Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#176 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:37 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Jul 2018 at 2:24 AM.
I'm back with the Pet Stories neighborhoods, cleaned and emptied!

Again, just like with Life Stories neighborhoods, DON'T put into a TS2 game.. this is still an experimental approach. See here
But they're fine to use in Sims Pet Stories, of course!

You can put these alongside the original neighborhoods, they'll play as additional Free Play neighborhoods.
But for the Story rewards, you have to go through the story!

Now, only Riverblossom Hills/Desiderata Valley/Belladonna Cove are missing... I'm almost threre! Yay!

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I'm back with the Pet Stories neighborhoods, cleaned and emptied!

Again, just like with Life Stories neighborhoods, DON'T put into a TS2 game.. this is still an experimental approach. See here
But they're fine to use in Sims Pet Stories, of course!

You can put these alongside the original neighborhoods, they'll play as additional Free Play neighborhoods.
But for the Story rewards, you have to go through the story!

Now, only Riverblossom Hills/Desiderata Valley/Belladonna Cove are missing... I'm almost threre! Yay!

I think you should use the warning symbol here for this.

DON'T put into a TS2 game.. For Pets Stories game only.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#178 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 8:42 PM
Thanks! I did that now...
Only Riverblossom Hills/Desiderata Valley and Belladonna Cove are missing... I can't believe I'm about to finish this soon!

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Instructor
#179 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:23 PM
Sorry to ask, but why can't these neighbourhoods be put in a TS2 game? I remember playing Arbor Falls, my favourite hood from Pet Stories, in my previous game before losing all my data. I googled and can't seem to find the download again, so maybe it was removed.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#180 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 7:40 PM
@Yvelotic2001

There's a NPC controller data (dog show judge) which doesn't exist in TS2. So, importing a Pet Stories neighborhood into TS2 clashes with the NPC controllers, since in TS2, the NPC type number used for dog show judges is used for another NPC (I think housekeeper NPC). And even if you only have all EPs up to Pets but nothing more, there'd still be a missing instance for NPC controllers which could cause corruption.

This is why, we decided to rebuild the Pet Stories neighorhoods just like the Life Stories neighborhoods: Four Corners and Bitville.
The recreated Pet Stories neighborhoods for TS2 are still in the works, though.

My Simblr
Instructor
#181 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:07 PM
Ok, thanks for your explanation! I'm looking froward for your recreations though!
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 10:47 AM Last edited by GneissGuy : 27th Jun 2018 at 1:53 PM.
Any idea when you'll be able to give us your clean and empty versions of Riverblossom, Belladonna and Desiderata?
And for that matter when the Pet Stories recreations for TS2 that you just mentioned are likely to be available? Thx
Mad Poster
#183 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 11:14 AM
The Pet Stories recreations are available - just click on the links in the post.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#184 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 9:08 AM
@GneissGuy

The only templates that are missing are the ones you listed. Once I finish them as well, I'll do an official update page.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#185 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:34 PM Last edited by AlexandraSpears : 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:46 AM.
I've managed to import the Free Play neighborhood into TS2 a while back (though I think I forgot how offhand LOL). Bitville and the scripted Four Corners are trickier.

You can import floor and wall coverings from LS. I've done that. If nothing else so I have more variety.

Thanks for doing this project! Yeah, I miss Mootilda too.

I also came up with an issue for downloading...7Zip wouldn't let me unzip it into the proper folders. So I did a workaround...I created a temporary folder to unzip them into and copied/pasted from there. For those files, on my computer anyway, you need "admin approval" to move those files (no problem). Maybe that's why it wouldn't let me unzip it directly into their respective directories...?

So...I have the main hoods and stealth hoods ready to go, now I'm going to go give it a try. Also, I loaded up the original neighborhoods and used SimPE to extract my favorite Sims. Lots of times there may be one or two Sims from each hood I really like, but not the rest.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Field Researcher
#186 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 8:24 AM
Jawusa, in this thread (post#69) you wrote:
"If you want empty Belladonna Cove, I have a copy of it here http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=544800
It still says testers wanted but the testing's actually over. I just can't get myself to upload them officially."
I can't find it; is that still true, or did you decide to pull it until you were ready to release your final version?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#187 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 11:27 AM
I was... but then I decided to re-do everything from scratch to make it even more cleaner.
Once I finish all of the neighborhoods, I'll upload them all at once.

