Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 11:35 PM
Default Nightlife Code
Okay, so I am reinstalling all of my Sims 2 EP and the original game so that I can start over fresh. One problem, I can't find the code anywhere on the Nightlife box or inside. Does anyone know where it is located?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 11:36 PM
Aren't the codes usually printed on the little pamphlets/info books rather than the boxes?
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 11:38 PM
Either on the booklets or on the CD case :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSilverLining
Aren't the codes usually printed on the little pamphlets/info books rather than the boxes?

Yeah, they're printed on the back of the instruction manual.
#5 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 11:39 PM
The code is usually on the back page of the booklet/pamphlet as far as I remember.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 11:39 PM
Well for the original one and Uni they were on the back of the CD, but Nightlife and FF didn't come with a CD case. I'll search around to see if I can even find the pamphlet in my mess. :doh

Edit: Okay well I did find my FF pamphlet and the code is on the back, but I'm afraid that in a cleaning spree I might of thrown away the Nightlife pamphlet without even thinking about it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 12:01 PM
I think you can ask Maxis to get you a new code

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 12:03 PM
If you did have the game installed, it's possible the registry key entries are still there: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=176239 ... otherwise there is info there on getting a new code/retrieving your existing code from EA.

Get a CD-safe permanent marker and write your serial code on your game disk as soon as you take it out of the package. That way, as long as you have your disks, you have the code.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 2:31 PM
Thank you! Haha yes I will definitely be writing the codes down on the CD. How do you know if a marker is CD safe?
Site Helper
#10 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 4:59 PM
Soft tip, so it doesn't scratch the enamel. The packaging often tells you if you read it when you are buying a new one.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 8:31 PM
Thanks. I went out to Office Depot and they had a special marker that was really cheap so I got that and then tested the game and everything went well.