Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1826 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 8:51 AM
I have some tuning mods. Like tuning attraction or frequency or stuff like that.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1827 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 11:03 AM
1.46 GB, 4,802 Files, 86 Folders today

Compared to:
1.16 GB, 3,906 Files, 64 Folders on 16th December 2015
893 MB, 3,041 Files, 44 Folders in 21st November 2014,
515 MB, 2,080 Files, 20 Folders on 13th January 2014,
401 MB, 1,705 Files, 12 Folders on 4th October 2013
and
296 MB, 1.262 Files, 4 Folders on 27th March 2013.

I see I haven't posted in this thread for a couple of years. I've now been playing for just over 5 years, since late November 2012. Unlike many players, I knew about CC clothing even before I bought the game, and I went mad downloading it in my first few weeks and months playing. Once I started to play, I very quickly discovered CC hair too, and decided I needed a lot of it just to keep my Sims looking different from each other. I was often happy enough to dress my females in Maxis clothes, but Maxis just didn't make the sort of stuff that I wanted for my boys (of all ages). To this day, a high proportion of my CC consists of clothing and hair. I am a bit more restrained in my downloading now than I was at the beginning; 900 files in the last 2 years isn't too bad? I downloaded a bit of Build/Buy stuff earlier this year, while I was playing along in joandsarah77's Community Spirit contest. My Sims tend to live in Maxis-built houses, but sometimes I need CC to get the effect I want. (I only have the first 3 EPs.) I hardly ever remove anything unless it's not working for me, so my game loads slower than it used to, but at 10 to 15 minutes, it's quite acceptable to me. Like Jo, I just do something else while it's loading.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#1828 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 11:45 AM
about 2.5 gb or something of course you have to blame maxis for ugly clothing and bad furniture oh and delphys download organizer has helped so much in cleaning out my folder

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Instructor
#1829 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 11:56 AM Last edited by legacyoffailures : 3rd Jan 2018 at 7:46 PM.
I'm sorry if I missed something here but what kind of tuning mods that The Sims 2 has for attraction? Nuking the swooning and gagging? Pescado's romancemod? Because tuning mod for attraction system belongs to The Sims 3.
Theorist
#1830 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 2:06 PM
4,3 GB, compared to like 500 MB the last time I looked O_o
Top Secret Researcher
#1831 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 5:27 PM
6.95 GB (7 GB on disk, whatever that means, I have the UC, there is no disk)
25,092 files 1,877 folders

Every-time this thread comes up I have added more ^_^

My Simblr
He/They
Link Ninja
#1832 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 5:40 PM
I actually looked at this yesterday because someone on discord asked and now I am 14 GB vs the 10 GB I was when I replied to this thread last June. Yep, I had some CC binges since then...

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#1833 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 6:45 PM
1.76 GB

Mine is so tiny compared to most others, lol.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Field Researcher
#1834 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 11:01 PM
As of right now... 185 MB and 468 files (including subfolders).

Ridiculously small, I know, but I've started over on a new computer and am bundling recolours that I'll only ever remove as a set, and tweaking prices and descriptions. So it's slow going, as I have to keep shuffling stuff off to SimPE (on Windows), testing (on macOS), tweaking (back to Windows again). I've very nearly finished adding stairs, and am about halfway through my fence and gate collection. For a bit of light relief I updated a bunch of CC computers to Bon Voyage this evening, as it's very boring only having the Honeywell and the Little Sister available.

(I do have 5 GB and 10,000 items in unsorted downloads still to get to though...)
Mad Poster
#1835 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:32 AM
As of right now, just under 8 Gb (23687 files, 2227 folders). If I keep reading the WCIF forum and "Look at this awesome thing I found" thread, it won't stay that way long.
Instructor
#1836 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:48 AM
Almost 11 GB >_< I was trying to lower it down to 6! How much of that am I actually using?
Mad Poster
#1837 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:54 AM
8.41 gigabytes.

