Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 2:57 PM Last edited by Babynerd_16 : 10th Aug 2009 at 1:25 AM.
A Look Under The Perfect life - Legacy
So I was thinking and I thought what happens if a couple were seemingly perfect but had uber problems. This is what I got:

Background story: I thought Wayne (insert whatever name you want) was perfect. He was everything to me. He was nice, sincere and loving. Yet after we tied the knot it was like he had turned into someone I could not live with. I still loved him; I couldn’t find an escape till I read a book on how to improve your writing abilities. I got an idea to write about everything that happens to me in a diary like style. Future generations would know about what happened to me, and I hope they learn from my diaries.

1)Character Design:
First create a YA female sim. Her genetics may be of your choosing.
Her clothes must have this kind of feel to them:
 Simple, clean, earthy or sunset colors, deep/ darker colors, NO black please (you can have it in small amounts but no major pieces in all black)
Her traits must be: Artistic, Bookworm, Computer Whiz, Coward, Genius
Then create a YA male sim. His genetics may be of your choosing.
His clothes must have this kind of feel to them: Richy, Casanova-ish, Well dressed, Hint of a dark-side, some light colors
His traits must be: Ambitious, Family-oriented, Mean-Spirited, Evil, Genius

Day-to-Day Life:
Female’s Routine
Get a part time job at bookstore or grocery store
Work on maxing out writing skill
Work on painting skill for an extra income
All books must be non-fiction and must be named Diary Vol. 1, Diary Vol. 2 etc….
Fight with husband and then make up
Try for baby until pregnant, after baby is born wait two days and then try again (Max number of kids by spouse- 3 rest of the kids must come from the spouse’s affairs if you want more kids)
Work on cooking skill
Male’s Routine
Get a full-time job (if you have a lifetime wish in a certain career that is where you must get your job)
Work on all skills
Must constantly hang out with boss and co-workers (You are a dog! A pig! Work this to your advantage and get that promotion!)
Have an affair behind your wife’s back (You can have as many affairs as you want but you must claim every child that is born from your nightly rendezvous)
Must get another women pregnant (Watch this other women because you must claim this child and move it in with you and your wife)
Must plant a garden but you can’t work it only your wife can tend the garden
Before you turn into a elder you must build a bigger house that will be used as your “family” house

Restrictions:
1.No cheats! Or hacks or mod thingys
2.Must start out EXTREMELY poor like most legacies
3.The wife can’t have any affairs
4.Must stay married, fight but don’t fight so much the relationship is irreparable
5.Kids must be over- achievers
6.Every Book written by the wife is going to be passed down through ten generations (especially the Diaries)

Edit: Both spouses can have affairs.

Edit The roles can be reversed if you want it can be the man staying home and the women being the dogette............or something like that

Edit: I shall add a point system. This list is kinda rough but with more help from people it will become refined.

+5 for every book that was passed down through the ten generations
+5 for every child born from the marriage
+10 for every affair that wasn't discovered
+3 for every child born outside the marriage
+10 for every child raised with all toddler skills and A+ average
-5 for every accident that happens and no one dies
-10 for every accident that happens and someone dies
-12 for every affair discovered
-5 for every time social services had to come

thats all i can think of for right now. Please make suggestions for more things to add to the point system, and make suggestions about what the final total score should be! Thanks a bunch!

If you have any ideas to improve this or you have questions please let me know! Thanks a bunch!

*P.S. The whole point is your going to try and pass down the books through all ten generations. O.o all those books......lol....hope none of them get lost!

Some people are always leaving, But I am here for a lifetime.

Strange and Beautiful
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 3:57 PM
I don't see the challenge. Isn't this how things work normally? What is the goal?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 4:11 PM
Hmmmmmm........yes I do see your point......It was just an idea, that's why i threw this up here. I guess it is like any other legacy but with some new quirks and ideas and restrictions. But i am willing to accept ideas on how to make it harder and more challenging. Some great challenges start of weak and maybe have no solid point to them then people from the sims community give their input and help make it into a shiny awesome challenge. J. M. Pescado If you have any ideas you may throw them in to help this grow into a cool challenge thingy. That goes for anyone who reads this give me your ideas so i can improve this. Thanks a bunch :P

Strange and Beautiful
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
I don't see the challenge. Isn't this how things work normally? What is the goal?

For me, creating a family is already challenging.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is an EA game! What's to win? You have already lost 50 bucks when you bought a game that contains even less than TS2 base game, and you're gonna spend ten times more if you want to get all the features that you enjoyed in TS2!
--The Sims 3 Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 7:39 PM
That is funny! lol :D

Strange and Beautiful
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:27 PM
holy sexism, batman
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 9:19 PM
Hmmmm......it kinda is isn't it......well we could say the roles could be reversed? It still works I think.
Edit: I didn't mean to be sexist, honestly. Please don't beat me up!

Strange and Beautiful
Banned
#8 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 4:13 AM
How about a no money cheat rule.
Can the wife have an affair too?
How about the goal is to have the wife earn at least 100,000 a week in book royalites/wages. Then you can say she has earned enough to be able to divorce him and move into a nice house.
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 5:11 PM
This is a great idea, and it would work really well for an actual Sim story too!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 8:04 PM
Yes it is incredibly sexist for the man to be a pig and the woman to have so little self respect that she knows it and stays with him. I know you tried to say you can switch the roles, and that could work, but I would like to suggest that either spouse could have affairs, as long as they are kept secret.
It is an interesting idea you've got, it's just that it seems more like a story than a challenge, with the lack of hard and fast rules and ways to score points.
Maybe score points by how many affairs either spouse has without getting caught?
Maybe subtract points if they do get caught?
I like the idea of the kids being over achievers, I think it kind of adds to the meaning of the challenge, which is to pretend like everythings perfect, when really its bad.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by withoutmywings
Yes it is incredibly sexist for the man to be a pig and the woman to have so little self respect that she knows it and stays with him.
Baww.

It's a challenge, there are supposed to be rules involved. The rules of this challenge play out like that, so be it. If you want to do the challenge in your own time, no one's stopping you from modifying it to be less 'sexist'.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 5:23 AM
I like this I have been in need of a way to test out late night master of seduction life time list then he can be a bissness man on the side yes I did that I like having the guy bad he is going to be at the bar all the dam time
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by withoutmywings
Yes it is incredibly sexist for the man to be a pig and the woman to have so little self respect that she knows it and stays with him. I know you tried to say you can switch the roles, and that could work, but I would like to suggest that either spouse could have affairs, as long as they are kept secret.
It is an interesting idea you've got, it's just that it seems more like a story than a challenge, with the lack of hard and fast rules and ways to score points.
Maybe score points by how many affairs either spouse has without getting caught?
Maybe subtract points if they do get caught?
I like the idea of the kids being over achievers, I think it kind of adds to the meaning of the challenge, which is to pretend like everythings perfect, when really its bad.

well I thinks its a good idea it helps if you have late night and this dose happen in real life so I am sorry to burst you bubble but there is still sexism in the world