Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fully Functioning Working Basements

by snappledude21 Posted 30th Jun 2005 at 5:23 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2005 at 3:21 AM by snappledude21 : works again

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 24th May 2006 at 6:32 PM
hello !!

It doesn't work correctly on my game !!
Please, send me the originals "walls.txt" and "deckfoundations.txt" by mail !!
[email protected]

I've just forgot to save the original files !! :o(

Thanks !!
Excuse my english, i'm french !!
Test Subject
#52 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 11:20 PM
But why can't I find "TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts"?? I don't have these files!! What should I do? Q_Q

Where the heart is, where the home is.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 7:15 AM
This crashed my game. I'm gonna stick with the old way of making basements, thanks anyway.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ailsa1208
But why can't I find "TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts"?? I don't have these files!! What should I do? Q_Q

The Sims 2 has files in two places: My Documents, where the Downloads folder is, and Program Files, where the TSData, etc. stuff is. So you need to look in a completely different place on your computer than the place where you put your downloads.

Snappledude21 has given the path that should take you to the right place: it's C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts

This crashed my game, though, so back up EVERYTHING before you try it.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 8:07 PM Last edited by MorriganRane : 13th Mar 2007 at 1:56 AM.
its either your config or numenors custome walls that cause problems with seasons new curved pool tool ...you may want to look into that

I'm not sure wether its the custom walls config of the foundation config that caused the problem as it takes quite a long time for my game to lode and i don't get to play very often so i have to get the most out of my time, so i have not been able to have them in sepratly to see which one, so i left this comment in both.

here some pictures of the problem i had before removing them.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...c0_32fb642d.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...c0_12fb4a95.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...c0_92fb4a7f.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...11_12fc5711.jpg

I tried to get decent pics of this, As you can see (hopefully) instead of the curved tool it was acting like the squared tool, but it was leaving ground tiles above it, and mearly removing the ground under it ...err ...my written description is akward. the word tile is not exactly the right word for what is left above the pool ..or for what is removed under the ground.

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 11th May 2007 at 8:12 AM
wow awesome idea, i am too crazy to understand though
Test Subject
#57 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 3:40 AM
OK, I know that this hack has been up here for a long time, but oh well.

You technically don't have to have this hack to place items on foundation walls; if you just edit the walls.txt file in your "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts" : you can easily make it so you can put things on them. Just scroll down to # foundation walls and change "mayAttachObjects false" to "mayAttachObjects true," without the quotation marks. And if you wish to cut away foundation walls like regular walls, change the "mayCutAway false" to "mayCutAway true."

Just remember to BACK UP the original walls.txt file. So far, this is compatible with all custom walls I've tried, and it hasn't ruined my game at all.
Test Subject
#58 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 12:54 AM Last edited by ajonesy101 : 13th Aug 2007 at 1:27 AM.
Why do you need this hack to make a basement? If your lay a brick foundation and lower it down one length of wallpaper, then delete all of it but one square of bricks around the outer border then put a floor over the hole you can make a fully functioning basement with doors and walls and everything. plus if you have the slope in the one foundation brick, there are no slopes outside of the foundation.
Test Subject
#59 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eddyg86
i want a basement.. not a room in a hole.. how does one get rid of that one-square slope surrounding the 'basement' room? if you make a basement the old way.. it had the extra wall bit around which hid that 1 square slope.. but you couldn't attach anything to the walls.. that was the issue.. now we only have one wall.. cool.. but we have that slope visible..

what do i do to remove that?

To remove the slope, build a foundation and lower it the correct amount. After that delete all of the foundation except one square around the border. Then put a floor over the hole. even the floor of the hole to the foundation walls. that way the slope should be encased in the foundation walls and not around the house or in the basement. After that you should be able to delete the remaining foundation and put a wall at the bottom of the slope. But then put a foundation back over the slope. Then you can add walls and doors and wall hangings. It's a bit much to do but it's saves a lot of space and makes a more realistics basement.

i hope you can understand this! enjoy P.S. I don't use this hack or any hack in this method, this hack doesn't really help for this purpose.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 1:32 AM
I'm an idiot. To keep using the separate text for a modified foundation, the 93 and 94 on both the deck and wall text strings need to be changed to something like 120 and 121 to make sure that they are not using the same number as the seasons pool corner which is 93.

What I would like to do is use numenors scriptorium instead of modifying my core files, but I am unsure if the deck modification would work from there.

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 1:05 AM
Isn't there just a way to allow slopes to be 90 degrees down instead of a less angle?
Test Subject
#62 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 4:23 PM
Err... I don't find the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts... Can anyone help me?
Test Subject
#63 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 11:01 PM
TXT instead of ZIP
Can you make it with zip too? I don't know how to use TXT. Ty
Test Subject
#64 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by schwarzdrossel
Err... I don't find the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts... Can anyone help me?

Dude, go to my computer\Prespario C:\and take it from there!
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eddyg86
i want a basement.. not a room in a hole.. how does one get rid of that one-square slope surrounding the 'basement' room? if you make a basement the old way.. it had the extra wall bit around which hid that 1 square slope.. but you couldn't attach anything to the walls.. that was the issue.. now we only have one wall.. cool.. but we have that slope visible..

what do i do to remove that?

here is how i remove the slope issues
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=242420
and
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=313232
both are great for hiding the slope left after making a basement, hope this helps

Hail Eris goddess of discord
Instructor
#66 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 5:44 PM
how do we install if we have the Scriptorium

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Page 3 of 3