Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM by HugeLunatic : adding supercollection instructions

1048 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 755 Feedback Posts, 292 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 42
#76 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 8:03 AM
An Idea....
Numenor, as I understand it, BaseGameStarter, AnyGameStarter, and ColorEnableProgram are all three your work. True?

If so, is there any way that either [or both!]:

A. The installer for CEP could detect AGS, detect the AGS configuration, and automaticaly populate the existing AGS configurations with appropriate CEP Extras?

B. The AGS configuration editor [Is there one? I don`t have AGS!] could detect CEP, and automaticaly populate new [or even existing!] configurations with appropriate CEP extras?

I`m more of a programmer than a moder, so it seems to me that this should be possible, even fairly easy, especially to someone who has as much programming experience as you appear to have.

If I`ve mis-estimated your awesome capabilities, I`d gladly collaborate with you on this idea.
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 2:18 PM Last edited by groovilicious : 4th Oct 2008 at 2:26 PM.
Default Two zCEP-EXTRA folders in game?
When doing a search to make sure I had the latest CEP version installed, I discovered I have 2 zCEP-extra folders in my game... just wanted to check to be sure that was proper/supposed to be like that...
C:\Documents and Settings\Me\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\zCEP-EXTRA (date created 5/12/08)
and
C:\Documents and Settings\Me\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\zCEP-EXTRA (date created 9/26/08)
It seems to me that the one in my Downloads folder is the previous CEP extra version, while the one in my Sims 2 folder is the current CEP version. Did I do something wrong when I installed? I appears they contain the same files... The only reason this is a concern for me is because my game capacity is huge-I'm a download-a-holic, so anything that's taking up extra space would be helpful for me to remove... Also, not knowing where the actual CEP file is, I don't know if I have a conflict going on... If there is a conflict, it hasn't caused any apparent problems with my game running. I hope this makes sense... Any information will be appreciated!

EDIT: I looked up the files names in Post 3, and it appears I have the proper versions of the 'EnableColorOptions' file in the proper places, so can I just delete the zCEP-EXTRA folder that's in my Downloads folder-leaving the one that's in \The Sims 2 directory?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#78 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by groovilicious
EDIT: I looked up the files names in Post 3, and it appears I have the proper versions of the 'EnableColorOptions' file in the proper places, so can I just delete the zCEP-EXTRA folder that's in my Downloads folder-leaving the one that's in \The Sims 2 directory?

Yes that's correct- the zCEP-Extra folder goes in Documents\ EA Games\ The Sims 2. Make sure that you have the latest files in all places.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 4:27 PM
Ok, thanks for the quick and kind response! Let me just be sure... the zCEP-EXTRA folder that's located in my Downloads directory is superfluous and can be deleted - yes?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#80 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 7:08 PM
Yes it is. But also please check the following: you should have a folder entitled zCEP-EXTRA in Program Files\ EA GAMES\ The Sims 2\ TSData\ Res\ Catalog; a file called _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package in your Documents\ EA Games\ The Sims 2 folder, and also a file called _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package in Program Files\ EA GAMES\ The Sims 2\ TSData\ Res\ Sims3D. If not then I'd suggest to reinstall the CEP.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 7:27 PM
All is the same as you listed except _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package is in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

and an extra zCEP-EXTRA folder in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads in addition to the one in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder....

I guess I should note that I used the self-installer for v9.0, and did NOT do an uninstall for the May 2008 version... I'm guessing this is what caused the duplicate zCEP-EXTRA folder?

Thank you again for your help! I appreciate you!
Field Researcher
#82 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 8:26 PM
hello...
I keep getting an error 500 internal server error
I need it to download sallyhails Baby Lamb Nursery, it's sooooo cute.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 9:00 PM
Groovilicious - As far as I remember, neither the installer v. 9.0, nor any previous versions should install a "zCEP-EXTRA" into the Downloads; the only correct path is:
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims\zCEP-EXTRA.
I confirm SimSample's suggestion: the zCEP-EXTRA in your Downloads must be removed; and then, please reinstall the CEP v. 9.0, and tell me if by mistake it created again a zCEP-EXTRA into your Downloads.

As a side note: in addition to the three elements listed by SimSample, there is a second zCEP-EXTRA folder in:
(Program Files)\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog
I'm specifying this, in case you stumble into this additional zCEP-EXTRA and mistakenly delete it -

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 7:04 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 13th Oct 2008 at 11:18 PM.
I realized that all CEP subsets on doors and windows can't be recolored when placed diagonally, unlike those which were recolorable by default. Like glass subset on OFB International set, for example. Can it be addressed by the next CEP?

Oh and there's something wrong in glass subset of OpenMe Door and Easy Swing Door. The default recolor is not automatically selected.

ETA: The diagonal mesh of AL 2-tiled Security Gate Door is b0rked.

I feel like piling more and more work on your already-full plate... Sorry
Screenshots

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 1:57 PM
Lord Darcy, your reports are arways useful and extremely well-accepted

As for the CEP-recolourable doors, there is a known limitation with the diagonals. You surely know that each diagonal is "slave" of its own straight version; but for a subset to be "slave", the game needs it to have a single-part name (e.g. "glass"), and doesn't accept multi-part names (e.g. "glass_clear" or "doorvalue_glass_clear"). The CEP must work on all those subsets that Maxis decided not to make recolourable; and - for unknown reasons - Maxis always assigns to such subsets multi-part names. This makes impossible to fully enslave the diagonal to the straight mesh, forcing the users (but not always) to use the Design Tool over the diagonal after placing it on the wall.

I'm not sure (I will check) if this applies to the OpenMe and EasySwing doors as well.

Regarding the diagonal Security Gate, I have added this problem to the to-do list Thanks!

