Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#151 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
Well, I don't know if this was mentioned yet or not and I really don't want to wade thru 6+ pages. Anyway, I would love to see a mod that slows down the motives of infants and toddlers and maybe children too! At least for infants and toddlers, their motives decay far too fast. You put them in their crib w/full motives and before they wake up they're socially deprived (orange) and extremly hungry (again orange). This is driving me crazy b/c the parents don't have time to do much of anything except take care of the baby! They're energy seems to be ok though. Thanks!

I completely agree. The social decay on those babies is OBSCENE but I fixed it with Carrigon's slow motive decay.

http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=3103

After installing it hygiene seemed to drop even faster, so I had to open the package with notebook and edit the xml. I tweaked everyone's motive decay for everything to the amount I felt was best. If you decide to mess with the code know that higher numbers is a slower decay. Like the decay for hygiene was set at 6, I raised it up to 9.

Quote: Originally posted by Gangreless
You have a new baby, those parents' main goal should be the health and well-being of that baby (this is how it's supposed to work irl, too!). But, if you don't like it, just use testingcheats to make motives static, or to use the motives slider.

Without motives furniture becomes decorative. I want to "play" the game, not just drag up motives or have them always green. But I don't think motives are "right" the way there are implemented. Every morning it took my sim 6 hours to get back to full motives. I wanted to have to pee sometimes, but I don't want to spend 50% of my day meeting my needs. Between work and needs, little time is left for anything else.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#152 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:00 PM
Something to adjust the lot size

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:39 PM
I dont know if this has already been mentioned - as it would take me a bajillion years to read all posts in this thread BUT -

Id love the option to change family names when getting married.... like in real life.... for example, Say i married into the crumplebottom family.... my name would be jane crumblebottom instead of jane smith.... ya know?

and an option to become a serial killer for my evil sims... because.. thats what evil sims like to do... i dont know maybe im just weird....

but definatly the name mod!
Inventor
#154 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lushious_lozza
I dont know if this has already been mentioned - as it would take me a bajillion years to read all posts in this thread BUT -

Id love the option to change family names when getting married.... like in real life.... for example, Say i married into the crumplebottom family.... my name would be jane crumblebottom instead of jane smith.... ya know?
<snip>

but definatly the name mod!

You can allready change the name (first and/or last) of any playable character in your household, simply have him /her go to City Hall during daytime.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:03 PM
More than 8 people in a household.
Same gender couples being able to have children.
Another "insim".
I have no idea if this would be possible but something to choose height. I'm decently short irl so when I am trying to make a realistic sim of myself I'm not nearly as close in height to my fiancé as the game makes me look.
Smarter babysitters. I hired one and left the house. When I came back she wasn't even taking care of the kids. x.x
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:05 PM
A slider to change the height would be cool, but very hard to do, if not impossible...all the animations would be screwed up, for sitting down and stuff.

I don't know what kind of mod I'd like to see that would actually be possible.. :P
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:50 PM Last edited by CuddlesdaTeddlyBear : 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:00 PM. Reason: spelling & grammatical corrections
I really miss the Jealousy mod from Sims 2 and hope to see one in Sims 3 that prevents Sims from getting upset unless they are in the same room or can actually see their trifling partner in the act.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#158 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:19 PM
That's already in AwesomeMod. AwesomeMod: Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:42 PM Last edited by CuddlesdaTeddlyBear : 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:54 PM. Reason: Making an addition as opposed to souble posting
Oh really? You know, I do have the Awesome mod (downloaded the updated version today) but I never noticed that addition. Thank you so very much!

***Edit**

Instead of double posting here is another mod I'd like to request after coming across one of my biggest peeves:

Stop hiring old people! Now, I'm not 'ageist' or what have you, but I really wish my game would stop hiring more old people in the career tracks after workmates die (which are usually old people to begin with). One of my sims is at the top of his athletic career and his entire team consists of old people and, the second one of them kicks the bucket, another codger is signed on. Now, I wouldn't mind it so much if it was, say, the Political career track but Athletic? Aside from the lack of realism, it's a pain in the arse having to build back up my teammates morale every other day. It's like the game purposely hires elders that already have one foot in the grave.

