Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho [Pets/ Showtime Version]- Supernatural/Seasons Lot updates 26 Dec 2012

by simsample Posted 1st Sep 2012 at 4:39 AM - Updated 20th Dec 2015 at 8:28 PM by simsample

175 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 6:04 AM
Here's hoping we see an upgrade for Supernatural and Seasons sometime soon.
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 12:09 AM
Simsample, not sure where to ask this question but...I downloaded the CAW files to replace the autumn trees with green trees for Seasons. But I am unable to get SuperCaw to work with the new update. It crashes and it seems it just does that for some people. So I noticed you said we could compile the Extra files manually. Where do I put these exactly? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I am absolutely confident I can do this but just need to be pointed in the right direction. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#78 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 12:51 PM
Just an additional thanks - Jericho looks amazing through the seasons - trying at the moment to build SN lots and a specific residential lot (a deserted monastery with a secret) of my own to add - mine are nothing like as good as yours; and in trying to build to the same level of detail has made me realise just how much work has gone into this world of yours! Thank you so much for sharing it - and giving me a quality mark to aim for!

My new founder family has been started in Jericho as well - spending far too much time playing and building!

Thank you again for all your hard work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#79 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 9:24 AM
I can't use the world, when I try to unzip it it says that the file is damaged. I redownloaded all the archives twice, nothing changed.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 3:36 PM
Proudsim_Skin- Click 'Techy Stuff- please read before posting> Frequently asked questions' on the first page.

TammyLin Saphir- Better not- it's against the rules here! I hope you get some nice presents for Christmas, maybe.

eclipsse- I'm glad you like Jericho! I'm not that familiar with the Max Headroom TV series since I live in the UK- I mainly remember him as being a veejay on a Channel 4 program. He also had a hit record with Art of Noise. Perhaps you could make those characters and have them in-game- a Max Headroom sim would be great, too! Thanks for your great comment.

kece- Thanks for your comment! I'm glad you're enjoying Jericho, let me know if you still have trouble with the Asylum.

DutchySim- I'm glad you like it, thanks for commenting!

purple_roses2110- I'm glad you got it working, I hope you have fun!

Mslovely- Thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Rita Hateworth- Thanks, I'm glad you like Jericho! The link works fine for me, I have my studio set to public, too. Let me know if you still can't see them!

Casper2k3- Thank you!

braaaaains- Thank you, I'm glad you like it! The original Jericho took around two years, then I spent a few weeks upgrading it to this version. Yes, I built everything in this world- each tree, chair, door and plant was personally placed by me. I made the terrain textures, the colour overrides, the weather, some of the mods I used. It was a big learning curve, and I had a lot of help on the MTS Create> Sims 3> Create a world forum. Thanks for your lovely comment!

hzande- I'm glad you got it working!

thug_sweetie77 and JedahDemon- Perhaps you could update it yourselves, we'd love to see pictures!

rian90- Check out the SuperCAW thread, I updated it today.

eclipsse- Please send some pictures of the new lots, maybe you could upload some of them, too! We'd also like to see pics of your sims on the Sim Pictures forum Thanks for the great comment!

Lord Vetinari- Did you try the alternative download on the front page?

Thanks all for playing and commenting!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#81 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 11:17 PM
Hello, I think the world is AWESOME, but when I play with it the game crashes!Is there anything I can do to solve that?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#82 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 4:25 PM
Yes, now it unzipped properly. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 12:36 PM Last edited by eclipsse : 12th Dec 2012 at 3:34 PM. Reason: spelling & apology for lack of ability in quoting!
I'm glad you like Jericho! I'm not that familiar with the Max Headroom TV series since I live in the UK- I mainly remember him as being a veejay on a Channel 4 program. He also had a hit record with Art of Noise. Perhaps you could make those characters and have them in-game- a Max Headroom sim would be great, too! Thanks for your great comment.

(sorry - couldn't get quote to work properly)

I am also a UK resident - and that explains your lovely, more realistic skies!

Max Headroom was indeed a veejay launched in C4's very early programming, but proved so popular that C4 commissioned a series 'explaining' how Max became what he was - subtitled '20 minutes into the future'. There were two very short seasons - something like 17 episodes in all - the premise was that everything was controlled effectively by the big TV corporations, having an off-switch for the TV was a criminal offence - it predicted 24-hour programming and the massive variety of channels we now have. Great storylines & characters - though probably really hard work for Matt Frewer - who played both Edison Carter & Max. It was shown first in the UK, then on the Sci-Fi channel (I think) in the US.

I have thought about doing the characters, but it really needs a very dystopian, steampunky world for them - much grimmer than the ones that are usually published. If I find one (and can tear myself away from Jericho) I might give it a go! My worldbuilding skills are really not good enough to try myself - sadly!

