Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:27 PM
If they do bring back vampires (which surely they must?), I hope they make being a vampire more in-depth than it was in TS2. There could, for example, be covens you can join and rank up in, and you could have to drink blood to stave off your natural weakness to sunlight (i.e. drinking blood once a day will allow you to be fine in the sunlight for 24 hours - that would be nice because having a Vamp Sim with such strict bedtimes was kind of annoying).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:39 PM
Oh I hope and wish for:

A. Piano, piano, piano and did I mention Piano.
B. Hot tub, hot tub and hot tub.
C. To see in the restraunts.
D. To go out on a date.
E. More danceing together & slow danceing.
F. Vampires brought back. They could do a cross vampire theme. Vampire sims could have to find a ring and the ring protects them from the sun and when they wear the ring they sparkle, without the ring they catch on fire in the sun and die.
G. Gooseing and more passionate make outs and I miss streaking (but guess that will have to wait for a university themed expansion).
Field Researcher
#103 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:55 PM
Even if they screw up the vampires, it will probably be possible to mod them into something decent.
Theorist
#104 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:10 PM
Quote:
...the ring protects them from the sun and when they wear the ring they sparkle...

There is already sparkles in WA. Let's leave ALL sparkle out and then just let those who want Sparkly Non-Vampires sparkle as much as they want without ruining HUNDREDS OF YEARS WORTH OF VAMPIRE LITERATURE GUIDANCE. </Rant>

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#105 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:23 PM
Well. The modern Vampire isn't exactly 'hundreds' of years old. The old folklore vampires act more like, 'Hungry Ghosts' or Zombies. And the earliest 'Vampire' reference I've found related to a pair of bloodsucking witches who seduced and drank the blood of travelers. That story was Roman, and it's in 'The Golden Ass' if anyone cares to read it. But eh. Until 'Camilla' vampires didn't exactly have.. soul. They were just another monster in the ranks of things hiding under your bed waiting to get you if you do one thing wrong.

Also, Dracula could go out in sunlight. He just couldn't shapeshift or attack people in daylight. And yeah, I know I'm a nerd.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petchy
There is already sparkles in WA. Let's leave ALL sparkle out and then just let those who want Sparkly Non-Vampires sparkle as much as they want without ruining HUNDREDS OF YEARS WORTH OF VAMPIRE LITERATURE GUIDANCE. </Rant>

Yeah, I'd much prefer True Blood vampires in TS3 (attractive and powerful but allergic to all the classic things like garlic, sunlight, maybe even religious objects?) than Twilight vampires. But having some way of off-setting the allergy to sunlight and live a semi-normal life would be cool.
Field Researcher
#107 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:35 PM
Hmm, did the TS2 vampires have the mirror problem?
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moryrie
Hmm, did the TS2 vampires have the mirror problem?

Do you mean not being able to be seen in mirrors? I'm not sure because I always turned reflections off on my piece of junk computer. That sounds like a nice touch though.
Forum Resident
#109 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:22 PM
Nope, they didn't have reflections in the mirror. Other small features of Vampires on Sims 2 were:

*Have their own Irritate social :Bleh
*Two special modes of locomotion; Stalk Here and Fly Here.
*Didn't Age (except when you sent a teen to college and a young adult graduated college)
*Can't starve to death or drown
*Produced a special set of photos when they used the photo booth.
*Needs didn't decay at night.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
Nope, they didn't have reflections in the mirror. Other small features of Vampires on Sims 2 were:

*Have their own Irritate social :Bleh
*Two special modes of locomotion; Stalk Here and Fly Here.
*Didn't Age (except when you sent a teen to college and a young adult graduated college)
*Can't starve to death or drown
*Produced a special set of photos when they used the photo booth.
*Needs didn't decay at night.

Yep, they also had the "Bite neck" interaction, which would turn other Sims into vampires (but they didn't need to feed on blood to survive).
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by putowtin
oh for the love of......
fable III release date October 29th 2010
force unleashed II release date October 29th 2010
and now this!

ahh!

Woo woo! Fable 3! Pre-ordered that mofo! x) The original is my all time favorite RPG.

Butyea.
I want a new musical instrument, like a violin or flute or something, just new. And more animations.
Field Researcher
#112 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babaji_mendez
If it is a nightlife / hot date EP then, bring back the piano players! Can't have a classy joint without them... oh yeah... bring back pianos too,

no just the piano players, they sit there moving their hands in mid air for five minutes then stand up look frustrated and yell
"Who nicked it !?" in simish!

don't ask it's late and I've drunk too much coffee!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Site Helper
#113 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:11 PM
All of the nightclubs, etc. are going to be worthless if everyone in town still goes to bed at 10 pm even if they are in a career where logically they would have just gotten up 3 or 4 hours ago. I can just see vampires deciding they have to sleep all night and get up bright and early in the morning... I had to teach my Sims 2 vampires to meditate due to a similar problem, so I'm not going to expect any Sims 3 vampire to be smarter.