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#86 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 3:16 PM
Thanks for this update Numenor, but I had a problem before and after installing v9. Here is what happened before. I created an apartment lot, but the mailbox wouldn't change. I found through various sources that I must have some sort of mailbox hack and that was the culprit. I opened up Download Manager and did a search for everything related to "mail" and moved them out of the Downloads folder. I went back in the game and the mailbox was the apartment type as it should be, but a lot of the recolors were screwed up. Some were blue (not blinking blue, just blue) and some weren't even what they were when I placed them (a tree swing had turned into a la-z boy, etc). So I went searching for answers. I then noticed there was a new CEP. So, I installed it. After installing the objects were back in business, but the mailbox was now back to being a residential box instead of an apartment box. I did another search for "mail" with the DM, but nothing shows up. Could this be a bug with CEP9? Just curious as I'd like the mailbox problem to go away as it is quite annoying.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 5:50 PM Last edited by Numenor : 9th Nov 2008 at 1:24 AM. Reason: Fix now included in CEP 9.1
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
ETA: The diagonal mesh of AL 2-tiled Security Gate Door is b0rked.

The doorsecuritygatetwotilediagonal-0-0-0-se-wallmask is a second doorsecuritygatetwotilediagonal-1e-1n-0-se-wallmask texture.

Fix Attached.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 6:27 PM
Magic Havelock! You save me a lot of time (and I confess I'm not working on the CEP with the efforts it would require )

Thanks a lot!

Test Subject
#89 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 11:58 PM
Trying to install CEP v.9 I end up with a BSOD, everytime i get to the end of the install. I have also tried doing the manual install. Am I doing something wrong? Or perhaps some kind of conflict?
Field Researcher
#90 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 2:32 AM
The latest CEP doesn't show the recolors of the child's toy oven. I cannot use the design tool to access the missing colors either.

I didn't see this mentioned in the thread. Maybe you already know about it and plan to include it in a future update, but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by magicmoon
The latest CEP doesn't show the recolors of the child's toy oven. I cannot use the design tool to access the missing colors either.
Toy Oven works fine in my game. Without CEP-Extra, you can use only 5 default Maxis colors, as K&B broke all existing custom recolors by changing subset name.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 9:36 AM Last edited by Numenor : 6th Oct 2008 at 9:45 AM.
Zenguin - Maybe your download is corrupted? Try redownloading.

Magicmoon - My fault Originally, the toy oven was made recolourable in the "core" CEP files (installed in any game), but now it is released as a separate Extra. Problem is, this extra is not selectable in the Extras list while installing, if you don't have K&B or IKEA (and you don't have them, right?). I need to remove this check (in the next update), and allow to anyone to install the Toy Oven extra.

Instructor
#93 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 3:42 PM
Thank you again!!! What would we do without your wonderful works?!! Such a great creator-I admire you so much!
thanks much,
Skye

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Groovilicious - As far as I remember, neither the installer v. 9.0, nor any previous versions should install a "zCEP-EXTRA" into the Downloads; the only correct path is:
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims\zCEP-EXTRA.
I confirm SimSample's suggestion: the zCEP-EXTRA in your Downloads must be removed; and then, please reinstall the CEP v. 9.0, and tell me if by mistake it created again a zCEP-EXTRA into your Downloads.

As a side note: in addition to the three elements listed by SimSample, there is a second zCEP-EXTRA folder in:
(Program Files)\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog
I'm specifying this, in case you stumble into this additional zCEP-EXTRA and mistakenly delete it -

I deleted the extraneous zCEP-EXTRA folder without incident. I will do a re-install of v9.0 and post back to let you know if an extra CEP folder is created. I had read in the beginning of the thread (post 3 or 4) that the other zCEP-EXTRA was supposed to be in the Program Files>>>>Catalog, so I left that one alone, thank you kind sir! :lovestruc

EDIT: Before I do the re-install, do you want me to UN-install? ~~I *think* I saw an uninstaller somewhere~~
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#95 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 6:24 PM
Oh IKEA Leksvik coffee table is still not recolorable.
Will you fix IKEA objects?

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
#96 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 6:41 PM
The painting subset of "Rue de Fleur by Claude Magnus" painting (Painting - Horizontal - French Romantic) from K&B stuff pack is not recolorable. Only frame subset is recolor-enabled by default, which is ridiculous. Could you make painting subset recolorable as well?

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 10:36 PM
Groovilicious: if the installer does not create that extraneous zCEP-EXTRA in Downloads, then you can keep the CEP in your game, and thanks for your report.

Ailias, Lord Darcy: requests added to the to-do list

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#98 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by groovilicious
I had read in the beginning of the thread (post 3 or 4) that the other zCEP-EXTRA was supposed to be in the Program Files>>>>Catalog, so I left that one alone, thank you kind sir!

I had remembered to mention that bit too, honest guv! It was in my post.

n8h@wk, your issues sound like you have all sorts of custom content issues- it's likely you've deleted some meshes, and still have a custom mailbox in there somewhere. You need to sort out your CC to find out exactly what you have and what you don't need, to cure your issues. It's not caused by the CEP at all. Take a look at these articles:
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php..._Custom_Content
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php..._up_Incorrectly

Havelock, thankyou for your fixes!
Test Subject
#99 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 3:02 AM
i have the pc version and all the add ons, but the game wont run with CEP installed, it will run once after it is installed the thats the only time.
Field Researcher
#100 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor

Magicmoon - My fault Originally, the toy oven was made recolourable in the "core" CEP files (installed in any game), but now it is released as a separate Extra. Problem is, this extra is not selectable in the Extras list while installing, if you don't have K&B or IKEA (and you don't have them, right?). I need to remove this check (in the next update), and allow to anyone to install the Toy Oven extra.

You got it exactly right. Thanks. I'll watch for the update.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Page 4 of 42