I don't know if this is just me because I haven't seen anyone else complaining about it but if there is some way to look into this, please do.
Test Subject
#160 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 9:03 PM
I just can't wait until someone comes out with a mod for the number of sims per household. That was such an important one for me in Sims 2 for movie making and story making purposes.
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 9:53 PM
I love the gardening part of the game, but clicking on which plant needs to be fertilized for a huge garden is a a huge pain in the shaker. I'd like to see a mod that will indicate plants in need of fertilizer.
Mad Poster
#162 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:32 PM
I think the fertilizer is a case by case issue, like feeding the omniplant a certain diet.
Scholar
#163 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:42 PM
I want some cross gender and age dressing and hairstyles. Even if you're not into drag queens -- you've got to admit that at the very least, women and children should be allowed to wear the bunny slippers!
Instructor
#164 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I want some cross gender and age dressing and hairstyles. Even if you're not into drag queens -- you've got to admit that at the very least, women and children should be allowed to wear the bunny slippers!

Yay! Bunny slippers!

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#165 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie

Agreed!
Test Subject
#166 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:56 PM
I would like to see a mod the helped Sims fall in love easier. I find it really hard for my Sims to fall in love.
Test Subject
#167 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 3:44 AM
i am sorry if this has been said and i know this is not the right thread to ask this.

i am put out an open request to any one who is up tp breaking the game big time.

i would verry much would like to be ably to build a house taller the five stories. if some could make a mod to up the limit to ten, i would be very happy.

i will post a verry yum cookie recipe for you ever can make this happen.

aslo on the same note a more advance built mode, with better rooffing and door, window and stair placement
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rescu911
I love the gardening part of the game, but clicking on which plant needs to be fertilized for a huge garden is a a huge pain in the shaker. I'd like to see a mod that will indicate plants in need of fertilizer.

I agree... something like "Fertilize all...". Doing my garden drove me crazy!
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I think the fertilizer is a case by case issue, like feeding the omniplant a certain diet.

Ohhh! I didn't know that. I haven't gotten the omni plant seeds yet. I've got the cheesy eggs and the meat plants, but not the omni.
Test Subject
#170 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:06 PM
Ok some things I would love to see in mods:

1. More then 8 people per household.

2. A mod so when you call for pizza you can order stuf like chinese or other take out.

3 a mod where you can set a sims age to be younger. ie: if they become senior you can click a rewind age button thing.

4. A mod to give the kids all A's in school. I agree with earlier reply on it being a good idea.

5. I soooo want to see some one design more musical instruments and the hot tub. TS1 hada awesome shower they floated in that cleaned them and renewed their hygene etc.
Test Subject
#171 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 7:44 PM
A few minor annoyances aren't worthly of a complaint to me... however, there is one minor... or major... for me at least... annoyance I would like to see improved in a mod.

At present, the female uniforms for the military career have them donning these sleek, pointy, relatively distasteful, obviously not military style boots.

I would like to see the same combat boots the men wear, ported to the women's section, as well as their uniforms being changed to reflect the new boots.

Something minor. So simple... yet I find it ungodly annoying.

Other than that, I really haven't anything else I would see as required... a few bugs to squash, squish, smack, thwap, and stomp.

Cheers, -Lawhorn

I Am A Soldier

I am a soldier.
My blood permeates the soil of many countries.

I have gasped my last breath on many a desolate
stretch of beach. For you...all of you, the children
who play in the parks, the mothers who watch over them,
the fathers who struggle to sustain them.
Test Subject
#172 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:57 PM
I need a mod that allows fireplaces to be put on both sides of a chimney, allows customizing the chimneys and putting walls around chimneys.
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:07 AM
I'd like a mod that makes the fabled deathfish poison real!

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CuddlesdaTeddlyBear
[…]One of my sims is at the top of his athletic career and his entire team consists of old people and, the second one of them kicks the bucket, another codger is signed on. Now, I wouldn't mind it so much if it was, say, the Political career track but Athletic?

Seniors' League?
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 3:00 AM
Lol! I see what you mean. XD

I really wouldn't have a problem with seniors in the career tracks but they die off so quickly, and I'm playing on Long. One of my biggest gripes is that, while the seniors are getting all the career jobs, the young adults and adults seem to favor part-time jobs.

I dunno, I think my neighbourhood is screwy. I feel like wiping it clean and starting all over again.
Page 7 of 28