Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2451 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 10:34 PM
There are no skunks in the game, at least not in the demo game. It appears to me that the Unicorn will start spawning on day 2. If you are using my More Animals mod, all you need to do is be friends or better with one of your pets to assure this. If you are not using my mod, the default says your human sim needs to be friends or better with 5 pets to get the spawning on your home lot, but even then the default chance on any given day is 40% (mine is 100%).

A save game cannot be loaded, so the way to do it is at the end of your playing session go to Edit Town and select your lot and save to the Library, so your family and house are saved there. Next time you start the game, this family will be there; so use the Options and Edit Town and place this family on the lot, instead of starting a new game from that original start new game screen.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Advertisement
Theorist
#2452 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 10:38 PM
So how many color of Unicorns are there? And is it rare to see the full white one with a beard and everything?
Instructor
#2453 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 10:46 PM Last edited by anie_1981 : 28th Sep 2011 at 11:00 PM.
Shimrod101, I tried that, but I have some bug, or something. My familly doesn't work... I can see them, but no one is in the interface, so I can control no one.

EDIT:

How do you guys managed to force a dog to swim? I can do it, but poor animal is deformed and ugly. And is it only my delusions, or are the animals uglier in mini world?
Lab Assistant
#2454 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 11:49 PM
Tell your dog to swim here then he will look normal. If they start to trend the water when they aren't moving and go back to the deformed shape.
Field Researcher
#2455 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 12:51 AM Last edited by Freelance Wolf : 29th Sep 2011 at 1:30 AM.
If they just added a horn option to horses, you can make your own unicorn and then they can still add werewolves for supernatural pet, but alas it is not to be. Ah well. In the meantime, I can just play with my very own Digimon!

Gaogamon is Touma H. Norstein's partner in the 2006 Digimon series, Digimon Savers. Gaogamon is the Champion form of Gaomon and is based on a Japanese Akita. He is fiercely loyal to Touma and like his master, prefers to work independently. Dogs are known to take after their owners and Gaogamon is no exception!

I didn't add the two braids on his mane because all attempts to do so only made the pet look veeeerrry bad. Otherwise everything is there.

Update: Okay pics are now up. Sorry!

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Forum Resident
#2456 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 3:49 AM
What's with all the whining about breeds not being 110% percent accurate? Did everyone forget what game they were playing? This is the same game where the characters are often times affectionately referred to as "pudding". The Sims has never been a game about accuracy. At first, I was expecting nothing but crap in the pet creation department but I'm actually surprised at how in depth the whole system is. Of course this is EA, so there are some key features missing(proper weight slider, etc), but other than that, I think they did a pretty good job.
Forum Resident
#2457 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
What's with all the whining about breeds not being 110% percent accurate? Did everyone forget what game they were playing? This is the same game where the characters are often times affectionately referred to as "pudding".

I dunno... some of their lapses with various dog breeds would be like not having an option to put hair on your Sim at all, or maybe you only get 2 nose shapes and no way of noticeably changing them. I mean hey, it's not about accuracy, right? Bald alien Sims, for all the players all the time.

Of course, a better (more snarky) answer to Did everyone forget what game they were playing? would be: This is the game where interesting new activities are introduced...inside rabbit holes. Or perhaps: This is the game where they recycle the same animations 20 times with different labels and act as if you actually have 20 different interactions. So why bother creating an accurate coat for an Afghan hound when they can just give you a regular dog that's labeled as an Afghan hound and boast about the x+1 breeds included? It's efficient!
Forum Resident
#2458 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
What's with all the whining about breeds not being 110% percent accurate? Did everyone forget what game they were playing? This is the same game where the characters are often times affectionately referred to as "pudding". The Sims has never been a game about accuracy. At first, I was expecting nothing but crap in the pet creation department but I'm actually surprised at how in depth the whole system is. Of course this is EA, so there are some key features missing(proper weight slider, etc), but other than that, I think they did a pretty good job.

