Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 6:56 PM Last edited by emmyzrulz : 24th Jun 2014 at 6:48 PM. Reason: Wrong catagory
The "Chinese Zodiac" Challenge/ The "Fruits Basket" Challenge
Normal sim life boring you?
Tired of making family's of boring normal children?
Do you like ANIMALS?! If not then read this anyway.

Alright. So the basic rule of this challenge is that every Sim in your generation must be an animal on the Japanese zodiac. that's 12 animals. You must dress your Sims like you think human versions of the animals would look like. and use the colors the animal would have. there hair must be the color of there skin.

You start with two Sims. (AKA the parent Sims For your animal gen!)
Only one of the Sims are part of your zodiac, this is your main Sim.

Use this to find out what animal (If you don't know.) Of the zodiac you are! Use your birth year, whatever animal your birth year is on is the animal of your Sim.

USE ONLY 4 TRAITS.
You can choose whatever traits you want, but try to match them to your animal. for instance. My animals tiger,
I chose the name tigra, and Tigers come in Orange and black, OR! WHite and black! :lovestruc
So heres my sim. To sort of give you an idea on what your doing.

Athletic, Party animal, Flirty, Brave.

Your male sim CAN be in the zodiac, But its recommended he isn't.
Create your male sim. He's going to be your working sim. (basically your man-slave for tons of baby making and work. )

Now that you know what the challenge is, Lets discribe the rules!

You have your starting sim, Named similar, looks similer, blah blah blah But how the heck do I PLAY?!

First, Some simple rules.

1-Every child born must follow the calender. So If My animals tiger, my first child would be the hare/Bunny. follow the calender for all your family. till you get back to tiger.

2-All children can't be in the zodiac. if you have twins or more, one of them cannot be in the zodiac.

3- You can be as creative as you like, Maybe in your world tigers are blue and white, And all that! Go for it.

4-Every 3'd child is not in the zodiac.

5- Every Non zodiac child must work as soon as he's a teenager.

51/2-SET YOUR GAME TO NORMAL, (Only baby's lifespan can be changed.)

6- You cannot try for a baby until your baby has grown into a child.

7- Post pictures. You don't have too, But I wanna see how your sims are and what they look like! :D

8- No services other then babysitters. This includes police and fire fighters. Your house gets robbed/ set on fire? Tough! Put it out yourself, Or just buy new furniture.

9- No room sharing. (With the exception for couples.)

10- When any of your sims gets married, Or has a baby, your first baby is not part of the zodiac. (ONLY your starting couples baby is.)

11- If any of your sims that arnt part of the zodiac have a baby, He/She is also not part of the zodiac, I recommend just moving these Sims out. Unless you need income.

12- Last one, I promise. Once your sims complete there lifetime wish, You can choose if they can nolonger be in the zodiac, If you do change her name to something non animalish!

Have fun. If you need any help ask! Feel free to remove any of these rules if you don't care for them, but playing with them all, is freaking fun. :D
good luck.

Have fun O/
Edit: Its the Chinese zodiac, sorry! Keep uploading those photos! :D

Edit: I know this is so so so so so so sucks like cheese... But It was my first ever challenge ^^'
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:50 PM
I want to give this a try. I just wanted to make sure of something though does the entire zodiac need to be in one generation? With the exception of your starting sim?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Knivis
I want to give this a try. I just wanted to make sure of something though does the entire zodiac need to be in one generation? With the exception of your starting sim?

Nope. it can be multiple generations! ^^
:p
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 11:35 PM
Er....I could have sworn that's the Chinese zodiac. Unless they have the same one.
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Er....I could have sworn that's the Chinese zodiac. Unless they have the same one.

Based on my limited knowledge, they're the same maybe someone with a better understanding could explain

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 6:34 AM Last edited by maddstar : 17th Apr 2013 at 7:08 AM.
B..But what about the sign of the cat D; Poor Kyo!
I changed the rules slightly so each of them have a number and I roll on random.org and whichever number comes up, one that I haven't been before is the zodiac, but if I roll a zero I have to reroll and if I roll it again it's the Cat Zodiac (You can have more than one person with the cat zodiac in the generations because of its nature)
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 1:19 PM
This is kinda awesome. I really like chinese zodiac stuffs~~~ Thanks for the idea.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 6:42 PM
Just started. I think I'll like this challenge. And it definitely makes me consider dropping my "No shojo" rule and watch Fruits Basket
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 6:50 PM
I would love to do this challenge, but any idea on how to make a bird sim? Should I just choose any kind of bird?
- Cool challenge!
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 8:20 PM
This actually sounds really fun! Though the amount of CC I would want to download is kind of ridiculous.
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

So, this. Japanese culture doesn't focus as much on the idea of astrology as the ancient Chinese culture did. I find it hilarious one of the header images on this forum is about cultural diversity in the Sims, and then we have something like this pop up.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd May 2013 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by josephdean21
So, this. Japanese culture doesn't focus as much on the idea of astrology as the ancient Chinese culture did. I find it hilarious one of the header images on this forum is about cultural diversity in the Sims, and then we have something like this pop up.

