Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:30 PM Last edited by mssrxprongs : 7th Aug 2010 at 2:25 AM.
Default Hidden Traits Legacy Challenge
So, I was getting pretty bored with my sims, but noticed a few kids were getting hidden traits from mom & dad. So I decided to see if I can get a sim with every hidden trait - without using mods. So here's the challenge...

Your Goal:
Have as many of the hidden traits as possible by the end of the challenge.

The hidden traits are:
  • Pyromaniac - Ignite random things around you^
  • Immune to Fire - Sim becomes fireproof^
  • Makes No Messes - Sim will not make any mess
  • Burglar - Sneak anywhere
  • Can apprehend Burglar - Should be able to apprehend burglars
  • Can Salute - "Salute" appears under Friendly pie menu
  • Pizza Appreciator - More positive mood points for eating pizza
  • Rocker - Natural feeling of rock-stardom
  • EP01/Asian Culture - Chinese-themed idle animations, chopsticks, etc [WA]
  • EP01/Egyptian Culture - Sing Middle Eastern songs autonomously, etc[WA]
  • EP01/French Culture - Sing French songs autonomously, etc [WA]
That's a total of 8 Traits for base game & Ambitions, 11 including WA.

^Sims will receive either one of these two traits. I'm not sure if it's possible to have both without using mods. If you're missing one of these two traits, and have the other, it's fine.

So now for some rules:
  • You may NOT use any mods, other than to view hidden traits or move in the mother / father using testingcheats.
  • Awesome mod, Twallans master controller mod, and a few others can show you which hidden traits your sim has.
  • You must play on a normal lifespan, or shorter.
  • Start out with a single sim, made in CAS. All their traits and features are to your choosing.

Losing the Challenge
You can lose the challenge if:
  • Your main sim dies*
  • A generation goes by without any new hidden traits.

*Your main sim is the one you chose to continue your legacy with (and probably the one with the most hidden traits). If your main sim dies, and they have a sibling with all their same traits, then that sim will become your main. Otherwise, its game over.

The challenge ends when you reach the 8th generation (base game), 12th generation (WA only), 9th generation (Ambitions only), or 13th generation (WA & Ambitions). The challenge can end early if your main sim has all the hidden traits before the given generation is reached.

So who wants points?
Well, if you do, then here you go:
  • +10 for every LTW completed
  • +50 if the parents are married before the FIRST sim is born**
  • -50 if the parents aren't married before the first sim is born**
  • +20 for multiple NEW hidden traits given to a generation (ex: the sim receives a hidden trait from each parent, instead of from only one.)
  • +50 for every generation before the given generation (depending on your expansions) that the challenge is completed.
  • +10 per sim other than your main (this means their siblings) that have 3 or more hidden traits for base game or Ambitions only; use 5 or more hidden traits for WA only, and for WA + Ambitions.
  • -50 if your main sim doesn't age up well (you don't get to chose the traits they develop)
  • -20 for any sim other than your main that doesn't age up well.
**This is before birth, not conception of the child.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:40 PM
The Hidden Traits mod link you gave is for TS2, but this seems like a pretty interesting idea.

I'm the best of all my towel buddies, because...
--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
grillcheesesammich: quirky linen has the highest thread count =]
snapple fact.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#3 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:19 PM
SimBot and mummy aren't really "traits" that you can acquire, they're "Occult" statii. It is not possible to "become" a SimBot, and SimBots cannot reproduce to pass anything on or acquire traits from anyone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:18 AM
Linen - Thanks, I just searched for the mod, and since I had the site set on Sims 3 before, I assumed all my results would be for Sims 3. I've taken out the link now.

Pescado - Those were just on a list of traits I found. I had figured as much, but seeing as I still only have base game (and about 6 free gigs on my HDD :/) I wasn't sure. Thanks though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 3:06 AM
So here's my story so far, just about to reach generation 2.

Alecia, an aspiring astronaut, is getting ready for her first day of work. Although cleaning the latrines may not be her dream job, it's a start.