I should use my involuntary hiatus as an opportunity to clean it out, to be honest.

Also, RidNacs (ScanDir in reverse!) is great for tracking down where your disk space is going.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#1838 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
I'm sorry if I missed something here but what kind of tuning mods that The Sims 2 has for attraction? Nuking the swooping and gaggling? Pescado's romancemod? Because tuning mod for attraction system belongs to The Sims 3.

Attraction as in how attractive an object is to a sim.

Or how fast something skills a sim. Or how fast a motive is increased/decreased. Those can be tuned to just how you like them.
Test Subject
#1839 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 8:51 PM

I sternly told myself 7 gigs was my limit and yet.... here we are.....
Instructor
#1840 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 7:33 PM Last edited by legacyoffailures : 3rd Jan 2018 at 7:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Attraction as in how attractive an object is to a sim.

Or how fast something skills a sim. Or how fast a motive is increased/decreased. Those can be tuned to just how you like them.

I had no idea that Sims can also swoon or gag at objects, for example, television.
Lab Assistant
#1841 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 8:46 PM
Oh oh, my trouble weighs as much as 29.5 GB
Lab Assistant
#1842 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 2:41 AM
1.3 GB and always looking for more.
Instructor
#1843 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 10:24 AM
In my "No CC" Hood I've just 31 MB (premade Sims, clothing rack and 3/4 mods, like the no red line);
In my main hood (Belladonna) I've reached the 6.65 GB. The problem is that I'm having less and less time to play and honestly I don't like to have to wait 20 min for the game to load.
Scholar
#1844 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
In my "No CC" Hood I've just 31 MB (premade Sims, clothing rack and 3/4 mods, like the no red line);
In my main hood (Belladonna) I've reached the 6.65 GB. The problem is that I'm having less and less time to play and honestly I don't like to have to wait 20 min for the game to load.

i think i've heard you can combine files to decrease load times?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1845 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234

Yes, you can though bear in mind this also makes deleting more risky.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#1846 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234

Well, I've been renaming file and compressorizing them for ages now, so that it could be a way to save extra time, but...
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Yes, you can though bear in mind this also makes deleting more risky.

And making hard to resolve conflicts/get rid of old stuff. Last time I checked my AF Hair I was very disappointed with some of 'em that I might actually clean them. It's weird, since months ago I was so happy with my CC!
Also, apparently my sims can't continue a painting if they stop, so I should try to see why. But I was so lazy that I just added a mod to paint quicker instead of looking for the problem

Thanks for the tip, I think some files should be safe to merge anyway
Forum Resident
#1847 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 7:00 PM
3.50GB now...

Veranka and Poppet can do some serious damage to your Downloads space...

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Field Researcher
#1848 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:47 PM
How Much Custom Content Is In My Game?

Plenty. And guess what? It is never enough. And no matter how many gigabytes, I only use 30% and the rest is just there, collecting dust, taking up space and slowing my game down.

I need to sit down with a pitch full of coffee and delete all the trash some day, but I barely have the time to sleep 5 hours a day, so I doubt it will happen soon. It is a privileged plan in my must-do list, along with making a must-do list.
Scholar
#1849 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:59 PM
Almost 5GB...

I do need to work through it, removing certain pieces that rarely, if ever, get used. This applies especially to hair and clothing, but there are objects among the list that hardly ever get picked. My houses tend to be function over form, so clutter only gets dusted off when I'm either wanting to take photos or redecorating when a sim has enough money for a full room makeover.

However, a lot of clutter items are badly categorized (in my opinion) so I do need to sort them out... however, it's a tedious process to do... my personal catalog edits took long enough!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1850 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Veranka and Poppet can do some serious damage to your Downloads space...

There are lots of creators that do that for me- I have over 10,000 files of Maxis recolours by Miss Piggi. Anyone remember her? Rivalled only by my folder of Michelle recolours. :lovestruc
Page 74 of 81