Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM by HugeLunatic : adding supercollection instructions

1049 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 755 Feedback Posts, 293 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 9 of 42
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mond.kuss
With M&G-Stuffpack a new "architecture"-category was introduced in build mode where all the trims (diese Zierleisten eben) are moved to. Just the two updated straight ones are still found in "Buy mode...Decorative" due to the CEP, I assume. Would be great if that was fixed in the next update.

The updated ones (diagonals and straight) are here http://nene.modthesims2.com/showpos...8&postcount=190 you have only to replace the file.
Test Subject
#202 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 5:47 AM
I have just a little question..I love the CEPs, and it worked in the past, but for some reason, it crashes my game a lot and I don't know if it is because 1) I changed computers (because my old one crashed earlier and that on was Athlon 64+ (512mb/1gb) and it actually got "fried" because of a power surge during last winter's Midwest Ice Storm and had NOTHING to do with CEP) or 2) My graphics card on the new computer is doing it (it is a Intel Pentium Dual Core with an Intel Graphics Accelerator 3100--3072mb/500gb). Anyway, I was wondering if that was the case because I know it worked before on my other computer--and I checked the Maxis site for requirements for the games, and my card is there, though it under VISTA, which I have on this computer. I have all EPs and all Packs (with the exception of IKEA). It probably is just me as I am computer stupid 99.9% of the time. I might be doing something wrong. If you could tell me, awesome!

LOVE YOUR WORK all the time, BTW. Keep it up!
Test Subject
#203 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 4:10 PM
I downloaded this version, and I have all the EP's. When installed, the international windows do not show all of their colors, when I take it out, the colors are back. I tried to go back and install version 8 but it looks like it's been removed from being able to be downloaded. I see in the thing here you say that the bug for that was fixed, but it isn't. Is there something else I'm supposed to be downloading?? Sorry for the long message. Thanks!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#204 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 9:21 PM
jaynaemiller - Try unselecting the Extras when installing the CEP: one of them is causing your crash (I'd like to know which one, if you find it out).

shawnamarie2008 - Read my post 198.

To anyone waiting for the update to the CEP - I know, I'm late I'm currently rewriting the AnyGameStarter (it's a complete rewriting, more than a mere update, and this is taking all my time). And I'm also going abroad for a week, which will delay the CEP even more. I hope to release the new CEP soon, when I'm back.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 12:03 AM
Have fun on your trip.

We (and yes I have a mouse in my pocket) will be waiting patiently for the new version of CEP.

Thanks for all the hard work.

p.s. finally got the recs of the garbage can to work. So, happy.

Hi, Please visit me at my MiniSite at TSR:

http://thesimsresource.com/artists/TabbyLou/

All my items/recolors are FREE!
Test Subject
#206 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 11:17 AM
Sorry for asking a duplicate question, I missed that post. Thank you so much for your wonderful tools!! I'll just find CC windows that match them ;-)
Test Subject
#207 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 5:35 AM
Should the files in both locations be the same version?

Example: I have a CEP-EXTRA_TeddyBears file dated 9-22-08 in MyDocuments but the same file is dated 5-17-08 in the ProgramFile..TSData\Res\Catalog\zCEP-EXTRA location.
Test Subject
#208 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 7:36 PM
Hi there Numenor, I have a question.

I downloaded the CEP and still doesn't solve a problem with the international windows. If you have the CEP, OFB and AL the windows make unrecolorable.
Help me with this problem please.

Thanks Numenor, you're the best.

Excuse my writing manner, i am spanish and don't speak very well english. Thanks anyway.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#209 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 8:18 PM
-thesim-, please read this:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...8&postcount=198
Try uninstalling the CEP and installing the latest version.

PlayLives, if that is the date modified then that is correct- those are the dates on the latest versions.
Test Subject
#210 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 1:59 PM
Thanks so much simsample, now i can recolor the Ergo windows.

By the way, thanks to Numenor for creating that awesome tool. You're the #1.

Excuse my writing manner, i am spanish and don't speak very well english. Thanks anyway.
Mad Poster
#211 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 5:40 PM
Hey Numenor!
I just thought I should point out for the next release that since you have improved the Bohemian cornice pieces that they do not show up in the new Architecture sub-sort that came with M+G Stuff. All similar items, including the corner pieces, appear in the new sort.
This isn't a dig at you cos what you do is fantastic. I just thought you should know.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 11:53 AM
This sounds really dumb, but what does "unpack" mean?
Does it mean extract?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#213 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexi.
This sounds really dumb, but what does "unpack" mean?
Does it mean extract?

Yes, it means extract.
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 11:18 AM
There are truly no words to express the gratitude! I bow to thee oh Mighty Numenor! Thank you sooooo much for continuing the CEP throughout so many EPs. My game would be lame without you! Bravo!

