Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#176 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:47 PM
I think it'd be hilarious if the pets have a "steal food from table/plate/counter" option, or "beg for food" option while Sims are eating. My friend's lab is big enough to stand on his hind legs, paws on the counter, and steal a piece of chicken. He also sometimes brings in half-dead rabbits and squirrels, leading into a goosechase after said half-dead animals.
Advertisement
Instructor
#177 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
@Sakarri I'd say that 90% of the population has NO idea what kind of tack is on that horse or care for that matter.
I don't know about this expansion......I see the damn dogs digging holes again...gonna have to get a mod for that...again.

Yeah I agree with you, we have actual RIDABLE horses now, something that me and many other The Sims fans have been desiring since TS1. and anyone who makes a scene about the "wrong kind of saddle" is an ungrateful bastard.

And I don't mind dogs digging holes, I just dont want dogs pissing and shitting all over those antique rugs that cost a fortune. (running joke) I wish you can train dogs to open the door themselves so they can piss n' shit OUTSIDE, in both The Sims and real life.
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:58 PM
Name calling? Really? I wasn't trying to make a scene about it, just pointing it out.
Forum Resident
#179 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:15 PM Last edited by birdyfly : 6th Jun 2011 at 2:33 AM.
Edit:
NOTE: All of this is directly from Wiki and is an unreliable source, but there are some things that have been confirmed.

Here is some more information from Sims 3 Wiki (Some of this has already been stated in the OP) :

•Exclusive Limited Edition content! Only in The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition will you find a pet store filled with one-of-a-kind objects and a zoo.

•Pets can learn skills. Cats and dogs can learn to hunt, dogs can learn to locate collectibles and fetch your Sims a date, and horses can learn racing and jumping.

•Like in The Sims 2: Pets, dogs and cats are able to get jobs such as a police dog or a spectral inspector for cats.

•There will be a new neighborhood which will include a dog park, cats jungle and a horse ranch. They do not know the name at the time.

•You can adopt a horse and can be transported around town on the horse.

•New Death: Hit by a car and Pet Death (Pets only).

•New places to WooHoo: In the kennel (Dogs only) and in the house (Cats only).

Description of the Pet Traits:

•Loyal: Loyal pets always have got their owner's back, whether in a fight or in trouble.

•Adventurous: Adventurous pets explore from the garbage can to the dark graveyard, these pets are never scared.

•Playful: Playful pets enjoy having fun with other animals and Sims. They want to run around, play fetch or chase a laser pointer all day long!

•Aggressive: Aggressive pets love to show how tough they are by fighting with other pets and chasing Sims. It's best not to get between an Aggressive Pet and their food!

•Patient: Patient pets wait for things longer than other pets such as food,toys & baths. there urgency also fall slower.

•Piggy: Piggy pets are pets who are messy. This is like the sloppy Sim which means they don't mind their own filth.

•Skittish: Skittish pets are lively, unpredictable and shy.

•Lazy: Lazy pets are like Couch Potato Sims which means they are happy with just lying around instead of exercising.

•Destructive: Destructive pets love to mess up things like scratching and tearing couches.

•Proud: Proud pets are pets who are very well happy about themselves.

•Intelligent: Intelligent pets are smarter then your average Sim pets. This trait will benefit them at their job. They will be easier to teach tricks to.

•Friendly: Friendly pets love to meet new animals around town in your neighborhood or on community lots like the park. They will also be willingly to meet other sims too.

•Brave: Brave pets are pets who will stick up for your Sim in fights or scare away burglars without being frightened. This is similar to brave Sims.

•Hydrophobic: Hydrophobic pets are like hydrophobic Sims. They don't like to swim.

•Clueless: Clueless pets are pets who don't always know what's going on. They will probably have a harder time to teach tricks to.

•Gentle: Gentle pets are the opposite of aggressive pets. They won't be so tough and rough, but won't fight with other pets or chase Sims. They won't mind as much when a Sim is around their food.

•Fast: Fast pets are faster than your average pet. They will be able to move and run faster.

•Agile: Agile pets are well-coordinated and can react quickly.

