Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 9:25 PM
Apartment project
I´ve been inspired by a picture I found on the internet. Three days and one neck pain later... Think I could use some advice.

Thre is also 2 shops at the 1st floor.

-What are your sims looking for when renting a apartment?
-Not sure what to do with the back of this building.
-I just hate thinking names. Onestreet a 11? ...yeah, no.
-The floorplan is still unfinished. How many rooms?
-Should I build something more than just a carage on the underground level?

I´m sorry about the pictures. It´s tired and I´m late... uhm no wait.. zzz
I´ll try to give you better ones tomorrow.

P.S the picture I use as my model is quite small and since there was no pics of the floorplans I´m partly making this from my head as Í´m going.

One really blonde Llama
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 10:06 PM
That is really nice. I don't know how it would play-probably rather badly due to size and height. Last time I built a large apartment it crawled even on speed three. So if I was building something like that I wouldn't furnish it, or only the lower floors.

I wouldn't worry about the dirt as that is really under the building.

With the back I think you need something decorative. Maybe some lit up letters with the name of the apartment like Sunlight Apartments or something.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 10:18 PM
Maybe for the back of the apartment, some multicolor wall paint behind? Like make a pattern with the color walls behind.

You should show us what the interior looks like too, even if it's unfinished, so we can guess how many units we can guess be placed inside. Along with what the floor plan looks like with elevators (I'm guessing you'll be using elevators, right?).

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 11:29 PM
I really like this

If you're uploading to MTS apartments must be furnished, even if only sparsely.
Alchemist
#5 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 10:03 AM
Just a small faq from the wiki FYI:

One apartment can only be occupied by up to four different households, no matter how many apartment units are available. This means, once all four slots have been rented by four playable households, the other units will be occupied by a social group townie.

That may change how you want to set out your units, it may not, eityher way the complex looks really good, and Karen is indeed correct in saying you have to furnish with the basic in ALL units when you want to upload.

Also to make sure, you dont have any doors leading from rooms to that parking area do you? As it wont work if you do!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 3:51 PM Last edited by Aucaria : 29th Jan 2013 at 6:12 PM. Reason: more pictures added
Thank you.

P.S I forgot to say, I´m tying to make this without using any CC.

-To joandsarah77: Thanks. Good suggestion. (lwriting the buildings name), would look nice. Perhaps I´ll put a link to suitable cc if people want to use the idea.

-To d dgjdhh: Just trying to get some better pics for you.

-Once this is done, I naturally do a play test with a copy! + put info about my computer so people can compare.

-To karen lorraine: Currently I´m doing some furnishing to see how things fit. But when uploding I´m thinking leaving just features. I hope it speeds up entering this lot.

-To ekrubynaffit: Don´t worry. There are no doors to the carage from the units. I just putted an elevator. It leads up to the yard.
Screenshots

One really blonde Llama
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 6:15 PM
Some progress made.

-The back of the building is now different (still unfinished). I added elevators from ground level up till the second highest level.
-Started putting stairs.
-I´m thinking the room down in the carage could be used by sims who like to tinker.

Thats enough for today.
Screenshots

One really blonde Llama
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 6:59 PM
It's looking good You are going to furnish all the apartments aren't you?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 9:21 PM
I think it's only the four liveable apartments that must be furnished, or that's how I took it. I'd make the rest deco with regular doors to help with loading and lag.

The basement looks good.

I think the back looks good like that. Less/no cc is always a good thing.

I'd do something with the roof area, it looks a bit boring. How about a small roof top garden?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think it's only the four liveable apartments that must be furnished, or that's how I took it. I'd make the rest deco with regular doors to help with loading and lag.

But the furniture becomes hidden once a sim resides in one of them, doesn't it? That should automatically help with the lagging. Though, it does become visible once you try to greet a sim and enter their apartments.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 9:45 PM
If every single apartment is furnished with an apartment door townies will move into everyone of them. So yeah, it's more the apartment doors allowing as many townies as are doors that causes the worst of the lag not the furniture. I had an apartment with 20 doors and everyone attracted a townie and it played like a snail.

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#12 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 10:23 PM
This is taken from the Creator Guidelines:

'You may upload a furnished or unfurnished lot. However, the images you upload must show the house as it will appear when installed. If you furnish the lot to show how a house could be furnished, but packaged the lot unfurnished, you must list this in the description.

If you have built apartments for the Apartment Life expansion, your apartments must be furnished. This is the way apartments were intended to be built - downloaders shouldn't have to use cheats to use your apartment. You can lightly furnish an apartment - that is, all the basic fixtures, counters, plumbing, appliances, etc., plus beds, couches, tables, etc., without going all out and fully decorating the whole thing with plants and pictures and the like, but please make your furnishings functional and liveable.'
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#13 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 10:46 PM
I'd suggest making several floors inaccessible to sims, as well as limiting the number of apartment doors. Apartments must be furnished, but if you leave them inaccessible and without apartment doors, there is no need to furnish. This just needs to be stated and clearly shown in your screenshots.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
This is taken from the Creator Guidelines:

'You may upload a furnished or unfurnished lot. However, the images you upload must show the house as it will appear when installed. If you furnish the lot to show how a house could be furnished, but packaged the lot unfurnished, you must list this in the description.

If you have built apartments for the Apartment Life expansion, your apartments must be furnished. This is the way apartments were intended to be built - downloaders shouldn't have to use cheats to use your apartment. You can lightly furnish an apartment - that is, all the basic fixtures, counters, plumbing, appliances, etc., plus beds, couches, tables, etc., without going all out and fully decorating the whole thing with plants and pictures and the like, but please make your furnishings functional and liveable.'

Yes the four liveable apartments which is what downloader’s are going to use. I’m talking about the rest of the apartments. The rest just attracts social townies. It's scary when you get a lag and realize about 20-25 townies are descending upon your newly opened apartment block. After that happened with its associated crawl like play speed I had to rethink how I made apartments.

What HL said is what I meant.

~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: good advice for apartment builders.