As soon as I am happy with any of the lots, I will post pics - the residential one is furthest along but not there yet!

btw - love your Jericho families - particularly your mad scientist - in my founder game he is teaching the child chess!

"I read because one life isn't enough, and in the page of a book I can be anybody...I read because the words that build the story become mine, to build my life...I read not for happy endings but for new beginnings; I'm just beginning myself, and I wouldn't mind a map..."
Richard Peck
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 8:11 AM
Hey,
I love this world that you make)
Just make sure before download, is it work on Seasons?
Thx.)
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bagoes Abyoso
Hey,
I love this world that you make)
Just make sure before download, is it work on Seasons?
Thx.)

Works great in seasons for me - you do need to start a new game though - saves don't seem to work (or mine, don't, anyway)

"I read because one life isn't enough, and in the page of a book I can be anybody...I read because the words that build the story become mine, to build my life...I read not for happy endings but for new beginnings; I'm just beginning myself, and I wouldn't mind a map..."
Richard Peck
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#86 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 5:59 AM Last edited by tf1058 : 13th Dec 2012 at 6:01 AM. Reason: Typos
I like this city.This is like a hybrid of Twinbrook and Bridgeport, but much better.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 3:50 AM
I just started playing Jericho and have been blown away by the amount of work you have put into this. It really is a beautiful town.
transmogrified
retired moderator THANKS POST
#88 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 4:21 AM
Thank you so much for updating Jericho and sharing your work. I finally got a computer with more than 4GB of RAM, and it's a pleasure to play Jericho without fear of losing my progress to the dreaded Error 12 on save. And the updated town is so much fun to explore...like a place I've lived and am revisiting for the first time in years. Didn't there used to be an upscale library where this club is now? :-( Hey! There's a stage in the park! If you do ever decide to share a version for Supes + Seasons, I know I'll enjoy the same sense of rediscovery.

Anyway, I hope I'll finally be able to solve the cemetery tomb!
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 10:56 PM
A question for those who have played this world, or the creator. Is there a particular park that you have found works well if you change to festival grounds? Or has anyone simply added a festival grounds somewhere and if so what grounds did you put in and where?
Test Subject
#90 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 6:19 AM
Trickai- On mine, I have made Markvale Campground a Festival Lot. There is a fair amount of open space around the perimeter of the lot to facilitate the large seasonal objects such as the dance floor, skating rinks, and haunted houses without disturbing the campground facilities themselves. I will likely post some pics at some point, as Simsample has encouraged us to post pics of anything us community members have made to support SN/SEASONS in Jericho.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 10:55 AM
Thanks Jsa. I have another question for pretty much everyone. In some of the apartments there are visible central air tubing. Are those necessary for anything or just really for increased realism and decoration?
Test Subject
#92 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 8:18 AM
Trickai- Glad to help. The Air Ducts you see are purely decoration. They do give the loft style apartments a more industrial, unfinished feel. They also make a nice option for certain community lots. But, you are not required to put them in any building for it to function.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 9:29 PM
Thanks again Jsa....I love some of the lofts and apartments but I find a lot of stuff on the ceiling to be distracting and I almost always end up clicking on lights or stuff while playing. I usually get rid of some ceiling lights and add different ones that are less distracting. I sort of find the duct work distracting as well, but since it is also unclickable it is not as bad. Gonna try playing with it in and see how it goes. Thanks again!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 4:59 PM Last edited by simsample : 28th Dec 2012 at 4:29 PM. Reason: Added missing lot link
Thank you all for the great comments!

Nick-the-Greek- Do you have a computer with the required specs for the game (as per MTS recommendations)? Remember that this world is more resource intensive than the EA worlds, which are less complex. Also, make sure you have all required EPs.

Lord Vetinari- Well done!

eclipsse- Thanks for the comment! I don't remember much about the Max Headroom series, I thought it was only shown in the USA. I remember the TV movie though. I'm glad you like the Jericho sims, looking forward to seeing your pictures! My old saves work just fine in Seasons, although I had some glitches with the sky type sticking (which cleared up when the season changed).

Bagoes Abyoso- Yes, Jericho works fine with Seasons except for the lot based effects (see later in this post!).

tf1058- I'm glad you like it!

moonracer1313- Thanks for the great comment!

mangaroo- Congrats on the new computer, I'm glad you can play Jericho now! Yes, the library was replaced, although you could always get it back from the old version of the world. I figured we already had a library in New Town (Albemarle Education Centre) so I sacrificed it as part of the 'Make Jericho fun' campaign (a.k.a Showtime update). I have some lot updates, see later in this post!

Trickai- I made a festival lot, see later in this post! The ducting is just decorative, you need to use the 'restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false' cheat to remove them.

jsa78- Thanks for your help!

Jericho Seasons lot updates

This information is repeated on the front page of this download.