•Independent: Independent pets love to be alone but do need social from time to time.

•Good: Good pets do what they are told. They also play with their owners.

•Evil: Evil pets don't do what they are told. They rip up the furniture.

Dog learning the handshake skill on the 3DS

Not sure why, but the look on the dog's face in this picture makes me laugh.

All quoted from Sims Wikia

@Sakarri:
I think it's cool that you know that. It reminds me of my best friend who is a huge horse fan and knows every horse equipment and horse term by heart.
Inventor
#180 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly

I was wondering if pets could be hit by cars. This could be a worry. We could end up with a lot of dead pets if they do it wrong :/
Forum Resident
#181 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
I was wondering if pets could be hit by cars. This could be a worry. We could end up with a lot of dead pets if they do it wrong :/

It seems kind of odd due to the fact the other day a taxi just drove through my sim and she turned out just fine. :p
Inventor
#182 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:21 PM
It seems kind of odd due to the fact the other day a taxi just drove through my sim and she turned out just fine. :p

If they also add sims getting hit by a car that would be bad too. Cars are always running through my sims!
Field Researcher
#183 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:26 PM
Many dead pets then. D: Does it mention if pets can ride in cars? Or in pet baskets we can attach to the bikes or something? I personally ride my bike with my Yorkie in a basket on the front. He loves it. Only if we get hit by a car, we're both SOL.
Instructor
#184 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:40 PM
I wonder if a horse/Sim relationship has to have a minimum score/level before the horse will let a sim ride him? Or if the energy need of a horse is too low, he won't give any sim a ride? I suppose we would find out, though I would assume the answer to the second question is "yes."

More generally, I hope that you will be able to make pets in CAS, or maybe it will be called CAP (Create-A-Pet). You know, for different fur colors and so on. Having accessories would be nice too.

Imagine the possibilities. Maybe someone will even make a unicorn horn. In fact, I would be surprised if no one does.
Theorist
#185 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BenC0722
Imagine the possibilities. Maybe someone will even make a unicorn horn. In fact, I would be surprised if no one does.

What if the unicorn is the creature?

Hi I'm Paul!
Forum Resident
#186 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:45 PM
I am assuming that since in the console you can create a pet, you can also do it in the PC version.

Also, the horse/sim relationship idea would be so cool and realistic. I can definitely see people making a unicorn horn and wings, especially when/if magic comes back to the Sims. In the console version, I see a collar icon, so that might be the place similar to the accessory feature.
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fraroc
there any chance this would come out BEFORE october i dont want to wait

I would rather EA take longer to do this EP and get it right this time. Than to fall short of expectation again. I hate to see another rushed job.

Quote: Originally posted by SpookyOkyBatGirl
I think it'd be hilarious if the pets have a "steal food from table/plate/counter" option, or "beg for food" option while Sims are eating. My friend's lab is big enough to stand on his hind legs, paws on the counter, and steal a piece of chicken. He also sometimes brings in half-dead rabbits and squirrels, leading into a goosechase after said half-dead animals.

I like to see that too! Infact, I think it would be cool if they did things like that on their own too. Maybe having it tie to the pets traits or something.
Instructor
#188 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sakarri
Name calling? Really? I wasn't trying to make a scene about it, just pointing it out.
I never said you were making a scene about it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#189 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:50 PM
they should add purses to the game and let small dogs/cats sit in them. :P

THAT is what you do to an expansion pack.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#190 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:52 PM
I wonder if pets can get randomly pregnant or if we'll have to kind of make them like in the Sims 2. Cause pets don't normally just breed because we tell them to!

On that note, can they get spayed/neutered? As for the puppies...can we put up a "Free Puppies to a Good Home" sign? I HATED how I had to call the pet adoption and say "Oh, take away these puppies, but keep that one." It made me feel like I was just shipping them off to the animal shelter.
Forum Resident
#191 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:57 PM
Spooky- I am pretty sure you could just give the pet to a neighbor. Not the same thing as what you said but if I recall, there was an option (I think it depends on the relationship, not sure) to give pet away to whoever was at the lot as well, so they could just take it and the pet would appear on their lot. (I recall once giving it to a townie with no home.. Yeah and I think I never saw that pet again afterwards so best to do it with someone who has a lot).
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:58 PM
@fraroc
Quote: Originally posted by fraroc
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
@Sakarri I'd say that 90% of the population has NO idea what kind of tack is on that horse or care for that matter.
I don't know about this expansion......I see the damn dogs digging holes again...gonna have to get a mod for that...again.