Sorry, when people think of a dachshund, they think "wiener dog," because they're long-bodied and short-legged. If EA doesn't include those features on the thing they call a dachshund, then it isn't even recognizable as one.

They could've tagged the thing which they're calling a dachshund as a mix between dachshund and X... but that's not what they did.

I'd be equally upset if they tried to palm off a dining chair as an easy chair, or a bed as a couch. Or a flat mattress as a fancy bed.

Do you get the idea? If they don't want to do the work of creating something that resembles the iconic dachshund (and, look, dachshunds are a very popular breed. It's not like no one's ever seen one), then why bother CALLING it that? Just call it something else and be done with it.

This is particularly galling since dachshunds have been left out of the breed list (again, in spite of them being extremely popular) for the first two Sims iterations, and so when I (and others like me) read dachshunds would be included, you can't imagine our excitement. And then it's all turned to meh, because the breed has been so badly done.

I don't know how many people even know a Bedlington Terrier exists, much less what it looks like, but dachshunds are common and highly identifiable.

I've cut EA slack on Norwegian Elkhounds, because the breed isn't very popular... so my expectations were low. So I can see your point... to a point. But NOT when they get highly popular breeds wrong in very recognizable ways, so that even those who aren't that into that breed know it's been done wrong.
Instructor
#2459 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Is it only my delusions, or are the animals uglier in mini world?

Still I'd like the answer. I am simply hoping, my lovelly horses will not look this way in the real game....

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/...creenshotku.jpg
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/...reenshot2uv.jpg

And I really see the difference between this:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8703/screenshot4wm.jpg

And this:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/...creenshotjc.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9676/screenshot2rc.jpg
Lab Assistant
#2460 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 1:42 PM
Hmm, I was just wondering, I know they've released a store content safe version of the CAP demo, but I don't want to go through the uninstall, re-download, install problem, because it takes a while with internet like mine.

If I were to run CAP solely on a different user account, where the sims has never been played, would I still be liable to lose the store content from the other account? I know that the download information and packages are all account based (In the My documents folder) so I was thinking it would be safe, and could be a good way to play without having to remember to swap packages folders back and forth, but don't want to risk it and then be forced to restore my game from the back up on my external, it takes forever.

I already have another account for guests, so I wouldn't be adding anything new really.

What do you think, would this work?

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Lab Assistant
#2461 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
Sorry, when people think of a dachshund, they think "wiener dog," because they're long-bodied and short-legged. If EA doesn't include those features on the thing they call a dachshund, then it isn't even recognizable as one.

They could've tagged the thing which they're calling a dachshund as a mix between dachshund and X... but that's not what they did.

I'd be equally upset if they tried to palm off a dining chair as an easy chair, or a bed as a couch. Or a flat mattress as a fancy bed.

Do you get the idea? If they don't want to do the work of creating something that resembles the iconic dachshund (and, look, dachshunds are a very popular breed. It's not like no one's ever seen one), then why bother CALLING it that? Just call it something else and be done with it.

This is particularly galling since dachshunds have been left out of the breed list (again, in spite of them being extremely popular) for the first two Sims iterations, and so when I (and others like me) read dachshunds would be included, you can't imagine our excitement. And then it's all turned to meh, because the breed has been so badly done.

I don't know how many people even know a Bedlington Terrier exists, much less what it looks like, but dachshunds are common and highly identifiable.

I've cut EA slack on Norwegian Elkhounds, because the breed isn't very popular... so my expectations were low. So I can see your point... to a point. But NOT when they get highly popular breeds wrong in very recognizable ways, so that even those who aren't that into that breed know it's been done wrong.

Thats completely my point too.

If they didn't want to do the work involved with getting the breeds right they should have had generic types, eg - spaniel, terrier, etc and then people would (with the aid of mods) been able to be creative to get 'their' breed. But when they say they include certain breeds but don't get those dogs looking anything like the actual breeds then they've made a bigger mess for themselves than if they hadn't bothered at all.
Test Subject
#2462 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 2:37 PM
I'm not too worried about the graphical difference between the modded in game versions from the CAP version. The mod is not official after all, and while it is functional it is probably missing some code that improves the quality.