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but Seasons gave a big update to the game effects. The world effects work just fine (the lighthouse flare, the pigeons, the hot air balloons) but all of the lot effects are broken. It seems that EA have removed the old fog emitter from game entirely, and replaced it with a new one. This is bad because it means that all of my lots which had effects now do not have effects, but good because the effects are not more intelligent (so, for example, the pigeons at Bermond Esplanade no longer walk through the walls, and rats are no longer able to get into the tattoo parlour!). So, I have reworked the lots which had effects, and uploaded them to my Exchange Studio. I also uploaded them to an alternative location. As well as this, I updated some of the other lots for Supernatural and/or Seasons, and I made a Festival lot for one of the empty lots (Bluetree Down). Please test it and let me know if there are any poroblems, it's my first festival lot! Any feedback and suggestions for improvement for any of the lots would be good, too. Here are the links and details:

Test Subject
#95 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 10:37 AM
I got a question about the override textures for the Arboretum. After examining the SN/SEA updated lots, I'm planning on using most of them. Right now I am updating them in the CAW version, so I don't have to drop in lots every time I begin a new game. I was wondering if there was a way to put those in the new Arboretum textures so they are built into the world without having to use SimPE on a saved game. I copied the files into the extras folder for the CAW of Jericho, but that alone doesn't make it show up in the game like that. What do I need to do for it to work with a CAW version?

The other comment I wanted to make was that I like how the SN updated lots look and I really want to use your Festival Lot. However, I do have some reservations about having to put it on the only vacant 64x64 lot available, since I did want to put a large farm on that lot. If you do release a fully updated SN/SEA version of the neighborhood, please include at least one more 64x64 lot that can be used to make a farm.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 11:03 AM
Ooooh thanks for all the updated lots. Don't know how I missed this on the front page but must have been an off day for me or was being lazy or something. Just to be clear...I have to download, install and then manually replace the lots right...just downloading them and running the city won't auto-replace them? (I'm a simnoob...can you tell)

I also wanted to say that despite your warning about this world being more resource intense, I find it much less laggy (nearly none) with far fewer problems than any of the official worlds. I actually find this to be the case with all user-made worlds and have taken to only playing user made worlds. Jericho has shot to the top of my list of favourites with two others tied for second place.....official worlds have pretty much fallen right off my list.

Thanks for your amazing work, your continued efforts to keep your world running smooth and up to date, and your active responses and help to those playing in your world. As others have said, I am also looking forward to a release of a fully updated world just to see what other amazing things you have added. Okay I am off to update with the new lots and send my little sim-artist out to paint a few still-lifes of the new lots....heheheeh
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 4:41 PM
Please redownload the Seasons Orbit Rooms, I fixed a mistake. Also I omitted the Dancing Dragon Academy which had an effect which needed replacing, the link for that one is on the Overview page too.

@jsa78- The arboretum overrides should work just fine in the 'Extras' folder; that's how I put all of the other textures in. If you are expecting the override to show up in CAW itself then it may not; but the textures will be picked up on export and will show up when you install the world to game. Thanks for the comment about the 64X64 lots; I'll consider it of I ever do an update, although I am dubious about adding more lots as it will change the way the world looks. I like it to have a lot of green open space! Perhaps you could figure out where to add a large lot for a farm in your version of the world, and then I could perhaps copy that for a future update, if I do one!

@Trickai- Yes, you have to place them manually, or else add them in EIG mode to the CAW files, if you plan to make your own updated version. Don't forget to check each lot with buydebug mode ON after you demolish the old versions of the lots; this is so that you can delete any remaining spawners. Otherwise, when you place the new version of the lot, you will have duplicate spawners, which is just wasting computer resources really. I'm glad you like Jericho, and are having fun playing it! Thanks for the performance report, it's good to hear that it's playing smoothly!

Thank you all for downloading and commenting!
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 11:57 AM
going to make myself a save file with all the new lots added and checked then just set it aside in a folder for any time I want to start a new game in jericho. didn't know about the buydebug on and spawners so am going to start from scratch to get it all perfect.
Test Subject
#99 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 1:22 AM
I replaced the updated lots for my CAW version. I got stuck having to deal with the export bug, and had to do a manual install of the world. It seems to be working except for no custom thumbnail, no flyover, and no recolored arboretum. I hope EA fixes whatever the issue is with installing exported worlds.

I did want to ask this: Are there any effects in the CAW part of the map that need to be updated so they work correctly, like you had to on the lots?

I'm still trying to figure out how to get a festival lot without losing that large plot. I do have an idea though: There is a place near the arena district that has room to place a 64x64 lot. I'm thinking of placing the festival lot there, as that seems like an appropriate place to have it, since that district has the Arena, Sports Bar, and Coffee House there. Might make a few changes to the lot to make it fit in with the other venues in the district.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 1:30 AM
The world based effects seem to be functioning correctly, and need no updating.
Page 4 of 8