Yeah I agree with you, we have actual RIDABLE horses now, something that me and many other The Sims fans have been desiring since TS1. and anyone who makes a scene about the "wrong kind of saddle" is an ungrateful bastard.

Umm, yeah, you kinda did... But whatever, let's not fight about it here. That'd just be making a scene.
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:09 AM
Thanks for the update birdfly.

Quote:

•Pets can learn skills. Cats and dogs can learn to hunt, dogs can learn to locate collectibles and fetch your Sims a date, and horses can learn racing and jumping.

This seems to imply that there are things for them to hunt. I wonder what they would be though, i hope its not the case of just cats chasing after mice and dogs chasing after cats. Does this mean there will be some spawners for mice/strays/wild life that necessitates the "hunting"?

Thats interesting... I never expect EA to do this. I wonder if pets who died come back as ghosts. Or if smaller pets can be carried around by a Sim and if they can be. What will happen when a sim carrying a pet crosses a road and get hit by a car. Will that mean nothing happens to the sim but the pet dies? That would be odd indeed.
Scholar
#194 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:14 AM
I'm not buying what a Wiki says.

However, the hunting has been confirmed elsewhere. That seems to strongly imply that they're keeping the wild animals. Although I'm not really sure how or why they'd do this. Hunting is violent I don't know if I want that.

Something tells me they're meaning treasure-hunting because there is a picture/render of that.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#195 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aurica
Thanks for the update birdfly.

This seems to imply that there are things for them to hunt. I wonder what they would be though, i hope its not the case of just cats chasing after mice and dogs chasing after cats. Does this mean there will be some spawners for mice/strays/wild life that necessitates the "hunting"?

That makes me wonder if there will be mice and rabbits like Sims 1. It would be interesting if one of the traits makes the cat afraid of mice, then I could recreate my old cat.

Quote: Originally posted by aurica
Thats interesting... I never expect EA to do this. I wonder if pets who died come back as ghosts. Or if smaller pets can be carried around by a Sim and if they can be. What will happen when a sim carrying a pet crosses a road and get hit by a car. Will that mean nothing happens to the sim but the pet dies? That would be odd indeed.

That would be really strange to see. Maybe they are Sim owned cars/cars that come with the expansion pack instead of the taxi or the randomly spawned cars.

I hope there is at least a chance to have playable ghost pets.

@bassoon_crazy
I agree about Wiki not being a reliable source. I'll update my post mentioning that most of this is unconfirmed.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:42 AM

*SOB*
Too close to home, EA, too close.
•Hydrophobic: Hydrophobic pets are like hydrophobic Sims. They don't like to swim.

This implies that pets can swim this time around.
Field Researcher
#197 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sisvl
*SOB*
Too close to home, EA, too close.

This implies that pets can swim this time around.

Or it's impossible to get them in the bathtub.
Forum Resident
#198 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:56 AM
It would be cute if the dog jumped in the pool along with the sims. Too bad the lakes are not swim-able, or it would be interesting to have an adventurous dog in the open neighborhood getting in the lakes and coming home all wet.
Field Researcher
#199 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:00 AM
It would be cute if the dog jumped in the pool along with the sims. Too bad the lakes are not swim-able, or it would be interesting to have an adventurous dog in the open neighborhood getting in the lakes and coming home all wet.

That would be cute. That could bring in an option to play with a beach ball in the pool.
Forum Resident
#200 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpookyOkyBatGirl
That would be cute. That could bring in an option to play with a beach ball in the pool.

One of my friend's dog would always bring his favorite squeaky toy into the pool with him. It was adorable watching him paddle around with the toy in his mouth. I would love to see something similar in Sims 3 just because it was so adorable.
Locked thread
Page 8 of 100