And so far, only Riverblossom Hills, Desiderata Valley and Belladonna Cove are missing.
I'll do them soon, I promise. This thread is very very old... it's getting more and more confusing.

And now that you ask for them, that motivates me in doing them now. So... stay tuned!

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#188 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Jul 2018 at 2:25 AM.
@croiduire
@natboopsie

So, here's Belladonna Cove emptied and cleaned.
This one was a little bit more complex than the other neighborhoods, which is why it took a little longer than expected.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#189 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 6:31 PM
:lovestruc Squee!!! (does happy dance whilst downloading)
Thank you so very much for ALL of these!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#190 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 8:33 PM
Thank YOU for giving me motivation for doing this today! LOL!

Now, only Riverblossom Hills and Desiderata Valley need to be done... and this project is finished for real! :lovestruc

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#191 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:11 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Jul 2018 at 2:25 AM.
So... here's the clean and empty Riverblossom Hills neighborhood.
Now, only Desiderata Valley has to be cleaned and emptied and then, I'm ready for the official upload.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#192 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 5:07 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Jul 2018 at 2:25 AM.
And here we have clean and empty Desiderata Valley.

OMG! I can't believe I have all of EA's neighborhoods now! :lovestruc
Now, I'm about to prepare the official upload thread. I'm so excited!

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#193 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:30 AM Last edited by croiduire : 20th Jul 2018 at 12:47 AM.
Congratulations and huuuugs!!!!
What a huge job! All I can say is thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!! :lovestruc
I wish I could click "love" a hundred times.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#194 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 1:24 PM
Why, thank YOU for giving me the extra motivation I needed to complete this project.
This wouldn't be finished for years if you didn't do that. LOL!

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:36 PM
Jawusa, you're awesome. I am so pleased you've finished this project; I have numerous ideas for things I want to do with these both in my own game, and also other uploads I want to create that will only be possible because of your efforts! I'm sure there are others who will benefit from this enormously too; I hope you won't mind being credited a lot. Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#196 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:51 PM
I downloaded these recently (have yet to download the last 3 hoods, about to do that). I now have an empty Bluewater Village, but when you go to Florence Delarosa's house, it's still showing that there's a home-based business, and Professor Von Ball indicates it's not safe to delete. Just thought I'd let you know. (Not that I play that lot, ever.)

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#197 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 2:14 AM
@AlexandraSpears

Well... that's strange. In my game, this does not happen.
Did you move in a sim? Or... how did you find this to happen?
Screenshots

My Simblr
Forum Resident
#198 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 12:47 PM
Jawusa, just saw your mention of me and came here to find you're done! Thank you from me also for finishing this project. I was prepared to wait indefinitely, because wonderful things are worth waiting for. Don't have time to test them soon (and probably won't for many months, because of real life). But you can bet I'll be looking forward to using them!

Really appreciate all your time spent.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
#199 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 9:46 AM
Hi. So, if I have the game installed already and I have played in a hood (pleasantview) Do I need to delete the folders before I put yours in? Seems you say "don't merge/replace files" but I want to double check.
Also, I find the description of the differences between default and non default very confusing. If I want the neighborhoods with lots, but no premade sims or townies, which do I download? Thanks.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#200 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 4:03 PM
@Daleylife

It depends ond whether you still want to keep the original hood or not.
If you want to play Pleasantview as it is with its sims, but also want to have an empty copy alongside it, you should get the non-default version.

The default version is for those who want to replace the original hoods; however, if you do this, make sure to remove the files. Don't merge the files.
Also, please post in the main thread instead to keep things more organised. I might not see your question otherwise.

My Simblr
Page 8 of 9