And teens sneaking out doesn't work well, because you can't arrange to meet your friend to go somewhere at 1 AM anymore. (Especially if you don't have AM, so your teen gets arrested as soon as they leave the lot.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#114 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:58 PM
This sounds like possibly the best (and in fact only good) EP they've thus far planned for the Sims 3 franchise. I hope it'll be a good one. I haven't played TS3 since Awesomemod was first "officially" released for WA. Went to France, it was laggy and the game crashed, I came here and read ALL the problems with CC and and I thought, "This game is more a problem than a pleasure." It went out the window and I haven't touched it since. I miss Simming!
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
This sounds like possibly the best (and in fact only good) EP they've thus far planned for the Sims 3 franchise. I hope it'll be a good one. I haven't played TS3 since Awesomemod was first "officially" released for WA. Went to France, it was laggy and the game crashed, I came here and read ALL the problems with CC and and I thought, "This game is more a problem than a pleasure." It went out the window and I haven't touched it since. I miss Simming!

I gave World Adventures a miss too. Never tried Vacation and didn't like Bon Voyage so thought I wouldn't like it. Ambitions is worth a try though. There are a lot of little new things which make the game nice (laundry, motorbikes, more self-employment opportunities...) If this After Dark expansion contains even a few of the things you guys have mentioned I'll be getting it. =D
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Damn straight. BRING BACK THE ASSGRABBING!

If they do, I challenge you to code up a good ol' fashioned game of Grab Ass.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:38 AM
I miss Simming!

If you miss it so badly why don't you play TS2?
Top Secret Researcher
#118 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:41 AM
I haven't played TS3 since Awesomemod was first "officially" released for WA. Went to France, it was laggy and the game crashed, I came here and read ALL the problems with CC and and I thought, "This game is more a problem than a pleasure." It went out the window and I haven't touched it since. I miss Simming!

For some reason France is the worst travel destination regarding lagging issues. New quad, not much CC and first visit to France was a nightmare. Not to mention it is badly-designed compared to China and Egypt. And, if you miss simming why don't you spend some time with TS2 while waiting for the problems to go away? I still love it.
Mad Poster
#119 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
It might have been a glitch in my game but the vampire I had in TS2 would go to the nightclub downtown and sit in the upstairs outside patio while it was still light out and he didn't die from it. His needs may have dropped though. However, if I saw him turning to ash I would have kept playing vampires and made all my townies vampires and then lock them outside in the daytime.

thats like the perfect Idea for a sims town in the desert. A town full of Vampires (or anything that can't come out in the day time) and when its day the town is virtually empty (like a desert) and when its night, everyone comes out and parties :p
Test Subject
#120 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:53 AM
Default Rabbitholes
I would love to see playable rabbits to go with the rabbit holes.

*giggles*
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Helmasaur
If you miss it so badly why don't you play TS2?

I've thought of doing that, but now I'm used to the seamless neighbourhood I couldn't go back.
Top Secret Researcher
#122 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 1:39 AM
Seamless neighbourhood is one thing, and considering a game to be more of a problem rather than a pleasure is another -- with the latter to weight heavier for some people.
Forum Resident
#123 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciel Noir
I've thought of doing that, but now I'm used to the seamless neighbourhood I couldn't go back.

I thought that I wouldn't be able to go back with being used to the seamless neighborhood and CAST (and shoes separate from the pants), but I was able to. Over the past month I've played Sims 2 far more than Sims 3.
Scholar
#124 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AreilDelphinus
Oh I hope and wish for:

A. Piano, piano, piano and did I mention Piano.
B. Hot tub, hot tub and hot tub.
C. To see in the restraunts.
D. To go out on a date.
E. More danceing together & slow danceing.
F. Vampires brought back. They could do a cross vampire theme. Vampire sims could have to find a ring and the ring protects them from the sun and when they wear the ring they sparkle, without the ring they catch on fire in the sun and die.
G. Gooseing and more passionate make outs and I miss streaking (but guess that will have to wait for a university themed expansion).

AAARRGGGHHHH! Please, no.

Everything else on the list is a definite yes.

Twilight and its sparkly vampires nearly killed the vampire genre for me (thank goodness for True Blood). I don't want it to do it to the Sims series. Leave sparkling and surviving sunlight for our beloved mods. I want proper bloodsuckers that burn in the sun.
Top Secret Researcher
#125 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:23 AM
After I managed to fix the random clean crashes that I experienced, I haven't had any problems with the game at all :/
Not even with CC or just the game in general. I guess I'm lucky.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Page 5 of 35