I don't know much about computers, but I am assuming (and hoping) that the official game pets have better graphics than the mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#2463 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 2:50 PM
As a lover of dachshunds, I do feel your pain. But I wonder if there was an animation problem? I do know that our dachshund had unique ways of standing, sitting up, etc. Could it be that the short legs might have required an entirely new set of animations? I don't know how many are in the game for dogs but I suspect quite a bit..especially if you realize that every turn, shift, head toss, wag of the tail, etc., are merged together to make what you see in the final product. Using the same skeleton with the same exact bones saves a lot on animation and maybe the shorter legs causes strange clips that required a separate skeleton. While it might have been nice for EA to make those special skeletons I can certainly understand why they did not. Fan made sliders might help or they might not...and in fact might cause issues with the animations, just as some of the more extreme human sliders do. I do agree with someone who said a slider that moved the tummy down might have worked, but would there have been clips when the legs moved? If we use a modded slider and it doesn't look perfect, we may be okay with that. But I cannot imagine the tirades against EA had they done the same thing..and it hadn't looked perfect, and with justification.

I am sure the community will make sliders and then we can test them, see if EA really was just lazy or if this was a design decision based on issues with shortening the legs and using the same skeleton.
Theorist
#2464 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Still I'd like the answer. I am simply hoping, my lovelly horses will not look this way in the real game....

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/...creenshotku.jpg
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/...reenshot2uv.jpg

And I really see the difference between this:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8703/screenshot4wm.jpg

And this:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/...creenshotjc.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9676/screenshot2rc.jpg

I think it's because of the better lighting in CAS/CAP compared to in-game. Sims tend to look better in CAS than they do in-game as well.

Graham has confirmed that wild horses and deer do not spawn in city worlds like Bridgeport. I've got mixed feelings about that since the custom world I'm playing in is labeled as a city but the actual city only takes up about half of the map. He also said wild horses tend to roam around fishing holes, small parks and beaches because those lot types tend to be on the outskirts of worlds. He also mentioned yet again that pets can't travel to WA locations. Maybe Twallan's Traveler mod could be updated to enable that though?
Instructor
#2465 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I think it's because of the better lighting in CAS/CAP compared to in-game. Sims tend to look better in CAS than they do in-game as well.

So I am terrified, I don't want my poor animals to look this way...
Lab Assistant
#2466 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 4:21 PM
I'm just going to go with that they love confusing us to death. Wasn't it a couple of days ago they said they could travel with their owners to WA locations. I think they should have given us a wild horse spawners so we decide where they can spawn if we really want them to show up. In the city I play some of the suburban areas have a small park as does some places in the mild of the city part. Would be a bit odd with some wild horse in those parks. Unless they give the community lot a choice when you choose it like, Big Park (Wild Horses allowed) and Small Park (Wild Horses allowed) etc. Would make it easier for those who played cities that have a suburban and wild areas in them.

I wonder if the spawning of the Unicorn is tied to where the Wild Horse spawns. If so how would a sim in the city get the unicorn if the player wanted it without cheating too much.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#2467 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 5:13 PM
*Maybe* just maybe, the wild animals don't wander into areas with many of lots...? No idea how they'd execute that, but it would be a simple solution to not having wild horses and raccoons roaming in the centre of Bridgeport... But knowing EA... I'm not hopeful, I shall prepare for a racconcalypse.
Scholar
#2468 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
*Maybe* just maybe, the wild animals don't wander into areas with many of lots...? No idea how they'd execute that, but it would be a simple solution to not having wild horses and raccoons roaming in the centre of Bridgeport... But knowing EA... I'm not hopeful, I shall prepare for a racconcalypse.

Bridgeport will not having wild deer roaming around town. See the news at SimPrograms here.

What I worried about is that the wild animals. Will they showed up in the vacation world? I can't imagine a wild deer roaming near the great pyramid...

