Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 11:16 AM
I am in the process of creating my first career. I only have 2 more descriptions to do but i'm not sure i have enough sanity to write out 100 chance cards! can i make it so that i only need to write out less? i mean, can i just write out same sex cards or something?
Advertisement
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 5:37 PM
Aniram2010- how does what work? The editor? Biduou's editor? Bidou's editor I can help with, although I'm a bit challenged in the SimPE department.

flippinmental- Well, when I say 100 cards, I should say 50 male and 50 female. What is common is that you write cards for male, then replace the appropriate words for females, i.e. $me and his best friend for male would become $me and her best friend for the female card. This halves career creation time.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 12:13 AM
Hi!
I have a question.
Do you have to have 50 chance chards? Or can it only be 20...like one for each level and then one for male and female. so then ten male and ten female.??

♥kelsey♥
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:59 PM
Chance card structure is a little bit more complex than that- each level requires a bare minimun (a real bare minimun) of 3 cards (for one gender)- one description, one option that goes right on both accounts, and another that goes wrong on both accounts. That means you have to write 30 cards (I knew GCSE Maths would come in handy ). HOWEVER- in my honest opinion, if you write a career, you do it properly, the real deal- full cards for all levels. If you look at any of my careers you'll rarely find a card that has less than 4 lines (although some may be less when I felt a little lazy).
Careers are basically a load of text. The whole point of a career is to be read- and so you need to write good. It takes some time I know (boy do I know) but it's really worth it in the end

Test Subject
#55 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 3:29 PM
Youve got me really confused couldnt u explain it simplier
Part-time Hermit
#56 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 3:39 PM
SSSoooSSS, you need to be more specific about which part exactly you're confused about.
Test Subject
#57 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 4:08 PM
Im confused about the descriptions and chance cards bit.

Hilary Duff on the sims 2 pets!
yay
Test Subject
#58 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 9:52 PM
How do you open Bidou's carreer editor, it's blanked out in SimPE for me. hmmm.
Part-time Hermit
#59 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 9:54 PM
Did you download the base careers from the SimPE site?
Test Subject
#60 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:35 PM
Thankyou! I just did it - checks if it works - Yay! Thankyou so much again.
Test Subject
#61 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:25 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 1st Aug 2006 at 1:44 PM. Reason: edited to remove all caps
Hello I was just wondering if you could tell me what SimPE is?

Hilary Duff on the sims 2 pets!
yay
Part-time Hermit
#62 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 1:45 PM
SimPE is a tool you can find here.
Test Subject
#63 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 11:46 PM
Default Question about career uniform meshes
Does anyone have any information about how to include custom body meshes for careers so that there can be a variety of body types in the career uniforms instead of the default "normalsim" bodies for all sims?
Part-time Hermit
#64 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 4:36 AM
See this tutorial.
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 10:19 PM
Well this helped me a lot but I have a question, what does PE stand for?

I love adam and andrew because I must be Emo.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 10:21 PM
PE- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PE

Which PE are you talking about? If it's SimPE, they stand for Package Editor.

Test Subject
#67 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 10:26 PM
yup thats the one thank you.

I love adam and andrew because I must be Emo.
Test Subject
#68 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 6:35 PM
Default No chance card
Hi superfly: i have an assasin career that i ve created in spanish(im spanish) and in the bidous editor i ve put 100% chance of happening in the chance cards, but anyone appears, only using the cheats you ve said. I want to post it in other mods pages in spanish but i would like if the chance cards appear. Thanks
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Carrera_asesino.rar (24.4 KB, 18 downloads)
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 12:45 PM
agalagarto, the problem you're having is that you've written the text into the English text boxes. I haven't played with it yet, but from looking in bidou's editor I am pretty sure that if I did use it ingame, I would be able to view the cards with no problem. I'm pretty sure I know how to correct this, so I'll post up the modified file later on today

Test Subject
#70 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 6:23 PM
ok thanks superfly. i ll wait the time it s necesary
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 12:02 AM
shist+c+ctrl? No, I put shift+c+ctrl. They may work in your game, but I am not changing what I wrote because I know that that combination is the correct one.

Test Subject
#73 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 4:52 PM
do u have the career superfly?
Test Subject
#74 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 4:21 PM
superfly i ve been waiting for the career for more than 1 month. post it as soon u can please. i dont know if u ve forgotten but please help me. i still dont find error. or just send me a reply with the error and how u can repair it.
Test Subject
#75 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 5:01 PM
How do I get on to simsPE or watever its called to make my career?
Page 3 of 5