Having lived in Japan for a while, I can safely tell you that Japanese teenagers are as obsessed with the Chinese zodiac as 16 year old girls any where are obsessed with their local zodiac, wanting to see what insights it will give them into their teachers, themselves, their friends, etc. They actually get quite obsessive about it even if they appropriated it from the Chinese.

The only difference is that they are perhaps even more obsessed with blood type which they believe to be an even bigger indicator of your personality type.

The Djinn Legacy - A Random Legacy
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th May 2013 at 1:25 AM
The bird should be The Rooster. And http://www.chinesezodiac.com/ has information on the different personalities, etc. Each sign is connected to an element, so that could also help in creating the sim for that sign. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac is also a good place to look at for what an idea of what the Sim might want to do in life. (Look for the Trines towards the bottom.) But of course, that's only if you want to go really accurate/complicated with the whole thing.

As the The Cat, maybe that can be the 13th and last generation? If you're doing one per generation.

I might try this after I finish my Random Legacy.
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th May 2013 at 12:05 AM
I love this idea so I just started mine today!
My first Zodiac is the Serpent. Her name is Serpine. Her traits are Evil, Diva, Loves the outdoors, and Brave. Serpine's lifetime wish is to live in the lap of luxury. Since she stays at home to provide for her offspring, she enjoys making money by being a self-employed writer as well as a painter.

My male Sim is Jake. Jake is quite the athlete and devotes most of his time to working out. His lifetime wish is to become a superstar athlete and he is well on his way! He is working in the athlete career path to bring home most of the income.

Jake and Serpine are busy raising their first Zodiac child. A child born in the year of the Horse. They named her Mere. She has already developed the traits excitable and loves the outdoors, but she is still a baby and has a long way to go. Right now, I'm thinking her fur will probably be black.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 20th May 2013 at 8:16 PM Last edited by Zerhai : 20th May 2013 at 8:20 PM. Reason: more information
you should at least have a link to a site that has descriptions of all the zodiacs. I think i shall try this though!
here is a basic link to tell about each one: http://japanese.about.com/od/japane...r1/a/100498.htm
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 7:37 AM
Default Yay
Hi thank you for creating this I like the Chineese(Japaneese) Zodic so this is the perfect Sims 3 challange for me I'm a horse so what would be a good name?????
Anyway Tigra looks great awesome job :lovestruc
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jlls15
Hi thank you for creating this I like the Chineese(Japaneese) Zodic so this is the perfect Sims 3 challange for me I'm a horse so what would be a good name?????
Don't worry giving me a name I'm going to call her Merle :horse:
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 1:12 PM
Not sure how I missed this. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Dr. Qusul Pa'Lhaxalic has been reassigned and has a new partner. Stay Tuned.
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 3:00 AM
I'd be tempted to actually make the sims look like the characters from Fruits Basket XD
Can I do this as a legacy?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 7:52 AM
Just slightly confused...if you start with one animal and then the kids you have are the next animal -- like tiger to bunny -- are you allowed to go into CAS and change their looks to match the animal or maybe plastic surgery later I guess.

I think I will do this semi-legacy style and instead of changing animals per zodiac child, I'll just have one animal per generation. That way with a "normal" spouse then whatever kid looks like mom they are a zodiac child.

So, if i start with Tiger all second generation zodiac children will be bunny, third generation will be dragon, etc. I'll end with a litter of tigers to come full circle.

Dr. Qusul Pa'Lhaxalic has been reassigned and has a new partner. Stay Tuned.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jlls15

Sorry for the late reply!
Awesome, I would say "Hope" Or Mabye "Epona" Or if you wanna go towards My little pony names, that works :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Secresa
Just slightly confused...if you start with one animal and then the kids you have are the next animal -- like tiger to bunny -- are you allowed to go into CAS and change their looks to match the animal or maybe plastic surgery later I guess.

I think I will do this semi-legacy style and instead of changing animals per zodiac child, I'll just have one animal per generation. That way with a "normal" spouse then whatever kid looks like mom they are a zodiac child.

So, if i start with Tiger all second generation zodiac children will be bunny, third generation will be dragon, etc. I'll end with a litter of tigers to come full circle.

Yes! Correct.
You can go into CAS and edit them, as long as you dont cheat by giving yourself sims or money! ^^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Icy_Pandaz
I'd be tempted to actually make the sims look like the characters from Fruits Basket XD
Can I do this as a legacy?

Yes, Yes you can! ^^
And that would be adorable! I would love to see a little kyo :D
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 8:01 PM
This challenge sounds awesome, I may try it when I have free time and post a few pictures here. I'm so tempted to make my sims look like Fruit's Baskets characters (specially when I'll get the Ox since I love Haru!).
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 3:53 AM
Omg I LOVE Fruits Basket! My sign is the drgon so making my sim might prove to be bit interesting... Love the idea for this, so creative! starting this today and hopefully i'll be able to figure out how to post pictures!
Page 1 of 2