They must have taken my marbles away. :(
Test Subject
#215 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 5:52 PM
I have noticed that Version 9 was having issues with M&G so hopefully this version with fix that. Thanks for staying on top of things Numenor
Test Subject
#216 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 10:41 PM
ATTENTION ALL NON BV USERS!!
okay, you guys PLZ uncheck the "Garden Rock: FIX" or you CANNOT enter you decorations.... misc without your game crashing. it is NOT your cc. BE CAREFUL

Spread the word::: Stop Global Warming Or All The Reese's Will Melt
bunnicula! bleh! *hop* bleh!
Test Subject
#217 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 2:22 PM
I have windows vista and CEP does not install completely. help
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#218 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 5:00 PM
davesmomster, can you please elaborate? What do you mean by 'does not install completely'.
Scholar
#219 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 4:56 AM
I will just chime in and add as a FYI that I too am unable to use CEP (the version as of December 21 2008). I have just the same situation JaynaeMiller reported. I know it is CEP because my game returned to stability when I removed CEP. I do not ask for help since I will try recommendation made to JaynaeMiller and if that fails, will wait for next CEP, but I'm just making a report so to give an idea that the problem is not isolated to a couple of people.

I have no other hacks and no mods except for the one that gets rid of green witch skin. When I get my vision back fully (I have eye infection and medication blurring my eyes) I will try to study the tutorials so I can learn how to make better error reports. I am sorry right now I am very non-technical and not knowing how to get the troubleshooting information you need.

Still I totally appreciate all your hard work Numenor and I wish you a very happy holiday and a healthy happy new year.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Test Subject
#220 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 5:24 PM
OKAy I downloaded this amazing tool.I have thesims2 double deluxe and the only propblem is I don't know how to recolor
Can anyone like point me in the right direction please ^^
Field Researcher
#221 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by svpqueen
OKAy I downloaded this amazing tool.I have thesims2 double deluxe and the only propblem is I don't know how to recolor
Can anyone like point me in the right direction please ^^

Well, there are MANY helpful tutorials out there, and I would suggest starting with the ones right here, on MTS2. At the top of your screen click on the "Create" tab & then click on "Tutorials". Or if you just want to start with recoloring objects, you could use this link to go directly to the beginners section, recoloring objects-beginners section. Good luck, have fun & Merry Christmas!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
#222 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 4:49 PM Last edited by darkvineyard : 27th Dec 2008 at 4:57 PM. Reason: I am a grammar nerd.
Default CEP vs OFB & Bon Voyage [Mac User]
I have been using the CEP, and I have encountered no problems [with the CEP], at least none that I was aware of. But now I have a problem with my game and the CEP. Maybe it's just the game; I *have* heard of people having problems with BV.

Yesterday, I bought OFB and BV (apple store didn't have Uni or NL, darn!), and so I installed them both. I just installed The Sims 2 combo patch, but the problem did not go away.

I have a couple of screenshots so you can have a visual of what I see on my screen.

Maybe I haven't encountered this problem before because when I first installed The Sims 2 base game, I didn't put the custom content in until after I changed my game settings, and I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. I didn't do that on purpose; I was just planning to change my screen size, and I forgot about enabling CC, so I just checked it since I was already there. I don't know if this is relevant or not.

Besides wanting to know how I can solve this problem, I would also like to know if it is safe to remove the files that are listed/mentioned in the screenshots provided. Would the CEP still work?

I don't think that would be a good idea, but I'd like to get confirmation of that, hehe. ^^;;

I did search this thread with the keywords 'bon voyage' hoping to see if someone had a similar problem, but I didn't see anything.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 5:24 PM
Uh, that's normal. If I'm understanding what you're getting at. The screen you have pictures of is new to you. Well, that's just telling you what is in your game. I believe you can delete the special packages for CEP without a problem, they're in their own folder after all. But if you download custom content that requires these specials that CEP installs you won't be able to view or use those recolors.

Proud Member of The Sim Supply . Always looking for new members. Newest project, Modern Stuff Pack.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#224 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 5:57 PM
summersong86, it would be useful if you could tell us when the game crashes (when you access a catalog? When you build?) and which EPs you have.
darkvineyard, as PenChris says this screen is normal. You do not need to delete anything unless it is causing other issues. To prevent that screen from showing you can go into game options, ensure custom content is enabled and then click disabled next to the 'display custom content dialog' option.
Test Subject
#225 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 3:05 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 9th Jan 2009 at 1:34 AM.
Risks?
PenChris - Okay, so this is a normal occurrence, I can understand that. *nods*
Though I am wary, if not a little worried, about how it will effect my game. I understand the risks of hacked objects, so there it is not necessary to explain any risks said hacked objects may have in my game; what I would like to know: if the notification message in my screenshot is a normal occurrence, then what risks are there for non-hacked objects in my game?

simsample - First thank you for that advice, but I have to admit, I am actually very familiar with the game options; in my first post, I mentioned enabling custom content before putting said CC into my downloads folder. When I bought OFB and BV though, this time I forgot to do that, which prompted me to post this inquiry. (: But again, thank you. I really do appreciate any help I can get on this issue. *grateful*
Page 9 of 42