Although she didn't have much, her tiny house was plenty for herself, a working single sim.

But before she new it, Alecia had gotten married. To Eugene Hunter (now Eugene Ivanov), a local police man in Sunset Valley.

Pretty soon, Alecia and Eugene found out they were having a baby.

And with a new addition to the family, an addition to the house was also added.

Not a moment after the addition was finished, Alecia went into labor. Being the first child, Eugene had no idea what to do, and was freaking out himself.

After a few hours, and a lot of stress for both the parents, baby Noah was born into the family.

What seemed like only a few days later, Noah was celebrating a birthday. With a rampant toddler abound, Alecia knew she had her hands full.

Time flies when teaching your toddler everything they need to know. Before anyone knew it, Noah was becoming a child.

Missing having a baby or toddler to take care of, Alecia and Eugene decided to try for another child. Alecia was just upgrading the sink when her baby bump appeared. Baby number two was on it's way!

With a second child on the way, the Ivanov's knew they'd need more space. After a second remodel, this was their house. It may be small, but it's home to the Ivanov family.

Greeting his mother with a salute, it's clear that all Alecia has learned in the military has been passed down to Noah.

And knowing there was a new sibling on the way, Noah couldn't help but feel his mother's tummy.

No sooner than the boys had headed off to work and school, did Alecia go into labor. Having no one to drive her to the hospital, Alecia decided on a home birth.

And a new baby boy was gladly welcomed into the family. After talking to Eugene at work, they decided to name their new son Joel.

With Eugene about to reach Elder age status, the couple wasted no time on trying for a third child.

And in what seems like no time at all, Joel has become a toddler himself.

Just after Eugene had rushed off to work to examine some new evidence, Alecia goes into labor again. Clearly she is wondering if she'll ever achieve her dream of becoming an astronaut with all these kids to raise.

Just as day broke, a baby girl was born into the family. Noah had just woken up, and suggested to name his new sister Olivia. Knowing it was their last, Alecia and Eugene went with Noah's suggestion.

Just as soon as Noah pulled a muffin out of his oven, he had his birthday. Alecia dropped her work out, and ran straight over to cheer Noah on. Eugene, however, had been tending his garden and had a bit of trouble getting inside with his old bones. Eugene was also pretty tired, and running was not a choice for him. Sadly Eugene missed Noah's birthday.

Joel still being a toddler and Olivia a newborn, Noah was excited to help out with his younger siblings. But also being old enough to work, Noah's first wish as a teenager was to get a job. Will Noah stay home after school, and help raise his younger brother and sister, or will Noah get a job and help out with the money? Only time shall tell.
Theorist
#6 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 11:13 AM
So how do you know whether or not your Sim's children has gotten the Hidden trait?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
So how do you know whether or not your Sim's children has gotten the Hidden trait?

1)if they have a hidden trait, they'll be able to preform a certain action. Ex: Noah has the "can salute" trait, because "Salute" appears in the friendly pie menu.
2)As mentioned in my original post, there are a few different mods you can use to check. For example, using twallan's mod. Click on the sim > Nrras > Advanced > Traits. Scroll down looking for the hidden traits. If it has "000" next to it, your sim doesn't have it, however if it's got "001" next to it, your sim has this trait. (Note: Twallan's mod will show you all traits. Hidden traits, along with any from expansions you don't have, will be missing an icon in the left hand column)
Alchemist
#8 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 3:27 PM
With Twallan's master controller, you can also just click the sim and check status > personal and it lists all thats Sim's traits, including the hidden ones. That's how I discovered two of my Sims are Immune to Fire and Can Apprehend Burglars. Those two traits don't give you any new actions to perform on command, they only come into play if you set them on fire or have a burglar and no alarm.
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 10:55 AM
Ooooh, I'm in!
Currently I have a second generation pyro as my main sim, working on getting her children to have the sneak ability.
Come to think of it, my main's mother was at the top of the rock star career, they may have the rocker trait. How do you test for that, anyways?