Hey there! :)
Theorist
#2469 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
raccoons roaming in the centre of Bridgeport... But knowing EA... I'm not hopeful, I shall prepare for a racconcalypse.

Actually, I live in the most urban part of my city with skyscrapers and stuff, and I tend to see a raccoon every now and then.
Mad Poster
#2470 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
Bridgeport will not having wild deer roaming around town. See the news at SimPrograms here.

What I worried about is that the wild animals. Will they showed up in the vacation world? I can't imagine a wild deer roaming near the great pyramid...

If I understand that article the wild animals will mostly roam where parks and mostly where trees are on the outskirts of town. If you have them in the center of town, then the wild animals will be there. I guess I should make the central parks in my towns into a more concrete area that is not favorable to wild animals?

Also I read that the spawners would control whatever wild animals would be coming from them. So those spawners from the vacation worlds should not spawn animals if EA coded them right. It's a big if though.

I live in Chicago and there are times, late at night, the coyotes and red fox are pictured running down Michigan Ave. It's rare but it happens. The rats down there can be very large, those are the ones I am afraid of when I would go home late from the central downtown areas, they will not move out your way.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Inventor
#2471 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Actually, I live in the most urban part of my city with skyscrapers and stuff, and I tend to see a raccoon every now and then.

"Every now and then" is one thing, but having raccoons spawning EVERYWHERE is another.

I live in a city too and I see the occasional wild and rustic raccoon rummaging through the trash (or attempting to steal something from an unsuspecting passerby), but they certainly aren't overtaking the whole city; which is exactly what I'm worried about in Pets. I haven't researched the spawning issue when it comes to urban areas yet though, so perhaps it won't be a big problem... perhaps.

Edit: Just looked at the link provided by haricots; maybe it really won't be a problem. *crosses fingers*

"Goonies never say die."
Theorist
#2472 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
"Every now and then" is one thing, but having raccoons spawning EVERYWHERE is another.

I live in a city too and I see the occasional wild and rustic raccoon rummaging through the trash (or attempting to steal something from an unsuspecting passerby), but they certainly aren't overtaking the whole city; which is exactly what I'm worried about in Pets. I haven't researched the spawning issue when it comes to urban areas yet though, so perhaps it won't be a big problem... perhaps.

Edit: Just looked at the link provided by haricots; maybe it really won't be a problem. *crosses fingers*

Ah I misinterpreted that, I thought they meant as in never ever seeing a raccoon. Well then, in that case I'm sure Twallan will fix it if it does happen.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#2473 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 6:40 PM
Awww, I've been making a huge custom world that has a BIG city (bigger than Bridgeport, it has an industrial area, skyscraper area and Brooklyn-type area) AND suburban AND rural areas AND huge mountain forests... What the heck am I going to do now? I want the deer and wild horses... but not in the middle of the city or the suburbs. But then again in any world, who'd want the horses right in the middle of the downtown area, no matter how big or small it'd be...
Mad Poster
#2474 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 7:00 PM
I love the suburban worlds mostly, haven't played a city since Late Night came out. So I do have to move my central parks or make them concrete. I have several small parks darted on outskirts anyway, when the central parks are too far away from most living areas. I think it is cool.

Anyway, I read about the wild animals not spawning in LN cities from a tweet posted on the official forums: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../15/440128.page

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#2475 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 7:21 PM
But still, every world has that smaller or bigger town centre with the shops, leisure and work rabbitholes... Wild horses and deers in the middle of Sunset Valley's or Twinbrooks' town centre? I just wish we would've had some more control over the big wild animals' spawning.

EDIT: @SimGuruGraham You say that wild horses prefer to be at the edges of town. Is that for every town or just for Apaloosa Plains?
His answer:
SimGuruGraham wrote:

Wild horses prefer spending time in more remote lots such as the fishing holes, small parks, beaches, etc. Those tend to be on the outskirts of the world; if your world has those types of lots in a more centralized location than they'll be more visible in your town.

Ah, well this is better! What a relief!
Locked thread
Page 99 of 100