Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 4:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Resolution...
I am almost certain this doesn't fit here but upon trying to find the right place in gameplay help I saw nowhere to add a new thread...so I apoligise for that.

I read the MTS article on not being able to change resolution higher then 800x600 or something similar. I tried what the article said about going into the settings and making sure the resolution was not forced to this size - it wasn't (it had 'false' written next to it).

I went on to read that some graphics cards don't let you have a higher resolution then this. I would have accepted this apart from the fact upon re-installing the game this is the first time I have ever been stuck with this one screen size - on the same graphics card as I have had all along - so this couldn't be the answer either.

I really do not understand why it has suddenly decided I can't have a higher resolution when I've always been able to have a higher one? Any help would be very appreciated and I thank you so much in advance as this is doing my head in, it doesn't make any sense!!

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 5:48 PM
Read all the way to the bottom of Game Help. There is a link for the help forum as a reward for people who actually read the whole page.

I have no idea about the problem, but the Game Help link -is- there at the bottom of the page.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
shiny!
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 6:18 PM
Just a few below yours: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...ight=resolution

Could also be a driver issue. I would recommend updating your video and chipset drivers and directx. If you need help with that please post system specs: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...:System%20Specs
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 7:23 PM
Thank you for the links, I read through and managed to sort the problem

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Locked thread | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: Fixed