe, it's always the wrong mesh. Seems to always be one of the original maxis meshes or something. I've tried several times with different meshes and always the same thing. This didn't seem to be a problem until after I installed the NightLife EP. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim
Test Subject
#83 Old 4th May 2006 at 9:11 AM
Hi Tiggerypum,

I tried again last night and got tired and frustrated . Thanks so much for the reply, I'll try those when I get home from work tonight!!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 4th May 2006 at 3:19 PM
yooperjim, three important things:

1) You shouldn't edit anyone's modified mesh _unless_ you have their permission. I don't know what the bodybuilder mesh policies are, so I'm just stating that

2) You installed those meshes into the game. So you will have the actual mesh file in your downloads folder or saved sims or whatever subfolder you put it in

3) Once a Maxis mesh has been edited, there is no promise that it _can_ be opened up using just any tools. The different packages used to edit the Maxis files create new gdmcs that will load in the game, but are not necessarily identical to the original Maxis files. As such, you might need to know which tools were used to create the original meshes and use the same tools. The person who made the mesh can tell you that, it if was not in the readme/info file. (assuming #1 is true)
Test Subject
#85 Old 4th May 2006 at 9:04 PM
Default Ooops!
Sorry about that. I didn't know about editing someone elses mesh. How does one make clothing meshes for other peoples meshes, or are you just allowed to recolor?

Jim
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 4th May 2006 at 9:24 PM
Usually people allow recoloring (especially for things posted here if the recolors are also posted here). Use bodyshop for that. If you did want to make a new mesh shape, contact the creator. Usually they don't bite
Test Subject
#87 Old 5th May 2006 at 3:22 PM
I'm the kind of person that considers herself lucky if she can actually find the button to turn the computer on, but i found this tutorial easy to do and i actually got what i was supposed to when i finished. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#88 Old 5th May 2006 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
SimoneA, let's see.

1) When you are in simpe, if you click on the geometric data container, and in the plugin click on the preview button does the dress look good (you can use your mouse to spin it around)

2) assuming it does.... when you're looking in bodyshop, you're asking to make a 'new project' (not looking at the old one) and then looking for the dress there?

3) If #1 and #2 are both yes, try the part where you put the modified shape and cres into the file in your SAVED SIMS folder over again.

Hi tiggerypum,

I was being such a total idiot! I think it could have been one of two problems that I "over looked" by accident of course!

1) I had body shop AND SimPE running - not sure if that could have been the problem but it could have been!

2) I had about 3 of the same files in my downloads file so I think they may have been conflicting in some way or the other!

The reason I know that it HAS to be one of those two problems, I tried again today and something just said to me to go look in my downloads folder and saved sims folder and delete all but one copy of the file and it worked!! I got it all right and I had no problems at all!!

I've also created my first skirt! I was so proud of myself I couldn't stop bouncing around the house - I think my dogs thought I was crazy - and it's all thanks to your VERY easy to follow tutorial.

THANK YOU so much for it!!
Field Researcher
#89 Old 8th May 2006 at 1:11 PM
Wooohooo. I did it, I did it. Thanks so much Tiggerypum for your great tutorial. It felt great to do something like this. I feel not so stupid now. Thanks again
Test Subject
#90 Old 10th May 2006 at 6:45 PM
I would love to try!! it looks so fantastic... but... does milkshape cost anything? Did you pay? Ö
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 10th May 2006 at 8:17 PM
Yes, Milkshape is $25 to register it, last I looked. A very inexpensive deal, but not free. It's got a free trial, but being as it takes time to learn how to use it well, I don't really recommend starting unless you will be able to register it.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 14th May 2006 at 8:38 PM
Hi, I used the tutorial to change a mesh that was done by TBWitholt and abandoned here. I then asked Marvine to see if she could get them working which she did. Unfortunately TB did them with things like belt buckles and ties etc in the mesh making them very restricted when applying a texture. I was trying to remove the belt on the jeans mesh with mixed results. Could you take a look at the file below and see if you can tell where I went wrong? How do I fix it???
Thanks much,
Sandy http://rapidshare.de/files/20460608...ot.package.html
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 15th May 2006 at 5:14 AM
Hello,
I got an answer to the mesh problem on another site. Now I need some direction on UV mapping. On another thread here someone said the mapper in milkshape doesn't quite work like it should. I already started working on it in milkshape with mixed results. Should I continue in milkshape. I am having problems with the boots.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 15th May 2006 at 6:05 AM
The uvmapper in milkshape works just fine. I have no idea how they had mapped the boots already.... but I don't see why it should be a problem in milkshape. There's several different tutorials on site that give info on adjusting uvmaps or even uvmapping new parts (or reuvmapping parts if you need), try looking at the one I wrote and the one Dr. Pixel about the shoes and I hope that helps.
Scholar
#95 Old 22nd May 2006 at 3:15 PM
Please Help
Um.......I was at the last step where you replace the Geomatric Data or w/e, and when it says SHOULD SimPE REUPLOAD IT i click YES and it says Error: File Or Assemble Name Microsoft.Direct.X. or one of its dependincies, were not found

soo close...help me finish.........
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 22nd May 2006 at 8:31 PM
Go back to the SimPE site and make sure you have all the necessary parts installed, there's info there about which Direct X you need.
Test Subject
#97 Old 24th May 2006 at 5:36 AM
Worked perfectly!!! YOU ROCK Thanks
Test Subject
#98 Old 25th May 2006 at 10:35 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 25th May 2006 at 10:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Khyron6
Worked perfectly!!! YOU ROCK Thanks

Germany info: :lovestruc

Also die Anleitung ist Super gemacht, Selbst wenn man nicht die English Sprache Beherrschen sollte. Kann mit der Bilderanleitung, jeden fahl das Ziel Erreichen. Hochachtung an dem Beiden , die diese Anleitung zusammengestellt haben.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen aus Germany

Thanks for Germany --- PowerSTAI.

Tiggerypum (moderator) edits:
It says thank you and other nice things.
Please in the future post on the boards in English, it's part of the site rules
Test Subject
#99 Old 26th May 2006 at 9:38 PM
Default Thanks.
I thought this was very helpful. thanks to all who helped!:::
Test Subject
#100 Old 29th May 2006 at 9:05 PM Last edited by The doctor : 29th May 2006 at 9:06 PM. Reason: bunnys
It wont show the afbodydresslongloose_grayline type thing any where on it :
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: New, updated tutorial available.
Page 4 of 28